Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

if you're following a recipe and it calls for garlic, put double what it says and the food will taste better.

bonus pro tip: a garlic a day keeps the doctor away. garlic is good for you!

share your garlic pro tips here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

if someone doesn't like the taste of garlic, their opinions on tastes are bad and should be ignored

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i could probably do one clove

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Prodigal T-REX posted:

please try raw and report back

i just ate a shitload of garlic in my dinner but maybe later

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Cream_Filling posted:

if you feed a chicken garlic for a month, does its meat taste like garlic?

idk. but heres a protip: put garlic on the chicken meat when you cook it and it will taste like garlic!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

good tips keep it up

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

drat i gotta try that

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i started with that stuff in a jar when i was a total cooking scrub, then moved up to a garlic press and then finally a knife. pro tip: you can ease into being a garlic pro

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Prodigal T-REX posted:

smaller knives dont actually give you better control for the most part

easier to conceal though

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Shnag posted:

Went back to cutting garlic with a knife rather then using the garlic press, I admit it tasted better. Also using more garlic over all, I usually used a clove or two for a meal for two people, it seems the pros use a couple entire bulbs without a second thought.

a gbs garlic success story

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

why would you want to get the smell off

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

redshirt posted:

I have a friend who's convinced garlic is the cure for all sickness, preventing cancer, healthy skin, etc etc. Even keeping mosquitoes away. As such he consumes massive amounts of garlic and when he sweats or hasn't showered, the smell. The smell is like nothing I've ever smelled on a person. Beyond description.

garlic is p good for you but he should still shower

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

killaer posted:

I just ate three cloves of raw garlic

gj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

youre farts will push the poo poo out

• Locked thread