Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

And with that, I'm out. Don't forget to vote, guys.
Later days, Poison.

Fathis Munk posted:

When you stare into the abyss long enough, you begin to understand neckbeard. :smithicide:
Asset.

OK, so my original intended vote stands. Sorry minifoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
May this bet be in our favor

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Voted. I'm off to not write an essay.

:fist: SNAFU will endure.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah voted too. I guess this remains open until we all voted ? And as long as this is open the no communication rule is still standing ?

SNAFU is still the best team. :colbert:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fathis Munk posted:

I guess this remains open until we all voted ? And as long as this is open the no communication rule is still standing ?

Correct. Straggler(s) know who they are.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah but we could write to each other in our secret SNAFU code.

Speaking of code, what were those number and word code thingys players were posting early in this thread? Did you catch them? Like:

093838 4999203 SNAFU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Allen Wren always has those yeah. No clue what they are.

Some satanic ritual ? Mod bribery ? :colbert:

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

That sounds about right.

C'mon Straggler(s)! Be a cool team person.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Alright. I'll go tally the votes.

Once the votes are read, the decision is final, and that person will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately.

If any of you have a hidden immunity idol and wish to play it, now would be the time to do so.

"..."

Okay. I'll read the votes.

First vote.

That's one vote garthoneeye.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

One vote garthoneeye, one vote Fathis Munk.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

That's two votes garthoneeye, one vote Fathis Munk, two votes remaining.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The first person voted out of Awful Survivor: Goons in Platoons:

With five votes, that's enough; the final vote will remain a mystery.

garthoneeye, please bring me your torch.

It's time for you to go.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

u motherfuckre

:f5:'d hard :v:

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Well, I knew I was going to be in danger early on, but hoped I had done enough to get me out of it. Obviously not. Good Luck guys!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Wupwup!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

garthoneeye posted:

Well, I knew I was going to be in danger early on, but hoped I had done enough to get me out of it. Obviously not. Good Luck guys!
It was fun cheering on a terrible fighting game with you, sir!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Lampsacus posted:

It was fun cheering on a terrible fighting game with you, sir!

SNAFU Saltybet was :krad:

I guess the communication embargo is lifted ?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I think we should wait for mod.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah I was asking that question for propmach. :ohdear:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yep, the thread is free to speak, and you guys are free to head back to camp and blow off some steam.

Next tribal council is FUBAR, at 9pm EST. Pinterest Mom should be around to run it.

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

Very heartfelt. Very inspiring. Truly an astounding display of bullshit. The audience must be riveted.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I have a hard time believing that mister "I don't know anyone and that means they're all going to underestimate me" is truly motivated by a sense of unity and good will.

You're here to win, Garth, you made that much clear in your bio. And that's fine. That's why we're all here.

But tooting about how sociable you've been and how you're trying to form a true team with your most immediate obstacles to victory? You're lying through your teeth, trying to publicly butter people up so you can cruise to victory on their backs.

SNAFU, a vote for Garth is a vote for honesty. Integrity. Willingly admitting that yes, we're definitely totally going to throw each other under the bus if it gets us closer to victory, and that in the mean time, there's no reason to pretend we won't.

Or let him stay on, and count the daggers in his smile.

:drat:

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Craziest first tribal ever

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Will we ever get to see who the last vote was for?

Also, good job, SNAFU. You made the right choice.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Also, good job, SNAFU. You made the right choice.

:wink:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This thread inspired me. I think I know what I'll link to if I get voted off the island.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
That was intense.

garthoneeye, I'm sorry to see you go.

I mean, we never spoke, and we were on different tribes, and I have no idea who you are really as a person, and you don't have an avatar either, but you did say that you'd spend the $75 prize on games, and I respect that decision.

I'd like to think that, whoever wins, he or she will buy a game in honor of the first fallen survivor.

:wistful anime emoticon:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

BloodWulfe posted:

but you did say that you'd spend the $75 prize on games, and I respect that decision.

same

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

FUBAR, welcome to your first tribal council. Behind each of you is a torch; go ahead: grab one and dip it into the fire. In this game, fire represents life, and when your torch goes out, so do your chances of claiming victory and the $75 grand prize.

During tribal council, you will NOT be permitted any outside communication with each other. You may only speak within the confines of the thread. We’re here tonight to have a conversation that will help you decide who you want to vote out of this game.

Similarly, there is to be absolutely no chatter in the thread by anybody from any of the other tribes, nor from any spectators.

Here’s how it’s going to work: I’m going to begin with a question, and since it applies to all of you, you may each make an answer. Beyond the first five responses, I’d like to see you quoting each other in order to speak further. You may veer the thread of conversation as you see fit; the question is intended as a launching point. As the conversation develops, I may interject with more pointed follow-ups.

At the very least, you must make at least one post before your vote will be counted. If your vote is invalid, or if you fail to cast a vote before deadline (10:30pm EST), a penalty vote will be cast against you.

So, let’s get to it.

We saw SNAFU have a very contentious tribal earlier today. Are there any divisions you'd helpfully like to expose to everyone, or has your tribe worked this through more easily?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
We're all nice people and got along great.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

We saw SNAFU have a very contentious tribal earlier today. Are there any divisions you'd helpfully like to expose to everyone, or has your tribe worked this through more easily?

Puntification posted:

We're all nice people and got along great.

This is actually true as far as I can tell. I've had absolutely zero issues with anyone in the tribe and have been spending a lot of time chatting in our tribe doc. Sorry to report there's been no drama!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
hypothetically speaking if my vote was invalid would the mods still post the super sweet blingee I made?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Puntification posted:

hypothetically speaking if my vote was invalid would the mods still post the super sweet blingee I made?

yeah

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pinterest Mom posted:

Well, John, and I hope its OK I call you John because I don't want to get to know anyone too well in this game, I feel like our tribe worked together, not unlike the native tribes of North America, who thrived before the arrival of the white man on their shores. Yes, we more or less all fit into perfect pieces together, like the perfectly shaped edges of a puzzle piece. Wikipedia defines a puzzle piece as such:

quote:

A puzzle is a game, problem, or toy that tests a person's ingenuity. In a puzzle, one is required to put pieces together, in a logical way, in order to arrive at the correct solution of the puzzle. There are different types of puzzles for different ages.

Puzzles are often devised as a form of entertainment but they can also arise from serious mathematical or logistical problems. In such cases, their solution may be a significant contribution to mathematical research.[1]

Solutions of puzzles often require the recognition of patterns and the creation of a particular kind of order. People with a high level of inductive reasoning aptitude may be better at solving such puzzles than others. But puzzles based upon inquiry and discovery may be solved more easily by those with good deduction skills. Deductive reasoning improves with practice.

Some notable creators of puzzles are Sam Loyd, Henry Dudeney, Boris Kordemsky and, more recently, David J. Bodycombe, Will Shortz, Lloyd King, and Martin Gardner.

Much like Sam Loyd, each one of us understands the power of the individual and the greater strength of the unit.

Thanks. Go with God.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
that came out of less than a 'i am john galt' speech than intended oh well

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I like my FUBAR people, we are all terrible at this game but we had fun. Also we totally aren't holding it against Punt that he was the one to make all the terrible betting choices in the challenge.

Not at all.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
My choices was pretty much at random until I realised anime girls never lost.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DaisyDanger posted:

This is actually true as far as I can tell. I've had absolutely zero issues with anyone in the tribe and have been spending a lot of time chatting in our tribe doc. Sorry to report there's been no drama!

That's nice, but someone has to be voted out, and there are only five of you. How are you deciding if each of those four peoples are apparently your best friend?

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Fuzz likes to tell stories about nearly-severed dicks. Never a boring moment in FUBAR chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
well you see the problem with punt is that he is in brasil

this is unforgivable tbqh

• Locked thread