Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
Oh man, libertarians vs not-mongols, the series! I read through the whole thing when the last trilogy came out and I went from rather liking it (hey, I started reading it in 5th grade and didn't know better) to deciding I'd probably never pick it up again. I think literally every other page of the last trilogy was Richard proselytizing. I've never been the type to pay really close attention to what I'm reading so I'm looking forward to the ripping-apart-in-detail to come!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal
I don't think tricking people breaks the rules.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Raygereio posted:

Darken Rahl & the kid talk: It's been 15'ish years since I read these books, but isn't Rahl going to sacrifice that kid for a ritual and the kid had to love Rahl for it to work?

Yep.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

TheSmilingJackal posted:

No, he just also fed the kid blueberry pie through the same stupid funnel thing.

Speaking of horrible things to eat and poor memor-, Darkseid, unless I'm remembering it wrong, it seems like you skipped the :barf: ingredients of the meat paste. I'm not going to dig out the drat book to see if what I recall is right, so I can't say I blame you.

Actually he fed him gruel, and made him think it was blueberry pie, presumably through the same nonsensical trickery that Zedd used on the farmers.

Why do I remember this poo poo so well!?

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

TheSmilingJackal posted:

Also, this is from a few pages ago, but it really can't be over stated. Dumb poo poo happens in these books because people won't just explain poo poo to each other.

I read these books REALLY uncritically but this got to even me. I remember basically shouting at the characters to just open their goddamn mouths and say something useful.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

then we just cut to a single snippet of Zedd, who has murdered his way through D'Haran territory trying to grab something that Rahl beat him to.

Isn't the thing he's looking for the Book of Counted Shadows? Which Richard's dad took, of course...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

quote:

A creature of snarl and snap.

This made me LOL for some reason. Goodkiiiind :argh: