Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i was reading about the glorantha setting (king of dragon pass) and and thinking about how much weird poo poo happens in tabletop rpg settings, which are probably more extensively thought out than any other type of fictional world, like in glorantha there are these things that are the children of the goddess of rape and anything they rape gives birth to another one of them

like they can rape the ground and the ground will give birth to a new one

and i thought why not a thread about these weird things that come out in these settings since people in gbs are sad nerds who read about fictional worlds

but then i thought a more succinct way of putting it would just be to post this

i don't think kobold anuses would have the circumference of humans so i don't agree with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I put on my robe and wizard hat

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
op you can't mention glorantha and not post the awesome ducks

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

they are 4 feet tall and fight undead in a swamp they are p cool

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Neurosis posted:

thank you op these guys are great

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
The anal circumference charts from FATAL are kind of low-hanging fruit when you consider that the whole system was the unreadable scrawl of two idiots with too much time on their hands.

:nws:white_wolf.jpg:nws:, on the other hand, was an illustration from a book that people exchanged money for.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Whybird posted:

The anal circumference charts from FATAL are kind of low-hanging fruit when you consider that the whole system was the unreadable scrawl of two idiots with too much time on their hands.

:nws:white_wolf.jpg:nws:, on the other hand, was an illustration from a book that people exchanged money for.

whoa

what world of darkness thing is this i would like to 'roleplay' as that lady

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Neurosis posted:

please be kind to the duck men on your quest to become king of dragon pass

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Neurosis posted:

whoa

what world of darkness thing is this i would like to 'roleplay' as that lady

the montreal sourcebook for vampire: if u were a goth, u played this

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Yivgev posted:

please be kind to the duck men on your quest to become king of dragon pass

it's funny they're such good fighters in the game b/c they're around 4' tall and 120 pounds or something and the books say they don't get bothered much mainly because they live in lovely areas no one else wants (though there's a kingdom of them on an island somewhere)

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

nerds are weird fuckers, news at 11

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
here is a funny thing from a table top roll playing game i play, it is called carcasonne and the little people are called meeples! haha

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

There's a WTF D&D about this, it's worth reading them all to find it.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

a starwar betamax posted:

here is a funny thing from a table top roll playing game i play, it is called carcasonne and the little people are called meeples! haha

ha ha ha ... !!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Whybird posted:

what is supposed to be happening here, other than the obvious "nerds beating off"

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

scalded schlong posted:

what is supposed to be happening here, other than the obvious "nerds beating off"

an immersive roleplaying experience

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

scalded schlong posted:

i assume blood from a raped virgin is like a super powerful ingredient or something stupid like that

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Roll for anal circumference

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Neurosis posted:

duck tales

oo oo ooo

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Neurosis posted:

like in glorantha there are these things that are the children of the goddess of rape and anything they rape gives birth to another one of them

The deity of rape is female? Sounds like males are trying desperately to shift the blame for something they do to the other gender

Kind of like when they try to claim the lovely Abrahamic god is female too

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Whybird posted:

What exactly are the creators of FATAL doing nowadays? Isn't the creation of something like that at age 19 the type of thing that would follow you forever?

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
I think more systems should have retard strength mechanics

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Don't gently caress w/ the Duck

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
seriously dont, they worship humakt and will pull your head off

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
good thing it was a nympho baby accustomed to anal sex or that kobold might have torn its butthole

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

I'm unsure if I'm accustomed to anal sex

*rolls a d20*

huh, yeah, I'm really accustomed to getting railed in the butt

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
im sorry matt but you rolled a 4 and did NOT rip the teen bugbear's anus

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
5"-6" for "normal manhood" circumference seems a little...you know....small.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

ccan i just find a loving ogre to rip my butthole open???? god this campaign suuuuucks

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
don't gently caress the wood nymphs

wood nymph herpes is a hell of a thing

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Yivgev posted:

ccan i just find a loving ogre to rip my butthole open???? god this campaign suuuuucks

look bobs this is ROLE-playing and if u want an ogre butthole party ur going to have to have in-character justification

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

look bobs this is ROLE-playing and if u want an ogre butthole party ur going to have to have in-character justification

In that game an ogre butthole party is justification all by itself.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

heroquesting this thread into a glorantha thread because the imp zone one is excruciatingly slow

here is the story of how dildos came to pass

quote:

When the World was Bad and everyone shook in their beds, Eurmal was up to his old tricks. He had taught men and women how to enjoy each other and was busy practising himself. He seduced many of the women of Orlanth's Household including Heler's wife. Enraged by this, even though he had himself seduced Ernalda, Orlanth's wife, Heler complained to Orlanth and suggested that Eurmal was acting like Ragnaglar. Orlanth grabbed Eurmal by the scruff of the neck and shook him in the air, saying that if he so much as looked at a woman until Orlanth said it was all right, Orlanth would blast Eurmal's weapon with a Thunderbolt.

Uleria, whom Eurmal had tried to seduce many times but failed, heard this and decided to have some fun. She dressed in her finest clothes and walked by Eurmal, who tried to ignore her but changed the way he was standing. Uleria then started to remove her clothing, very slowly, and smiled at Eurmal who had to use a sporran to hide his embarrassment. When Uleria removed all her clothes and started to show Eurmal what he was missing, those who looked on thought that Eurmal was holding a pink spear which almost took his eye out. Finally, Uleria used the rest of her charms and Eurmal would have been lost except that Orlanth called to him to attend. Eurmal could not see the Storm God in his condition, especially after Orlanth's threat, and because he could not easily walk, he snapped off the pink spear and threw it to Uleria with a laugh. Uleria took the spear and, deprived of his company and starting to itch, used it for her own pleasure.

Orlanth and Eurmal went into the Underworld in search of the Treasures of the Earth. The First Guardian they met was Warm Earth, a goddess of licentious behaviour who took men and drained them of their vitality until they were mere husks. Orlanth saw her beauty and was entranced for she reminded him of his beloved Ernalda, but Eurmal stepped between them and took all her wanton charms. Eurmal was unmoved and Warm Earth stepped aside, saying that it would be easier to raise the dead than stir feelings in Eurmal's trews. Uleria, however, screamed so loudly that a couple of Stars fell from the Sky in surprise and came to see what she was doing.

Next came Cold Earth whose grip was the Grave. However, Orlanth had taught his followers to spread their souls on the Winds from their funeral pyres and had no fear of the Grave's cold embrace, so he passed the demon with no trouble.

Finally came Silent Earth who guarded the courts of Ty Kora Tek and threatened to overwhelm the two gods, but Eurmal heard, in the far, far distance, Uleria's screams of pleasure which had only just carried to where he was, and heard her crying his name over and over again. This broke the Silence and allowed the two Gods to pass.

They broke into Ty Kora Tek's Court and saw the dread souls which stood in Silence. Suddenly afraid they turned and fled, Eurmal only stopping to grab a stone sceptre and a head-dress of fruit, Orlanth also stopped and grabbed a handful of jewels. As they fled, they were chased by the demons of the Underworld, led by Babeester Gor and Gorgorma. As they drew closer, Eurmal looked back and threw some of the fruit on the ground. Some of the demons stopped to pick up the fruit and let Eurmal go. Again and again this happened until Eurmal ran out of fruit. In desperation he grabbed at Orlanth's Jewels and threw them back, causing Babeester Gor to stumble and fall. However, dread Gorgorma reached out and caught Eurmal by the heel, drawing him towards her second mouth, but to her astonishment he had nothing to give her except the stone sceptre which blunted her dread teeth. Eurmal pulled it out and knocked her to the ground as Orlanth grabbed him and pulled him free. The pair then ran from the Underworld and returned to Orlanth's Halls.

Eurmal saw Uleria and demanded the return of his spear, but she refused saying that it had given her much pleasure. "But look," said Eurmal "how soft it is now, surely you would prefer this sceptre - it will always be hard." They exchanged gifts and were friendly afterwards.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Yaldabaoth posted:

The deity of rape is female? Sounds like males are trying desperately to shift the blame for something they do to the other gender

Kind of like when they try to claim the lovely Abrahamic god is female too

she was traumatised or some poo poo and asked to be made the goddess of the worst thing that could be done to another person

i think

glorantha is weird because a bunch of myths that contradict each other can be simultaneously true

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
the best dumb thing is abusing bad dungeons is abusing bad dungeons and dragons rules until you can gain insanely loyal followers by crawling into a guys rear end and exploding him

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Neurosis posted:

she was traumatised or some poo poo and asked to be made the goddess of the worst thing that could be done to another person

I'm just sick and tired of deities of sexual perversion and violence being female when it's proven time and again that most rapes are committed by males

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Wait, how are bugbears on that chart? Aren't bugbears just piles of bugs in a vaguely bear-shaped mass? Or are there multiple definitions of the word "bugbear", I don't know

On that note

Owlbears are also pretty great

Chattin' about bears

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

HJE-Cobra posted:

Wait, how are bugbears on that chart? Aren't bugbears just piles of bugs in a vaguely bear-shaped mass? Or are there multiple definitions of the word "bugbear", I don't know

On that note

Owlbears are also pretty great

Chattin' about bears

A Bugbear is a legendary creature or type of hobgoblin comparable to the bogeyman (or bugaboo or babau), and other creatures of folklore, all of which were historically used in some cultures to frighten disobedient children.[1]

so it doesn't have much to do with bugs

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bugchasing bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Neurosis posted:

A Bugbear is a legendary creature or type of hobgoblin comparable to the bogeyman (or bugaboo or babau), and other creatures of folklore, all of which were historically used in some cultures to frighten disobedient children.[1]

so it doesn't have much to do with bugs

Bogeyman monsters have plenty to do with bugs unless Tim Burton lied to me

• Locked thread