Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Major Minor posted:

Haha, fair enough, that came across pretty bad. I've spent the past few years putting together an EOD package, I spent time with the community and fell in love and let my self get pretty single tracked. Made it to the final round of interviews and everything so it hurt to not get picked up but after spending sometime feeling sorry for myself and talking it over I realize that aviation will provide me a lot of great opportunities and I want to make the most of it.

And by "make the most of" you mean "make the most per diem"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

buttplug posted:

I got asked what the designation was for a hot LZ (landing zone) for a helo during Vietnam on my SWO board.
was a lookup, I had no idea...and guess what? I don't remember what it was. That's how important it was.

I never ask people lame-rear end "stump the chump" questions like that on boards. I ask abstract poo poo that requires you to actually use your brain because I want to see how a person thinks/reasons their way through a problem (especially with incomplete information), not whether or not you can regurgitate useless loving Jeopardy trivia.

They asked me about official Navy dining etiquette. I just gave a long blank stare.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
The only good "trivia" question on our boards was "how many steam fire pumps does the ship have?"
The ship was built with four of them. They were replaced with electric pumps in like 1990. If you answer anything but zero, it means you never actually went down to the engineering spaces to look at the equipment and got all your stuff from the old gouge books.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Gecnan posted:

Y'all here about the ships stuck in PI?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/10/marine-held-in-death-of-transgender-in-the-philippines/

Edit: beaten by the Marines thread.
No liberty in seventh fleet for the next year.

lol marines
"my options are a) have a funny story to tell people b) enjoy a new experience that I really wasn't secretly hoping for really or c) spend 25 to life for murder"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ActusRhesus posted:

Hooker and Flanker. What team? I was in Bremerton for a bit circa 2005.

Rugby's fun as hell, or at least was until it crippled me.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Sir Lucius posted:

Guys, let me know if you're in the orange stress zone

I don't think nukes are in "orange" until at least two months after discharge.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Schlabbalabba posted:

Are the forums NMCI blocked? I've never tried.

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pandasmores posted:

What's the process in reporting something that's been going on and people are just sweeping it under the rug/some people higher up that know about it are avoiding bringing it up because this place is a political cesspool?

Evan Williams.

• Locked thread