Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

e:f,b
A clipshow OP would be fine so long as it's edited well and matches the song. BLAZING didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Man the new episode was absolutely packed with info, UC gets namedropped, there were new suits, and the preview just casually confirmed Bellri and Aida are related...at least distantly. With so little time left I think the Gondwan/Amerian war won't see a resolution, but all the Towasanga stuff is immediately more interesting.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I don't think Bellri really needed to reiterate his desire to not kill people three (was it more?) times, but that's about the extent to which I agree with the Kira comparison. Also, I don't see how the G-Self and its arsenal of largely useless upgrades are more "Mary Sue"-ish than early 00 CB or Gundam Wing.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh my god, they killed Recten!

You Kuntala! :argh:

edit:

Gimme a mo and I'll see if I can clean up the other one as well. And done.

e: asking was redundant, I suppose

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 1, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Man, Bandai better make those coffin bits.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

That kind of thing screams web exclusive.

Web exclusive meaning Japan only/Japan addresses only? Sorry, I'm still new to gunpla stuff.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

TARDISman posted:

Web exclusive means it's exclusive to Bandai's online shop/online shops like GG Infinite, usually at a premium. Usually it's stuff like Strike Rouge Ootori Kira Yamato Colors, but occasionally there's some great stuff like the Moonlight Butterfly set for the HGCC Turn A and the Seraphim Feather stand for the RG Wing Zero Custom.

Ah, thanks. My only worry was it being something that required a buying service, but exclusives just being expensive LEs doesn't sound bad. I just hope G-Reco gets more kits, since there are like five suits I still want aside from the Hecate and already released ones.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Looking at gginfinite's markup, I almost wonder if buying services end up cheaper. Probably something to ask the Gunpla thread if an interesting exclusive shows up.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Cahill reminded me of Sleggar, so I assumed he was in his 20's (probably mid).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Reading that post, I can only assume they're confusing 0080 with 0083 because there's no way it's possible to be that vehemently wrong.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

0083 is the only Gundam show I deleted after watching. I kinda regret not having 24/7 access to Men of Destiny, though.

e: Kou bring a grown adult who's picky about vegetables is the one character trait I remember and loathe him for it.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 23, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

To be fair, after a certain point I forgot they even survive.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

G-Reco didn't shoot to the top of my favorite Gundams list (it's definitely in top 5, tied with others) like for some others, but it's got enough good qualities that the hate is kinda baffling. Some of the best mechanical design in the franchise, dynamic fights, great character animation, several likable and interesting characters (Aida, Klim, Cumpa, etc), and the resolution was both obvious and satisfying. I also really liked the lighter tone and humor in the show.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

I liked G-Reco. I will say that I had to look in this thread more than once because of confusion but it was nice having weekly glimpses at a chill rear end robot show with excellent music. The fact that it looked like Eureka Seven also gave it a lot of points for me.

You should watch Overman King Gainer, if you haven't already. It's another Tomino show with designs by Kenichi Yoshida. It's similar in tone to G-Reco but definitely more understandable and with more good characters.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Grimoire, G-Arcane/Self/Lucifer, Hecate, Z'gocky, Dharma, Dahack, Recten/Recksnow (#1 no contest), Neodu, Armorzagan, Mack Knife, Moran, Gastima, Mazraster, and Gaeon. And apparently I like the Catsith enough to want the kit.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Hecate beam chainsawed missiles and used those adorable missile bits. Both significant enough accomplishments in my book.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Yeah the Bifron sucks. It's basically a fat Hecate and the only cool thing it did was some Shiva arm spinning stuff. I'm also not a big fan of the Wuxia, Zacks, Ten Police suits or the Elmoran. The Gaitrash is a weird one for me because I like some things about it (body, beam cape) and hate others (the head). Also the Kabakali's shinguards suck.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Make a movie trilogy of the series as seen through the eyes of Chuchumy

All the show really needed was a green tinted fisheye lens.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

in an alternate universe where G-Reco is 52 episodes, Mask gets an awesome mid season upgrade:

FOLD KNIFE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dogsicle posted:

for some reason i couldn't find any posts of the G-Reco scratchbuilds in Hobby Japan. Gundamguy posted the Fold Knife but not the other two: Gaitrash and Z'gocky
my copy came today so i made some mediocre scans: http://imgur.com/a/aJh9v

crosspost from the Gunpla thread in case anybody not usually into kits is interested

• Locked thread