Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

sbaldrick posted:

Please tell me I'm not the only person bothered by the massive ethical abuses everyone on this show commits, like get people disbarred and a bunch of people retried double jeopardy or not.

It would probably bother me a lot more if this wasn't a hyper sensationalized TV drama meant to entertain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

sbaldrick posted:

Please tell me I'm not the only person bothered by the massive ethical abuses everyone on this show commits, like get people disbarred and a bunch of people retried double jeopardy or not.

Scandal does this x 10,000, so I'm just used to it on a Shondaland show.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Scandal does this x 10,000, so I'm just used to it on a Shondaland show.

Scandal also has crazy assassins and scandals that may not even cause issues in the real world.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

sbaldrick posted:

Scandal also has crazy assassins

It's only been four episodes, give it time.

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

sbaldrick posted:

I, too, strongly prefer my ethical abuses to be realistic, but I'm resigned to the fact that things like overbilling and lying about the availability of emails to discovery don't make for good drama.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

solovyov posted:

I, too, strongly prefer my ethical abuses to be realistic, but I'm resigned to the fact that things like overbilling and lying about the availability of emails to discovery don't make for good drama.

The problem was that some of the more successful lawyer shows historical didn't been the law in such as disbarring way

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

sbaldrick posted:

The problem was that some of the more successful lawyer shows historical didn't been the law in such as disbarring way

This is a soap with lawyers, not a lawyer show.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

I've been watching too many spy movies/shows. When she was taking off that wig I was suddenly convinced it was the black detective in elaborate makeup/wig shedding it off before realizing I was being really dumb.

Now for the followup.

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW
The problem this show has is the same problem Scandal has and that is that none of the characters are relatable and they are all horrible people that deserve to go to jail/die.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

mythicknight posted:

I've been watching too many spy movies/shows. When she was taking off that wig I was suddenly convinced it was the black detective in elaborate makeup/wig shedding it off before realizing I was being really dumb.

That's a hilarious mental image, given that they've been in multiple scenes together, and she even grilled him on the stand at court. Maybe this show is secretly Shutter Island: The Series.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
8 IS great, Connor. As for the rest of the episode, hmm. I don't really care for Laurel or her affair with the student aide.

Ubiquitous_ fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 24, 2014

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
There still seems to be a lot of sexual tension with Annalise and Wes... I'm waiting for their eventual hook-up since this is a soap with Lawyers.

That said -- the twists and turns this show does is so delicious. It's becoming my favorite show of the week.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I know I've said it before but Viola is. So. Good. in this.

:drat:

e: AND THEN THAT ENDING :aaaaa: :derp:

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 31, 2014

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Paris Gellar is the only character that I cannot figure out -- who is she loyal to? What are her motives? Why is she so mysterious?

Tonight's episode was the first time that I liked Asher and I felt pretty bad for him. :(

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

sbaldrick posted:

LOL if you think a Shonda Rhimes joint is anything but fiction of the most extravagant brand.

Kicklighter
Jun 30, 2012

This show reminds me of Hell's Kitchen with celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay

shuiromahou
Feb 23, 2014

Kicklighter posted:

This show reminds me of Hell's Kitchen with celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay

Can I ask you why it reminds you of Hells..... oh god I totally see it now

A bunch of kids trying to impress a loud angry mentor, totally get it

Kicklighter
Jun 30, 2012

shuiromahou posted:

A bunch of kids trying to impress a loud angry mentor, totally get it
Also there are sous chefs

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Next week is the Fall Finale... makes me wonder if the murder will happen tonight or next week.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Why isn't this stickied? This show is pretty drat good.

Kicklighter
Jun 30, 2012

How to Get Away with Murder (by using your law students as pawns)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My fiance and I stumbled across this earlier this evening on Hulu and it's loving crazy. Hulu doesn't have the first three eps though, can I find them elsewhere? Also, why is the statue important?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
The statue is the murder weapon used on cheating husband. It's also an 'immunity idol' for any student who has it which they can use to pass their exam.

As for this week's Dead Girl Flashback (Thanks Veronica Mars), I really give no craps about her or the accused girl from the Carrie Diaries.

As for blondie getting fired, Viola Davis is probably playing a long-con sort of game which will probably be unsatisfying.

Oh and Connor is still great.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Andrew_1985 posted:

As for blondie getting fired, Viola Davis is probably playing a long-con sort of game which will probably be unsatisfying.

I was pretty shocked that Blondie was in love with Viola rather then cheating husband. Didn't see it coming at all.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

sbaldrick posted:

I was pretty shocked that Blondie was in love with Viola rather then cheating husband. Didn't see it coming at all.

I don't think this is confirmed, but suspected?

Show is still strong and I enjoy watching Conner every week. The rest of his classmates are not as interesting.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

courtney_beth posted:

I don't think this is confirmed, but suspected?

Show is still strong and I enjoy watching Conner every week. The rest of his classmates are not as interesting.

I think blondie was just more loyal to viola rather than the husband. She slept with Conner so I doubt she's in love with viola?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Lyon posted:

I think blondie was just more loyal to viola rather than the husband. She slept with Conner so I doubt she's in love with viola?

She slept with Asher, not Conner. If she had slept with Conner then that would have been an even bigger gay gasp.

Can't wait to see how everything finally fits together this week. The big question for now is why does Michaela go to the house with the trophy? I can understand why everyone else ends up at the murder scene but I can't think of a reason for her right now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've been storing these up ready to watch, as Shonda + Violet is bound to be awesome... but Liza Weil is in the cast too? So sold it hurts. Always superb in Gilmore Girls and really good when she was in Scandal for that brief moment. Psyched.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Binged through this last night. It's pretty good.

Asher needs to be killed off or get more screen time. He's barely there. Did it need to be Conner asking the son about the maid? The kid didn't believe the story anyway.

joneseyjnr2002
Jun 18, 2013
Just watched episode 5 last night (UK), I'm enjoying this series so far, but i was wondering whether all the legal stuff is depicted accurately?

I was a bit confused with the whole defence and prosecution getting to pick and choose the jury in last nights episode, isn't the point of a jury to be random?

What do you guys think of Alfred Enoch? I can't decide if his accent is a bit suspect.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Binged through this last night. It's pretty good.

Asher needs to be killed off or get more screen time. He's barely there. Did it need to be Conner asking the son about the maid? The kid didn't believe the story anyway.

I had to look up which one was Asher, I was calling him white guy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

joneseyjnr2002 posted:

What do you guys think of Alfred Enoch? I can't decide if his accent is a bit suspect.

I think it's quite incredible to be honest.

apathetic JAP
Dec 28, 2011

it tastes like pink.

joneseyjnr2002 posted:

I had no idea he was British, so pretty drat spectacular?

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

joneseyjnr2002 posted:

There was a moment in I think the pilot where it sounded like his accent was slipping through, but since then it's been okay.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

xeria posted:

There was a moment in I think the pilot where it sounded like his accent was slipping through, but since then it's been okay.

I think there was a point in the last episode where I felt the same thing was happening, but his accent has been fine.

I'll be so sad when the show's off the air the next two months but happy to get my Thursdays back. BRING IT, SHOW. :munch:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

joneseyjnr2002 posted:

Just watched episode 5 last night (UK), I'm enjoying this series so far, but i was wondering whether all the legal stuff is depicted accurately?

I was a bit confused with the whole defence and prosecution getting to pick and choose the jury in last nights episode, isn't the point of a jury to be random?

The point of a jury is to be fair. The selection process was mostly accurate. The biggest fib in the court stuff might be the prosecution regularly introducing surprise evidence.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

joneseyjnr2002 posted:

Every time I've been to jury duty the defense and prosecution are allowed to keep jurors that seem unbiased enough to not be prejudiced toward their side and to dismiss those who might. Oftentimes, depending on how a potential juror answers questions the defense will want to keep someone but the prosecution will dismiss and vice versa. It's a long process to pick a jury but usually the final people are mostly unbiased.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The green lighting is really annoying. Just establish the scene is on the night of the murder and film it in a way that doesn't suck.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Logical outcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS

Pinwiz11 posted: