Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BucketFoot
Oct 9, 2012
I'm a fairly attractive, charismatic, and sociable guy in my mid-20's blah blah blah... The point is when it's all said and done, I look at "neckbeards" and the typically describable "weird" both on this site and elsewhere and I'm super jealous. They all have, like, real actual friends.

That's something I totally lack. I have zero friends outside of work. I never talk to any of my work friends outside of work. I drive by awkward little groups of people with furry caps on or tails hanging from their belt loop and I get really envious. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on social interaction, yet those guys and gals still have a larger social network than me.

I don't know if this is the right place to put this. I never post. Though I've lurked on and off for about 10 years. Feel free to openly mock me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
same OP. its hard for me being a supreme magnificent gentleman, the true alpha male.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You can be physically attractive and still be a hosed up weirdo op its ok

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
It's really easy to make friends with those people, OP. Just never say anything mean to them or criticize them or gossip about people because they're huge babies about doing fun stuff like that.

BucketFoot
Oct 9, 2012
BetaCrew all the way, bro.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's lonely at the top

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

BucketFoot posted:

I'm a fairly attractive, charismatic, and sociable guy

BucketFoot posted:

I have zero friends

BucketFoot
Oct 9, 2012
^^^^ This guy gets it. ^^^^

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

if you dont haev any friends op you can take some of mine. im usually too busy sperging out to return their clals

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
pretend u dont care about having friends then all of a sudden youll have lots of friends, then u gently caress them

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

mookface posted:

You can be physically attractive and still be a hosed up weirdo op its ok

This.

:smith:

BucketFoot
Oct 9, 2012
^^ Literally having sex with my friends has maybe contributed to my current friendless status.

P.s. BeefThief I will take your friends. can you ship them to Seattle?

p.p.s. I promise not to have sex with them.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
do deadlifts, make friends

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
take bucket off foot,

friends will soon come for bucket. if bucket is blue, they might be walruses.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why do you want friends, why not just one friend. I personally have gotten more out of 1on1 interactions, occasionally 3 people.

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009

Tautologicus posted:

Why do you want friends, why not just one friend. I personally have gotten more out of 1on1 interactions, occasionally 3 people.

happy 1 year anniversary, you goku cucking gay goatman

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rajjoble posted:

happy 1 year anniversary, you goku cucking gay goatman

Oh wow well then today is the day to proudly scream im gay

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You can never be sure if youre getting the point across

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
It's not that hard to grow a neckbeard brah.

BucketFoot
Oct 9, 2012

Tautologicus posted:

Seriously would take one friend. I have my brother, who is awesome and cool. But is autistic and not great at empathy. Also lives an hour away.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

InterFaced posted:

It's not that hard to grow a neckbeard brah.

i'm literally incapable of growing a neckbeard. this is why i'm so successful, popular, and sexually accomplished

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BucketFoot posted:

^^ Literally having sex with my friends has maybe contributed to my current friendless status.

P.s. BeefThief I will take your friends. can you ship them to Seattle?

p.p.s. I promise not to have sex with them.

Next time I go to a mariners game I will pm you and we can hang out and it will appear at a glance that we are friends

fwuh
Jun 22, 2011
meetup.com

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BucketFoot posted:

Seriously would take one friend. I have my brother, who is awesome and cool. But is autistic and not great at empathy. Also lives an hour away.

Just walk up to people you think are cool and assume you relate to them in some way, its not hard unless everyone around you is a total nob

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

you dont have any friends in seattle because you're a Boring 747

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

i am jealous of their warhammer figs and magic card binders

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Im actually terrible, or uninterested in making new friends, never meet anyone i see eye to eye with, but im good at talking to strangers. Its easy. Strangers are up for almost any conversation if you do it right

The trick is to tell them something, dont ask them something, dont put em on the spot. Not talking about picking up chicks , just shooting the poo poo on the street and/or being the crazy guy.

Nothing better than sharing some random laugh with a stranger and walking off and not seeing them again.

the worst thing is fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 3, 2014

BucketFoot
Oct 9, 2012

BeefThief posted:

you dont have any friends in seattle because you're a Boring 747

How dare you.

BucketFoot
Oct 9, 2012

Tautologicus posted:

Im actually terrible, or uninterested in making new friends, never meet anyone i see eye to eye with, but im good at talking to strangers. Its easy. Strangers are up for almost any conversation if you do it right

The trick is to tell them something, dont ask them something, dont put em on the spot. Not talking about picking up chicks , just shooting the poo poo on the street and/or being the crazy guy.

Nothing better than sharing some random laugh with a stranger and walking off and not seeing them again.

No, like, I totally have that poo poo down. I'm not socially introverted or anything. It's the "phone a friend on a Friday night to see if he wants to grab a drink" type of friendship that I don't have. I'm lacking that tight circle of friends that I feel is really sorta common with everyone I see/meet.

BucketFoot
Oct 9, 2012

mookface posted:

Next time I go to a mariners game I will pm you and we can hang out and it will appear at a glance that we are friends

Next season we'll covertly meet and awkwardly shake hands at or near the stadium. It's a date.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BucketFoot posted:

No, like, I totally have that poo poo down. I'm not socially introverted or anything. It's the "phone a friend on a Friday night to see if he wants to grab a drink" type of friendship that I don't have. I'm lacking that tight circle of friends that I feel is really sorta common with everyone I see/meet.

Yea im just saying stuff. Good luck, i have no idea about that, youll figure it out. Just be a cool guy thats down for hanging out. This is making me think of that onion article "area man is somehow bad at hanging out". That isn't you is it?? (Was this meant to be an advice thread? I dont even know)

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

just pretend your not a loser op and you will be swimming in the bitches

http://www.pick-up-artist-forum.com/

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

you should really post a more detailed thread in e/n that gets to the root of the issue...gbs isnt really a 'safe space'. plus it will help put it all in perspective if you just write like theres no tomorrow for a few minutes to an hour

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BucketFoot posted:

I'm a fairly attractive, charismatic, and sociable guy in my mid-20's blah blah blah... The point is when it's all said and done, I look at "neckbeards" and the typically describable "weird" both on this site and elsewhere and I'm super jealous. They all have, like, real actual friends.

That's something I totally lack. I have zero friends outside of work. I never talk to any of my work friends outside of work. I drive by awkward little groups of people with furry caps on or tails hanging from their belt loop and I get really envious. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on social interaction, yet those guys and gals still have a larger social network than me.

I don't know if this is the right place to put this. I never post. Though I've lurked on and off for about 10 years. Feel free to openly mock me.

If you wanna be a furry dude just go ahead a be a furry

BucketFoot
Oct 9, 2012

BeefThief posted:

you should really post a more detailed thread in e/n that gets to the root of the issue...gbs isnt really a 'safe space'. plus it will help put it all in perspective if you just write like theres no tomorrow for a few minutes to an hour

Yeah. OK. I guess I'll do that.

I'm just so nervous about actually *~*~*~posting*~*~*~* I didn't want to post in the wrong place.

BucketFoot
Oct 9, 2012

a creepy colon posted:

If you wanna be a furry dude just go ahead a be a furry

Nah, bro. I went on a blind date with a furry once. That is not my scene. NOT. MY. SCENE.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe your breath is REALLY terrible

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Tautologicus posted:

You're basically the crazy person on the street that approaches people and spews batshit all over them. Hello dear friend. Stop following me home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
go to craigslist op

• Locked thread