Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

So I had a problem with the Serbia file. I just won the Crusade for Jerusalem, and I have a bunch of titles to hand out. My steward offers to help me hand them out. This is a new feature in Charlemagne, so I'm curious and I agree. My steward grabs a bunch of new titles for himself, takes away all my good titles and gives me useless town and church titles and sends my son off to some county where I can't educate him. gently caress. gently caress. loving gently caress gently caress. I deleted the file.

And it's on Ironman, so I couldn't take back the file if I wanted to.

Why would you do an LP on an Ironman game? You're basically just asking for poo poo like that to happen. Save early, save often, and don't overwrite saves. It's not just for point and click adventures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Torrannor posted:

Yeah, just don't ever agree to the AI giving out your titles. I don't even know if they do it better if the characters that ask you have good traits (just, diligent, honest, etc.). But it's just never a good idea and I don't understand why Paradox added this to the game.

The system is basically hosed. I managed to end up giving out titles for my liege at one point, and it was terrible. I just got three choices, "best pick", "second best pick" and "third best pick", with it being completely opaque as to just why these people are the "best" for those titles. Even worse, they don't even "link" the choice to the character so that you can look at their stats beforehand, you just have to go by the name.

And what's even worse, I had absolutely no way to pocket anything for me. What the gently caress, that was the one thing I was looking forward to!

EDIT: Ah, I guess you only get to do that if you're Greedy, Ambitious, Envious, Deceitful or Arbitrary. loving enforced roleplaying based around random chance.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Nov 10, 2014

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Torrannor posted:

Guys, we have one of the very few 7-holding provinces with our capital of Kiev. I believe there are less than a dozen 7-holding provinces in the whole game. But it's a landlocked province, meaning it can never be the capital of a merchant republic. Why do you want to throw that away?

It also will be a strange "polish" republic if our capital is on the coast of the Black Sea.

Edit: I looked it up, here are 14 7-holding provinces out of 1437 in the whole game.

To be quite honest, if you need the likes of 7-holding provinces when playing as a republic, you're doing it wrong. Terribly wrong.

• Locked thread