Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axim
Dec 21, 2004

sheeeeeeeeit
I purchased a new Canon S110 Powershot for times when I don't want to carry my larger DSLR around, but still want good pictures. Its a great camera, and I had it for only a few weeks before my parents went on a trip to Italy and I let them borrow it. They are usually super careful with items, so I was pretty surprised when I received the camera back and noticed some light scuffing on the LCD panel. They offered to replace the camera (since its brand new) but I told them not to worry.

However today while preparing for a trip I'm taking soon, I noticed a hairline scratch across the whole plastic or glass that covers the Ai/AF lamp. I took some pictures and did not notice any issues, but I'm not positive if the autofocus was affected. Does anyone here know whether a small hairline scratch across the lamp cover will affect anything on the camera? It's not noticeable unless the light hits it, but since all this lamp does is shoot light, thats why I'm concerned. The lens itself is fine. Is this an issue or should I not worry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
There's a dedicated photography forum (http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=247) but the short answer to your question is no, there's nothing wrong with it.

Axim
Dec 21, 2004

sheeeeeeeeit

Whirlwind Jones posted:

There's a dedicated photography forum (http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=247) but the short answer to your question is no, there's nothing wrong with it.

Hah, thanks, I knew there was, but I couldn't seem to find it. I'm going to go repost this thread there then. Thank you.

• Locked thread