Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

oatgan posted:

Ethan Carter the Third is wrestling Ryoto Hama at Bound for Glory

Will it surpass this Tna Classic http://youtu.be/kEJaqA_HgO0?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
*Awaits for this tweet to become extremely insensitive*

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Maybe the company will just blow the gently caress away.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

That's really mean of her.

She mixed up Chris Hero and James Storm.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Love that TNA couldn't be bothered to update their Bound for Glory website.

http://www.tnabfg.com/

This is the first result in Google for "TNA Bound for Glory". LIVE ON PPV TONIGHT!!!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

cletus42o posted:

This is the first result in Google for "TNA Bound for Glory". LIVE ON PPV TONIGHT!!!

lmao

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Bryan Alvarez speculates that Spike is not paying them for the shows they're airing right now. If true, that's really bad for them.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gaz-L posted:

He was kinda right. That period is when I first saw TNA on a regular basis, and it actually gave me hope, for like a year.

Oh yeah I wasn't laughing in that he was wrong. It's just like... oh Bryan, you don't even know what you're in for once TNA is on Spike TV.

Edit: ^^^ I was actually wondering that myself... it seemed to have such a crazy nosedive in quality while they're still on Spike, I thought they'd try to keep appearances up if they still had income.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

cletus42o posted:

Hahahaha.

Someone post this to TNA Mecca or whatever delusional TNA website is out there.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

Bryan Alvarez speculates that Spike is not paying them for the shows they're airing right now. If true, that's really bad for them.

Based on what information? As dumbfuck as this company is, what sort of arrangement could they have in which Spike is getting programming for free?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Daniel Bryan posted:

It would make sense. The original deal is finished and Spike is just letting them run out the year as a goodwill gesture, right?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

flashy_mcflash posted:

Based on what information? As dumbfuck as this company is, what sort of arrangement could they have in which Spike is getting programming for free?

Because their deal expired and TNA would rather not be off TV?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

Because their deal expired and TNA would rather not be off TV?

Right but the more reasonable assumption is that they're being paid week-to-week, not doing shows pro bono. Spike is still making money off them with ad sales.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's a wrestling tradition. You give away the TV and make your real money on the PPV- I mean on the house shows- I mean, uh...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Right but the more reasonable assumption is that they're being paid week-to-week, not doing shows pro bono. Spike is still making money off them with ad sales.

This is programming Spike doesn't want. They make so little ad money from TNA that it wouldn't shock me if they were willing to give them two extra months but weren't willing to pay. TNA has no leverage in this situation. Bryan could easily be wrong, but it's not a crazy thought.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

MassRafTer posted:

This is programming Spike doesn't want. They make so little ad money from TNA that it wouldn't shock me if they were willing to give them two extra months but weren't willing to pay. TNA has no leverage in this situation. Bryan could easily be wrong, but it's not a crazy thought.

Yeah, it would make them way less desirable to a new network if they weren't already on one I assume, which goes against their goal of still existing in some form on another network.

Then again, according to this week's Observer, the networks know that Spike canceled them (despite TNA claiming to still be in negotiations) already and it's working against them.

If they survive past January, they're lucky.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

TNA filmed weeks and weeks in advance in the course of a few days - the most low cost way possible. TNA runs out of footage well before the 31st December. When they do they are sending Best Of tapes to SPIKE. They are prostituting their biggest show of the year this weekend as running Japan apparently won't cost them much money.

SPIKE doesn't want to be the bad guys here and TNA getting a new TV deal is likely based on being perceived as an ongoing enterprise.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

rovert posted:

SPIKE doesn't want to be the bad guys here and TNA getting a new TV deal is likely based on being perceived as an ongoing enterprise.
The problem for them being I guess that either someone talked, or the networks actually read the dirtsheets and assign more credibility to them (as the trade magazine of wrestling, however badly networks may think of wrestling) than to TNA itself, then... though I've heard that TNA is perceived negatively more because of being dropped despite regularly pulling in around a million viewers weekly.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's a wrestling tradition. You give away the TV and make your real money on the PPV- I mean on the house shows- I mean, uh...

Merch leftover from when Hogan, Sting, and Styles were still with the company.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

This is like Office Space.

We just stopped the checks. It will work itself out.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Maxwell Lord posted:

Didn't one territory or another actually PAY for their TV time? I swear I read that the AWA or someone paid a network to get on TV to try and fight back against Vince.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Vince was one of those who did a ton of it way back when IIRC

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Daniel Bryan posted:

You know I think you're right, that's what I was thinking of. Vince just paid a bunch of networks to get on TV so he could flood the market.

Anyway it's old timey wrasslin and a totally different TV market, but I could see Dixie watching some WWE documentary and getting the bright idea to pay to stay on Spike after seeing that Vince did it in the early 80s or whenever.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I think Death of WCW said Vince paid to get on TV to drive down the market. WWF could survive without getting paid for television in various parts of the country, but the territories he would get into couldn't.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Dixie tweeted this

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Are crappy photoshops allowed in the pictures thread if they're official?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

Dixie tweeted this

Goddamn, Dixie is the worst.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

This is your monthly reminder that Dixie Carter has a background in public relations.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

rovert posted:

*Awaits for this tweet to become extremely insensitive*

Hey, it happened!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Dixie tweeted this
If this was made by a goon I'd empty quote it but someone in dixie's position probably shouldn't do that.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

You know if you're the public face of a company who is trying to get a new tv deal this is probably not the sort of thing you should be doing.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

We should send this to every rumored station that might sign TNA to a deal. :v:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tweet deleted.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!
If TNA had been in better shape financially, they could've taken this golden opportunity to bring in Shane Helms as "The HurricaneTyphoon".

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Skinty McEdger posted:

This is your monthly reminder that Dixie Carter has a background in public relations.

This fact never ceases to amaze me.

But honestly it makes sense if you look at it that her "background in PR", is her having a cushy daddy-sponsored job at some PR firm or other, yet being so so bad at it that not even Panda money could keep her employed, and the firm was forced to sack her. Which forced Dixie to find other ways to waste her families money.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Here it is in full.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Testekill posted:

Here it is in full.

quote:

The potent typhoon, which has winds of 132 mph, will bring life-threatening conditions to Japan over the course of the next few days, according to AccuWeather.

Real classy, Dixie.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Testekill posted:

Here it is in full.

Too many RTs to be real. You can't fool me.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Didn't TNA pay for the FSN slot they had as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Too many RTs to be real. You can't fool me.

Most of them were people horrified she'd post that or making fun of her for being dumb enough to post that.

• Locked thread