Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

i was driving around the neighborhood this evening looking for parking, and i was really frustrated at the number of people who park like assholes. then i realized i can't be the only person with this problem, which means that the parking industry is ripe for disruption and all it needs is a rockstar ninja genius like myself to go in and revolutionize it. the idea is simple on the surface but actually pretty difficult to pull off. in fact there's no way any of you plebes can do it which is the only reason im sharing it here without an NDA.

anyway, what if someone built giant robots that patrol neighborhoods in the evening and when they detect cars that are parked sub-optimally, they flip them over and set them on fire. once the firefighters put it out and the towing truck takes away the wreck, BAM! empty parking spot for an actual skilled driver who obviously deserves it more.

at first i thought this might be illegal, but im absolutely certain people would pay for the service which means it can't possibly be illegal right? anyway, i'd appreciate it if you guys didn't disturb me for a few days while i build the MVP (the "minimum viable product" for those of you who are ignorant) and then seek funding from visionary VCs. thanks

p.s. this thread is for brainstorming a product name. i was thinking "flipper" but i think that's a bit too literal. if someone comes up with a good name i'll make them my chief marketing officer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Hi, I'm in college and have stolen your idea and already implemented it. Deal with it. My company is worth $500 billion.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

stick beads in your mom's rear end and rip em out like i'm startin' up a lawnmower

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe putting a little more public money into driver's training and making licensing actually mean something would help but yours is more feasible

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Here's a video of my robot in action.
http://youtu.be/T09iknuzDlw

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im gay

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Is there where post our good start up plans?

Mine is a kickstarter to ban the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Yaos posted:

Here's a video of my robot in action.
http://youtu.be/T09iknuzDlw

not bad for a college student. wanna drop out and join my company as engineer #1? i won't pay you anything but you can have 0.01% equity which is actually pretty good. you would be owning a part of the greatest robotics company of the future. If the company ends up worth $1 trillion, you'd have hundreds of millions

• Locked thread