Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

That's the guy.

PneumonicBook posted:

What was your answer if you remember it? As an Aegis FC who gave plenty of SWO combat walkthroughs I'm curious.

It was basically a regurgitation of the Caps/Lims that started with SIGPRO and ended with the different types of SM-2, their capabilities, what threats different builds were best used for, and how we'd engage a particular threat given a known limitation in VLS at the time.

Boon fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Sir Lucius posted:

I did a board for idw. if I never do a board again I will be happy. I dont know what it is, but I really don't give a poo poo about navy awards.

gently caress 3M on a loving IDW Board man.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

The unmotivated me wonders why I was trying to find the sneakiest backdoor routes to get into an AW board or something, just to experience it since my motard rear end was into doing everything possible to be the best. I didn't care about the BJOQ board, or anything else this hospital viewed as 'important' to showing you wanted to do more in the Navy than just show up to work. I loving hate these people. Corpsman Chiefs are the worst. 3 months and my BAH chit still hasn't gone anywhere.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pandasmores posted:

The unmotivated me wonders why I was trying to find the sneakiest backdoor routes to get into an AW board or something, just to experience it since my motard rear end was into doing everything possible to be the best. I didn't care about the BJOQ board, or anything else this hospital viewed as 'important' to showing you wanted to do more in the Navy than just show up to work. I loving hate these people. Corpsman Chiefs are the worst. 3 months and my BAH chit still hasn't gone anywhere.

Look up your command instruction regarding special request chits. I'm certain it will list a specifically required response time. Typically it's 3 business days. Bring that to your LPO's then chief's attention. If they still don't do anything, go to your DIVO, department head, XO, and CO in that order until it gets squared away.

poo poo getting lost in the goat locker was one of my biggest loving pet peeves. Even if they're going to recommend deny, holding onto it is a lovely loving stall tactic and is unacceptable.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah still has to go to the highest approver anyways eh?

Always get pissed when poo poo gets shot down by co-workers before they even try to route it and they just don't even bother to sea lawyer it. I understand burning bridges but gently caress

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah it has to go to at least the level that the skipper has delegated approval to. For disapproval, though, it has to go higher potentially to the old man himself.

I lucked out that I never had to bitch at any of the chiefs that worked for me, but I did constantly butt heads with on DLPCO that tried to make it seem like he needed to see everyone's chits before they went up. gently caress that poo poo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Haha yeah people love adding themselves to the list of approvers. gently caress outta here

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Look up your command instruction regarding special request chits. I'm certain it will list a specifically required response time. Typically it's 3 business days. Bring that to your LPO's then chief's attention. If they still don't do anything, go to your DIVO, department head, XO, and CO in that order until it gets squared away.

poo poo getting lost in the goat locker was one of my biggest loving pet peeves. Even if they're going to recommend deny, holding onto it is a lovely loving stall tactic and is unacceptable.

Yeah, found it at the admin office. The MAs and one of the RPs were in there, PS and YN are gone or some poo poo and hilariously my chit is now going to be 2 months and counting on the wait with like 7 more. The RP was just like "they'll take care of it when barracks manning is at the right percentage, whatever it is now." And then he pulled some percentage out of his rear end when I didnt just turn around and leave. Apparently, from what they said I should have walked it up back in August when I putnit in and not given it to my LPO, regardless of what coverage my clinic needed to handle psychotic patients who were getting hosed by medical if I didnt step it. Buddy fuckers to the last, every one of them. I guess on Tuesday Ill take some time to just grab it from the office and walk into the CMCs office and just tell him that they said I should have walked it. In reality Ill just call the lady that has the manning calculated and talk to her. If its over Im moving my chit if not then lmao.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Christoff posted:

Haha yeah people love adding themselves to the list of approvers. gently caress outta here

The worst CMC on the planet added herself to all chits below the Dept. Head. And the XO/CO allowed it. I mean ALL. Like my DIVO's chit had to go through her. I hope to see her on Navy Times but never ever will.

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Oct 11, 2014

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

poopkitty posted:

The worst CMC on the planet added herself to all chits below the Dept. Head. And the XO/CO allowed it. I mean ALL. Like my DIVO's chit had to go through her. I hope to see her on Navy Times but never ever will.

How does that even work? Like, as a divo when I route a chit or something, I'm the one that marks off who it gets routed to. Even if our CMC wanted to review it, he'd never even know about it unless my DH sent it to him. Same with e-leave.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

poopkitty posted:

Female CMC? Unllikely unless she steals money or fucks the CO. I had the world's worst dept head who pulled crap like that i had to explain to her, in very small words, that while she was free to recommend denying my leave chits, she still had to route them. She had been a flight attrite NFO for "medical reasons" which I'm pretty sure involved any of a number of obvious personality disorders she also frequently told us all she could see ghosts and had a habit of getting drunk and hitting on people our office was in the middle of prosecuting. Fun times.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

poopkitty posted:

I would have loving laughed in their god drat faces if any of them tried to make me route my chits through them. Then again, I haven't known any with the gall to actually try that poo poo. I got along alright with all the CMCs I worked with, though.

EDIT: We did have one that was an RPCM before a CMC so he was a busybody with admin stuff all the time. He was involved with a lot of just routing stuff but never anything officer related.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Wingnut Ninja posted:

How does that even work? Like, as a divo when I route a chit or something, I'm the one that marks off who it gets routed to. Even if our CMC wanted to review it, he'd never even know about it unless my DH sent it to him. Same with e-leave.

She had the XO/CO convinced that she was the gatekeeper. She was an evil, evil, manipulative bitch.

Once I went on liberty in a foreign port with my liberty buddy. We had overnight libs, two hotel rooms, the usual. (I'm a Chief, and a woman, the only one on board at the time.) She wrote a HUGE disclaimer on my chit about "perceptions of untoward behavior" and adultery. She let us know "she'd be watching." Good, bitch. Try watching me Skype with my family inside my hotel room.

She didn't even eat in the CPO mess because she thought she was better than us. She would come in and get food and then eat in her office. She used to tell us "I am the 1%" all the time.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

poopkitty posted:

She had the XO/CO convinced that she was the gatekeeper. She was an evil, evil, manipulative bitch.

Once I went on liberty in a foreign port with my liberty buddy. We had overnight libs, two hotel rooms, the usual. (I'm a Chief, and a woman, the only one on board at the time.) She wrote a HUGE disclaimer on my chit about "perceptions of untoward behavior" and adultery. She let us know "she'd be watching." Good, bitch. Try watching me Skype with my family inside my hotel room.

She didn't even eat in the CPO mess because she thought she was better than us. She would come in and get food and then eat in her office. She used to tell us "I am the 1%" all the time.

Is perception the same thing as "I have no proof but I have a hunch"?

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

poopkitty posted:

Yuck. People like that are awful. During IA I was the only female O on my FOB for a while. According to some air force types, eat with the pretty decent and normal female Sgt types = Unduly familiar relationship. Eat with dudes of any rank = sex. I had a lot of DFAC takeout boxes until more normal people showed up. One of these idiots, after some other females arrived literally said to one of the other females "I can't prove it but I know you are having an affair with [redacted...and she wasn't] but since I know the CO won't do anything about it, I'll be watching you, and I'll report it to AF leadership when we get back." He was a special kind of rear end in a top hat.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

vulturesrow posted:

Only if he goes P3s.

Or p8's but then he'd be doing even less work. I hope I transition so I can gently caress off as a student for 6 months before going back to sea duty.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

poopkitty posted:

So not all Chiefs have the view of "I didn't see you do it, but I have a hunch you did, you're a filthy liar trying to use Jedi mind tricks, and I am God almighty"? You just blew my drat mind Poopkitty.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
The X-47B is an amazing drone, and watching this video of well-edited X-47B flight ops gave me a patriot boner.

http://vimeo.com/105478034

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Angry Fish posted:

The X-47B is an amazing drone, and watching this video of well-edited X-47B flight ops gave me a patriot boner.

http://vimeo.com/105478034

well edited my rear end

3 minutes of video played at 1/3 speed and no sound for the vast majority of it is not "well-edited"

but yeah that's a cool drone

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

poopkitty posted:

Ugh, that sucks. Ideally a front office will shut down stupidity like that from the CMC, but sometimes it seeps through. I've seen a similar situation but I'm glad it didn't go quite that far.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Happy Birthday, Navy! Suck my dick from the back!

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Another day to eat pizza and drink beer before eating pizza and drinking tequila all week to dull the pain of another a school experience.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Laranzu posted:

Another day to eat pizza and drink beer before eating pizza and drinking tequila all week to dull the pain of another a school experience.

At least you get today off! Tax dollars hard at work.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

At least you get today off! Tax dollars hard at work.

Happy Birthday Navy! Your part-time pay and cheap health insurance is pretty okay right now.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Ugh, that sucks. Ideally a front office will shut down stupidity like that from the CMC, but sometimes it seeps through. I've seen a similar situation but I'm glad it didn't go quite that far.

Only had one "is the CMC a retard?" experience...we got a new CMC. The community I was working in had a disproportionate number of sailors marrying admittedly hot, but crazy chicks and it ending badly. Experience taught us that the first thing that would happen after separation occurred was a phone call from the soon to be ex claiming non-support. Experience also taught us that if you blow them off, they will keep going higher and higher up the food chain until eventually Hottie McBatshit is calling the CO's desk. So my LNC and I had a system wherein we directed the quarterdeck to refer all crazy exes to legal...LNC or I would listen, pretend to give a poo poo, then say "Wow, that's really terrible. We take things like this very seriously. Can you please put all that in a letter, and attach any receipts or bills you have, and send it to the command, to my attention? Once we get your letter I will make sure we look into it and take appropriate action." The ones who just wanted to gently caress with their ex would not be bothered...and the rare instance it was a legit complaint, we would have what we needed to sit down and counsel petty officer idiot. After hanging up, we would back brief the appropriate LCPO and the CMC. Well, shortly after new CMC arrived, we got a call from a crazy. We fielded it, went to tell CMC, and he was in the shower. No biggie. Whatever. so the LCPO filled him in later that morning. He went ape poo poo "blah blah blah. This is enlisted business. Stay out of it. This isn't your place. Blah blah blah. Lot's of profanity." So after explaining to him that, while I was only a staff officer, and he was the CMC, I was still an officer, and his tone was not appropriate, he left my office, again telling me to stay out of enlisted affairs. So I called all the over-eager first tour JAGs who were handling these alleged "non-support" claims on behalf of the crazies from their various legal assistance commands...and the crazies who were unrepresented...and told them all that their new POC for this issue was the CMC and they should direct all calls to him from now on. About 30 minutes (and no less than 6 calls from overzealous 25 year old lawyers) later, the CMC came back into my office and recognized that perhaps legal was the best place to handle this particular issue, and perhaps staff corps have their uses. He wasn't a bad guy, all in all...he just needed to learn to slow down and observe a little bit before deciding what needed to be fixed. We weren't the only shop to have that issue with him.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

where's my award for avoiding every Navy ball through my whole enlistment

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Christoff posted:

Money in your pocket.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Christoff posted:

Oh come on...navy ball isn't so bad...it's like prom, but everyone is 20 lbs heavier and has tit tattoos.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I do love gawking at all the fat wives. Thankfully usually the tickets are free or at least pretty cheap thanks to bake sales and car washes. But you still need those dumb mini medals (not sure what the official requirement is but here it was mini medals) which can be expensive plus buying a dress for your wife/misses who is increasingly getting fat

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Happy Navy birthday from the forum's favorite noble. Everyone write yourself up for a NAM.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Christoff posted:

But you still need those dumb mini medals (not sure what the official requirement is but here it was mini medals) which can be expensive plus buying a dress for your wife/misses who is increasingly getting fat

Haven't been to a formal occasion where mini-medals and/or Mess Dress was the uniform except for the O-6s/E-9s/'hard-chargers'. I don't even want to think of pricing out full or mini medals.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nick Soapdish posted:

Haven't been to a formal occasion where mini-medals and/or Mess Dress was the uniform except for the O-6s/E-9s/'hard-chargers'. I don't even want to think of pricing out full or mini medals.

Mini's were loving expensive.
I thought about having a set made for a ball once, but they were over 100 bux for my paltry medal collection.

Anytime I went to a ball, regular medals were good enough, and they were marginally cheaper to have made up if I remember correctly.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hah, mini medals aside don't forget about the mini warfare devices! :downs:

This one chow hall MAA or whatever the gently caress they called him I forgot on ship cracked me up because he had his little mini warfare devices on his chow hall MAA polo

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Christoff posted:

This one chow hall MAA or whatever the gently caress they called him I forgot on ship cracked me up because he had his little mini warfare devices on his chow hall MAA polo

Only the best (most expendable to the division) and brightest (mouth breathers) can properly police the Big Deck mess decks.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The best part is I assume it's like an IA deployment where they only send their shittiest people to do said job so they can get rid of them for a bit

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

Christoff posted:

The best part is I assume it's like an IA deployment where they only send their shittiest people to do said job so they can get rid of them for a bit

ER09

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?

"Captain we have no idea why the DCPOs failed the 3M cert, only our best people can serve as DCPOs! And we make it easy for them because they're not allowed to participate in their divisions at all. In no way does this incentivize divisional leadership to send us the bottom of the barrel!"

S2 recently tried to require that the MDMAA be an EP sailor. This was so well received that there is currently no MDMAA and chaos reigns on the messdecks.

TsarAleksi fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 13, 2014

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Edit: Meant chaplain talk for the drunk thread I think

bengy81 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 14, 2014

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Christoff posted:

Hah, mini medals aside don't forget about the mini warfare devices! :downs:

I liked our one recently promoted 3rd class who drew his crow with a sharpie on his little paper food service hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Well was he like being ironic or? Because I feel like that's something I'd do as a joke

Is there some kind of tag my SA username gets for being a Navy dude that never cranked?

Gotta give credit to those that draw funny things on their paper hat though

• Locked thread