Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Qoey posted:

I'm actually mega excited for Havok to have the Knockouts Title. She's loving terrifying looking, first off. I like what I've seen of her in-ring, so far in TNA, and what I've looked up on the indies. She's also not booked as being hella sexy, which is really loving refreshing.

TNA has no one for her to work with outside of Gail, and Gail is on the shelf. Havok is facing Velvet drat Sky at BFG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"All I want is top-notch wrestling action (like the Dudleys vs Tommy Dreamer and Havok vs ring general Velvet Sky)"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I could put this in the stupid comments thread but let's try to get this one goldmined

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

Ethan Carter the Third is wrestling Ryoto Hama at Bound for Glory

I'm assuming Hama is as bad as he looks? I know literally nothing about him.

e: that fucker is a year older than me? what the christ?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

Bryan Alvarez speculates that Spike is not paying them for the shows they're airing right now. If true, that's really bad for them.

Based on what information? As dumbfuck as this company is, what sort of arrangement could they have in which Spike is getting programming for free?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

Because their deal expired and TNA would rather not be off TV?

Right but the more reasonable assumption is that they're being paid week-to-week, not doing shows pro bono. Spike is still making money off them with ad sales.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Finally watching Bound For Glory and it's basically the best One Night Only PPV they've ever done. I like the 3/4 view hard cam a lot and EC3 is great. The idea of buying this for $55 is absurd but it's not as much of a waste of time as I was expecting!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

maxallen posted:

That's entirely the wrong motivation! Why would TNA want to hire someone like THAT?

Everyone knows if you want to be a player in TNA, you have to play hard to get.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If you look closely you can also see a fan holding the screaming, disembodied head of a young Jim Neidhart. I love everything about that picture.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I know that finding stupid things on TNAShop.com is punching down in the same way that finding stupid people on TNAMecca.com is, but I love doing the latter so why not the former?

http://shoptna.com/tna-silly-bands.aspx

Rubber bands. They're trying to sell me promotional rubber bands.

http://shoptna.com/velvet-sky-skelebrities-limited-edition-lithograph.aspx

A half-finished picture of a dead Velvet Sky pulling her shirt up to reveal that she's a ghost.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 20, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I wish these ghost pictures were cheaper because everyone would be getting them for Secret Santa.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They're still selling RVD merchandise while he's working for WWE? I can't tell whether or not I'm surprised.

Look at the shopTNA page, it's a bonanza of released talent or people that quit. They are selling scads of Sting merch and did an elaborate ad for a Sting DVD as recently as the last Impact show.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Endorph posted:

francis chung likes that guitar so much he reviewed it twice

My favorite is the Jeff Hardy coloring book.

Is there any child that wouldn't require years of therapy after seeing some of these pages?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

this doesn't seem right...

It's possible and even probable that WWE offered him a schedule they know he'd turn down so they don't have to keep avoiding his calls. Or do you mean it doesn't seem right that he'd turn it down?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

At this point even Nathan Favel's offer has to be looking good. Go for it, TNA.

The Biggest Mark posted:

My name is Nathan Favel and I'm writing this thread to because I've decided to undertake a bold and potential foolhardy venture... I set up an Indiegogo campaign to buy TNA Wrestling. Yes, THAT one. I made this decision about a week or so ago when I realized that things are not going to change by Dixie's own choice. So, I wrote down the plan I've been cultivating for about six years and put it on Indiegogo for a sixty-day funding run. Here it is below:

The goal I set is for $5 million. Yeah, its a high price. However, think of it like this: If 200,000 people each contributed $100, then I'd have $20 million. Even if I only get half of that, that's more than enough to make a good offer.

I'm going to put out a wrestling product that focuses on the action, not the soap opera bullshit that Vince pukes up on a regular basis. No horseshit marathon promos in the ring, no hitting your cue for a beat down and no announcers f***ing guffawing endlessly. I want two men to get in the ring and wrestle for a set period of time, cut a quick post-match promo and get the f*** out of there. I'm tired of hearing about how wrestling is the eternal battle between good and evil. Bullshit. It's about two tough f***ers whooping each others asses for money and glory. That's the f***ing story, not the Undertaker's f***ing urn being stolen every three years. You bring in good/evil when a given match-up loses it's drawing power. That's it. So, in a nutshell, expect the UFC, but with longer time limits and better talkers.

My second goal is to purchase the NWA brand, as it can cut through all the malarkey that the past twenty years has brought us. People still talk about the NWA and still want it to return. Quite frankly, you could probably persuade a number of wrestling fans to ditch the WWE altogether if you produce the right content with the NWA brand. It's worth the purchase and worth the effort. By the way, I'd implement the BIG GOLD BELT (or something close to it, barring legal problems), as the title, so don't worry about any goofy f***ing title designs.

As far a the main roster goes, the best people will be picked and put on Spike. That's all there is to it. I'd love to put everyone on there, but there isn't enough room and the likelihood that everyone would get over is just non-existent. I'd shorten the shows down to just one: TNA iMPACT. The house shows don't f***ing draw, so quit shoving them down everyone's throats. Just put your energy into the live iMPACT broadcast and make that the biggest success possible. I'd also take iMPACT around the world, as America has made it clear that it's interest is minimal at this point. Work the major American markets and go out to foreign markets the other three. It will cost a bit more with transportation, but you'll make more money with attendance and merchandising.

However, the many who are left off the main roster will have a home in a second promotion that will run in India. India is an open market that does favor Vince, but is virtually untapped by the entire wrestling world when it comes to live shows. With the best indy wrestlers working with the top WWE departees, you could draw excellent numbers in India. I'd split it into four singles divisions that will have the following names: INTERNATIONAL, INTERCONTINENTAL, GLOBAL and WORLDWIDE. You can run four shows a week in that market and that will give each wrestler one match a week, which avoids overworking them.

I haven't forgotten about the tag teams, as I plan on setting up a tag team promotion that will emanate from England. They're the only market that I know of that TNA is number one in, so they will be the most receptive to a new concept like this. There are a number of great teams that are wasted by the mainstream and I say that there loss is our gain. Work one show a week with all of these top tier teams and you'll make enough money to gain a nice profit.

I'd start up a women's promotion that will run all markets as female fighting, fake or real, is starting to get its due. The women can draw their share of the money for the promotions greater good, don't worry. Don't believe me? Ask Kurt Angle, because ODB actually outdrew him in 2008, in terms of TV ratings, at least. We'd have our pick of the best women in the world, as Vince is too busy picking eye candy for his "Diva's" division. Hell, I think we could even get TV clearance on a women's network, as those very networks are in desperate need for programming that doesn't feature women as dumb whores. Our women's promotion could be that saving grace and can actually connect with women and men all over the world.

My loftier goals would be to start up a developmental promotion in Las Vegas for the wrestlers in all divisions who are not ready to be called up, for various reasons. Another goal would be to start up smaller developmental promotions in as many states as possible, but that would come along after a few years at the least. Finally, my favorite goal would be to establish full time weekday cards for every foreign country that TNA airs in, effectively sacrificing the X-Plosion slot that airs for an hour in those countries. All you'd need to do is hire people to run the day to day and you'll have much needed work for all of those foreign wrestlers. Of course, this is much more like charity to some, but the ability to have first pick, in most cases, of the world's top indy talent is something that isn't easily ignored.

PPV's will return to twelve a year, but at only $5 a piece. You'll get an all day ticket with the purchase, as well as the DVD to the event, for free. DVD's will be $5 as well. There's no point in milking people dry just to get a buck. If you give out a good show at a cheap price, then people will buy it.

Working agreements need to be established with every promotion willing to partake. With the reduced, weekday schedule, these typically weekend promotions should be content to work with us, especially when we'll allow them to sell their merchandise at our live events, as well as mention their promotions on our broadcasts with a ticker tape, just like on ESPN.

I'd seek out more TV partners for the programming, but the main option I'd pursue would be internet-streaming sites like Netflix, as they have an unlimited amount of space to air our content at an unlimited rate.

Rather than taking an obscene amount of money for my cut, I'd take $250,000, which would be used to pay for my basic living as well as all of my travel, accommodations and the like. Taxes would be payed on that amount as well, so no f***ing cheating on my part.

Listen, I know I sound like a f***ing psycho-rear end for trying something so large but I'm just f***ing tired of the same poo poo from these promoters. Wrestling isn't going to get fixed by anyone that works in the booker's chair now, so quit waiting for them to make some poo poo happen. If we want wrestling to get better, then we're gonna have to do it the job ourselves
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-great-wrestling-revolution

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Not happening. The negotiations broke down when Bob Carter insisted that Dixie be made a site-wide mod.

Tonight on Dixie's CHANNEL OF DOOM

- Sting vs Jeff Hardy, Victory Road 2011 played on repeat for 6 hours

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

So they finally pulled the trigger on babyface Bobby Roode winning the title...what, four or five years later than they should've?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

At Bound For Glory 2011, babyface Roode, winner of the first ever Bound For Glory series, faced the corpse of heel Kurt Angle for the title, and lost via shenanigans.

The next Impact, James Storm won the title from Angle.

The next week, Roode turned heel, hitting Storm with a beer bottle to win the title.

Roode would lose to the title to Aries, who would serve as a transitional champion to put the belt on Jeff Hardy at Bound For Glory 2012. James Storm's one year hunt for revenge on Roode would also happen at Bound For Glory...in the first hour.

James Storm would beat Roode and AJ Styles a month later to become number one contender, and lose the shot on the next Impact...to Bobby Roode.

It's almost art how close TNA was to doing things right so many times before loving it up.

I remember spending a lot of my time watching wrestling in 2011 with head in hands. TNA was spectacularly loving up, WWE was inserting Nash into the Punk angle...It makes this fall in both companies look like the best of the Attitude Era by comparison.

• Locked thread