Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

I do not care about anyone in this picture.

-----

TNA can't keep their storylines straight. So lets just sum up what happened on the last episode.

- Austin Aries is a big doofus and decided to cash in on the X-Division title instead of the World Title. Why? Because TNA, thats why.

- He lost, btw. This makes Austin Aries quite possibly one of the dumbest men in wrestling right now.

- EC3 and Spud are going to break up. RIP. :(

- MORE CHRIS MELENDEZ STUFF. I'm sure in a few weeks, TNA will release him, and they'll get a bunch of bad PR again.

- Wolves/3D/Hardys promo. I actually like how this feud sounds on paper.

- THE STORM FAMILY. Totally not a ripoff of the Wyatt Family. No sir.

- Manik defeated Shark Boy. Who is chubby now.

- MVP defeated Ken Anderson with Chris at ringside. No one cared.

- Roode came out and then asked for a rematch with Big Bobby. Lashley may have accepted but MVP said no and he's totally the boss still.

- Havok, a terrible wrestler, beat Gail Kim for the TNA title.

-----

That is all of TNA's feuds for this month, so have a picture of their latest arena instead:

Daniel Bryan posted:

just because this needs to be documented

------

I WAS NOT PAID FOR THIS FOURDOWN PLUG. PLEASE CLICK THE LINK AND MAKE CLETUS HAPPY.

ALSO BUY THE NEW DEATH OF WCW BOOK. THEN REPLACE EVERY INSTANCE OF WCW WITH TNA.

------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yes I know the title image in the OP is out of date. But blame TNA for not updating their website!!!!!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So for the new thread. The Death of WCW has been changed so the dedication is not to Hunter and Steph, but rather Bob and Dixie. And basically ends with 15 pages of listing the stupid poo poo TNA has done (I.E. not learned from the death of WCW)

I highly recommend people get the book.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Where would I be able to buy it in the UK?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Who do you think will be the final Wolrd Champion in TNA? By money is on Jinder Mahal winning the title in his very first TNA match on the final show.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Let's hope they choose to return to their roots and bring back Ken Shamrock

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rhonne posted:

Who do you think will be the final Wolrd Champion in TNA? By money is on Jinder Mahal winning the title in his very first TNA match on the final show.

In a complete surprise the third coming of Big Bobby Lashley will take the title via run-in in the final match of the night. He will end the show by calling the entire audience a bunch of bath turds.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Is Sharkboy still played by Stone Cold?

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

Where would I be able to buy it in the UK?

It's available on UK Amazon!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What happened to Willow? Did he get released as well?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Nah he retired to run an orphanage in Halloween Town

hardcoremark
May 6, 2009

Genetic Toaster posted:

It's available on UK Amazon!

You can also get it on Kindle and Google play. Hardback isn't out until November though.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Wow, the one thing you could say about TNA is that they at least had better production values than ROH. Those recent photos are SAD

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Is Sharkboy still played by Stone Cold?

If Stone Cold put on 50 lbs of fat, sure.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

If Stone Cold put on 50 lbs of fat, sure.

IPA's are a hell of a drug.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gonzo McFee posted:

IPA's are a hell of a drug.

International Phonetic Alphabet is a drug now?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Since when did Havok become a terrible wrestler? She's always been solid to great on the indies.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
TNA doesn't have very good agents at the moment.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

Since when did Havok become a terrible wrestler? She's always been solid to great on the indies.

Always viewed her as wildly inconsistent. She does have the capacity to be really bad at times.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Observer says TNA and Jeff Jarrett are both in talks to try to get a weekly show with the few networks that will do wrestling, so TNA booting Spike off would theoretically make it harder for Jeff Jarrett to get a GFW TV show.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
1,097,000 viewers for last night's show. Somehow much better than I expected.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!
Putting 'tna crowd attendance' into google image search is really depressing.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014
I'm actually mega excited for Havok to have the Knockouts Title. She's loving terrifying looking, first off. I like what I've seen of her in-ring, so far in TNA, and what I've looked up on the indies. She's also not booked as being hella sexy, which is really loving refreshing.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Qoey posted:

I'm actually mega excited for Havok to have the Knockouts Title. She's loving terrifying looking, first off. I like what I've seen of her in-ring, so far in TNA, and what I've looked up on the indies. She's also not booked as being hella sexy, which is really loving refreshing.

She drops it almost immediately to Taryn Terrel.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 3, 2014

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Testekill posted:

She drops it almost immediately to Taryn Terrel.

God drat it

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I've never seen a bad Havok match where Havok was at all to blame. She fought Alpha Female at WSU in a nice brawl, so she can wrestle people her size too. I'm actually eager to see her match from SHIMMER with Madison Eagles, who is a 6'1" German suplex technician from Australia.

If you want "wildly inconsistent," I would recommend watching some Christina Von Eerie. If CVE's in a match that starts getting out of sync, she shuts down and the match goes off the loving rails. I don't know what goes through that woman's head.

Cory Lidle fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 3, 2014

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cory Lidle posted:

I don't know what goes through that woman's head.
Hair dye and punk music?

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

ColeM posted:

Putting 'tna crowd attendance' into google image search is really depressing.

No it's not, it's really loving funny.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNA have been a year without the Hulkster. A year ago today Hogan quit on iMPACT! with the owner of the company clinging to his leg begging him not to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhQT7hBod20

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Cory Lidle posted:

I've never seen a bad Havok match where Havok was at all to blame. She fought Alpha Female at WSU in a nice brawl, so she can wrestle people her size too. I'm actually eager to see her match from SHIMMER with Madison Eagles, who is a 6'1" German suplex technician from Australia.

Thing is, TNA have some of the worst agents that I've ever seen. Someone can be good but still be made to look average if the agents can't put a decent match together.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Qoey posted:

TNA has no one for her to work with outside of Gail, and Gail is on the shelf. Havok is facing Velvet drat Sky at BFG.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

maxallen posted:

This is your reminder that AJ Styles vs. a nobody in the middle of bumfuck nowhere managed to draw larger crowds than TNA could despite having AJ + people fans have actually heard of + a national television program that, for all we laugh at how awful it has been, averages about a million viewers a week.

This is your reminder that Hoodslam, which I'm still not entirely convinced is actually real, draws significantly larger crowds than TNA.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cory Lidle posted:

If you want "wildly inconsistent," I would recommend watching some Christina Von Eerie. If CVE's in a match that starts getting out of sync, she shuts down and the match goes off the loving rails. I don't know what goes through that woman's head.

CVE had a match with upcoming standout Leva Bates and they took a bad spill to the outside. Match immediately fell apart and they settled on a halfass finish. Leva looked insanely pissed. This was back on a SHINE iPPV.

Same deal with Havok, give her an opponent that can work and not ticklebutt in the ring and you get a great match. The problem with TNA is their roster is skeleton thin and especially hurting for women talent.

coconono fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 3, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I am pretty steadfast in my opinion of Havok's work. She is lot like her other half Solomon Crowe. Without overstating it she can have the best and worst match on two separate shows. I dislike defining her or any woman by whom she is seeing but it is true.

Also Scott D'More agented the Gail Kim and Awesome Kong series and wasn't involved here.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I don't care if you change your mind, I just don't want people that are just learning about Havok to give any special weight to your opinion. You're very much in the minority.

Speaking of Leva Bates, I think the best match I've ever seen from her was against Havok in SHIMMER. Leva really benefits from having a good catcher. If you want to see someone hit a sweet La Mistica while cosplaying as Solid Snake, I'd check it out.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cory Lidle posted:

I don't care if you change your mind, I just don't want people that are just learning about Havok to give any special weight to your opinion. You're very much in the minority.

I like Havok personally. I hope for her own sake she can make a decent living in Wrestling. Rarely her Indie ring work surpassed her pre-match presentation in my opinion. People can make their own minds up.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

maxallen posted:

I mean its depressing to see those pics and dixie says to herself everyday 'i run a great wrestling company!' And she believes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why isn't anyone talking about TNA's new tv deal?

• Locked thread