Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

N4I, I think it'd be fine if we skipped the month of October. Let's just kind of chill out and post about video games and drinking instead of FY15 contracting actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

AF October 2014: You're All Fired

Endormoon
Mar 30, 2004
Terminal leave all month long. The good life finally caught up with me.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Endormoon posted:

Terminal leave all month long. The good life finally caught up with me.

This isn't the October AF thread. Please. I'll start talking about how bullshit it is that my business manager can't get reimbursable authority for more than a year at a time so it can't cross fiscal years if you let me.

Mods.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

reimbursable authority

trigger warning this poo poo please

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
So I kinda forgot about this when I made the dickbook cause I figured someone would notice it but no one ever did. If you look at the special thanks page with the black and white background you can sort of make out an outline of what is most assuredly a picture of my dick. So yeah, dicks.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Im drunk i korea and i think this is the only meaningful thing i have done in my career

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

HAR HAR this is the October thread now, let's talk about doctrine :suicide:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Really disappointed in the lack of a thread referencing the fiscal year. Back when I was on active duty

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
So what unnecessary crap did everybody spend fallout money on?

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Lazy Reservist posted:

That's what I miss about active duty. I could really use another pair of Oakley's. Both of mine are kinda scratched up.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
I think I just ended my AF career by turning down a job in a pretty blunt way. Coincidentally, I do not feel bad about this one bit, which is a weird feeling to have. I'm going to be a line IP until further notice which is a great thing.

xaarman fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 3, 2014

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Niiice. I told our FTU in no uncertain terms what I thought about them wanting me to PCA there. I guess it worked because they stopped pushing.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Already with the acronyms and dumb work related poo poo. gently caress the air force and gently caress you guys. You killed another thread.

Hang all nobles

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

They advertised a Wing Life Support Officer, so I put in for it. When meeting with the OSS Commander, he was detailing that it was going to be the Wing LSO, The Functional Area Oversight of the Life Support/Aircrew Flight Equipment Contract ...and the Chief of Wing Programming. He told me my expected flight schedule (none) then when I was visibly unpleased, told me what a great high-vis opportunity it is. I told him I did not care, and am not interested in Wing Programming.

Que a few more meetings with Commanders, and I'm going to finish my current job (Student Flight Commander) and go back to being a Line IP with the understanding that I'll ride out my Majors board then separate.

I'm actually kind of excited about this, but find it hard to believe they will let a prior-MWS IP do nothing but fly the line for 2+ years.

xaarman fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 3, 2014

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't think anyone cares.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

It was for the adults in the room.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

smertrioslol posted:

Hang all nobles

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

xaarman posted:

They advertised a Wing Life Support Officer, so I put in for it. When meeting with the OSS Commander, he was detailing that it was going to be the Wing LSO, The Functional Area Oversight of the Life Support/Aircrew Flight Equipment Contract ...and the Chief of Wing Programming. He told me my expected flight schedule (none) then when I was visibly unpleased, told me what a great high-vis opportunity it is. I told him I did not care, and am not interested in Wing Programming.

Que a few more meetings with Commanders, and I'm going to finish my current job (Student Flight Commander) and go back to being a Line IP with the understanding that I'll ride out my Majors board then separate.

I'm actually kind of excited about this, but find it hard to believe they will let a prior-MWS IP do nothing but fly the line for 2+ years.

Eh, you won't be in a bad place when you separate, plus yeah, 2 years of flying and otherwise coming in to check email, pretty chill

Dick move with that wing programming thing though!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Get that masters going if you haven't yet. Use TA, not the GI Bill.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

I'm three classes away from graduating from OU. One of the (several) reasons I rejected that job is he told me I'd potentially have to delay finishing my Masters. All on TA, Post 9/11 untouched.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

We raised you good.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Someone tell me something about working comm for NATO HQ AIRCOM in Ramstein. I don't know what to expect aside from drinking a lot of good beers.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

dscruffy1 posted:

Someone tell me something about working comm for NATO HQ AIRCOM in Ramstein. I don't know what to expect aside from drinking a lot of good beers.

You any good at board games?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

HAR HAR this is the October thread now, let's talk about doctrine :suicide:

I should have loving known this would happen. Thanks for nothing, N4I.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Lazy Reservist posted:

I walked in after lunch earlier this week to see a massive pile of toner on someone's desk. Like almost touching the ceiling massive.

dscruffy1 posted:

It has the word "NATO" in it so I fully expect it entails lots of beer drinking, taking 3 hour lunches, and getting lots of three day weekends.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I should have loving known this would happen. Thanks for nothing, N4I.
THIS IS BEYOND YOUR CONTROL NOW
LET'S TALK ABOUT AFIs

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

xaarman posted:

hey, at least they were pushing you for something. i was never even asked the question. luckily i have a few scams that im running in the background that may yet bear fruit.

im a pretty shady officer tbqh

TheOtherGypsy
Apr 6, 2004
I heard my name and exec together in a sentence, so I volunteered for the next possible deployment that my DAV81 allowed.

Back to the Deid in a month.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Rekinom posted:

Tell me when you get to the point that you're running a brother, out of your office.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Rekinom posted:

hey, at least they were pushing you for something. i was never even asked the question. luckily i have a few scams that im running in the background that may yet bear fruit.

Wiping your poo poo stained dick on an airman's EPR when you get done painting his colon isn't shady. Its just what officers do.

Burn in hell Nobel Noble.

Edit: Dsylexia is a crippling disability.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 4, 2014

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

The offer was left to do another Flight CC gig -> ADO, but I told them let's reevaluate that in six months.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Burn in hell Nobel.

the irony

xaarman fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 4, 2014

PicnicBasket
Mar 21, 2010

Lazy Reservist posted:

Desks, webcams, and carpet for every room in a large building hosting 5 units. Only one unit contributed funds.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Wiping your poo poo stained dick on an airman's EPR when you get done painting his colon isn't shady. Its just what officers do.

They don't let me write EPR's, otherwise I would just give firewall 5's and just leave the rest blank because who loving cares.

Super would be like "this guy is on trial for murder, mark him down" and i'd be like "gtfo bitch".

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Worse than normal Air Force, well done.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Don't fess up to that on paper. It's PTSD or TMI or sleep apnea or whatever's on the approved list. You don't get disability for genetic defects that you "forgot" to mention at the MEPS.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Once page in and we couldn't manage not to say E*R. Well, there's always November.

In a related note, five liters of Paulaner Oktoberfest beer in three and a half hours is a loving killer. It's not as bad as the year before last when I was blind drunk getting steered through the crowd by my buddy with his hand on my shoulder. I trip on something my own drunk feet, stumble forward and accidentally headbutt some girl walking the opposite way full on in her face. My buddy, being a good buddy, simply pushes me quickly away into the crowd and we go eat some delicious loving chicken and pass out in the grass by noon.

I never want to leave Germany.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Rekinom posted:

They don't let me write EPR's, otherwise I would just give firewall 5's and just leave the rest blank because who loving cares.

Super would be like "this guy is on trial for murder, mark him down" and i'd be like "gtfo bitch".

They were written by your sergeant but didn't an officer have to sign off on it?

Ceiling fan posted:

Don't fess up to that on paper. It's PTSD or TMI or sleep apnea or whatever's on the approved list. You don't get disability for genetic defects that you "forgot" to mention at the MEPS.

Or you could realize it was a joke.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Or you could realize it was a joke.

Good, good. That's just what you want to say when N4I assembles the board. Don't worry, I'll totally back you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's impressive when you fucks can ruin a thread more than doctrine/paperwork chat.

• Locked thread