Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I was really looking forward to seeing the raid progress.

This episode broke my heart. Oh well, this Evil Santa subplot looks interesting. The episode of setup still sucks though. I was all hopped up on Mt. Dew and ready for action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ScottyWired posted:

I shuddered at a thought:

Do periods happen in LH? And by extension, pregnancy?

I think in one of those impromptu Q & A sessions the author did on 4chan, he mentioned pregnancy was probably possible but didn't really expand on the thought for obvious "wtf" reasons. Could be talking out of my rear end here, though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cake Attack posted:

http://a.pomf.se/cayqhj.webm

nyanta in the english dub is perhaps too dashing

Please tell me this is real. Oh my God.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hocus Pocus posted:

Where is Rudy? What has he been doing this whole time? What has he been eating? What gear has he found? What have his trials and tribulations been? What is his current internal conflict? Give me the Rundelhaus, Log Horizon season 2, give me all of the Rundelhaus that you've been holding back.

Rudy filler would have made for a better B-Plot this season.

Nice to see Akatsuki get her upgrade on and all, but aside from that all of this felt like "uhhhhhh let's give the ladies something to do...kinda." Princess is not nearly as fun as she was last season, which is a bummer. Oh well, hopefully next episode is the end of it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It gives adventurers more to do, though, so that's nice. Travel the area and quest, or defend your home. It's cool, I think.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kirin in FFXI comes to mind.

*fight four separate bosses, get drops from each to summon thing*

*fight big thing, it summons those same four bosses again*

Well...well drat.:smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Was that a speech on MMO failures or bitcoin?

Either way, gently caress this season. This episode was the worst thing ever; when you eclipse the Akatsuki Pity Party with only ONE CHARACTER, I'm checking out. Goodness gracious, Deen, just stop already.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Srice posted:

This stuff isn't Deen's fault, unless you're talking about the animation quality. The folks involved with directing and writing haven't changed between seasons.

Seriously? What the hell happened? I guess I can see how this idea sounded good on paper, but I am sick and tired of mopey sad times. You can spend an episode licking your wounds without wallowing in depression.

If someone's read the light novels, is this a point in the story where everything is sad and going wrong? Between Akatsuki & co, moon magic and now an entire episode dedicated to one guy's speech about losing, I'm running out of fucks to give.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kyte posted:

I find it very interesting just how polarizing that speech was. Some people resonate with the speech and find it to be one of the best eps, while others find it to be super nerdlord bullshit.

The problem I had with the episode was where it was placed. We had JUST finished wasting time with a subpar Akatsuki subplot, and just when things are getting interesting, we mess with the pace by having a guy rant about why he plays MMOs.

I didn't even finish the episode. The guy's speech could have been awesome, but the whole thing came at the worst possible time and I just wasn't having it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Episode 15 was what I needed. Make Rundel Hause Code the new main character please.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Is it really Rudy that you don't like? I'd argue Rudy is such a non-factor on his own, that it'd be more to say the whole newbie party isn't your thing. Which is fair, since they're not nearly as cool. Rudy is just such a lovable doofus though, I can't resist his charms.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

But he has the griffon, which is a raid item. I think he raids, he just doesn't take the items.

Thought the griffon whistle was a special quest item, not a raid item.

Anywho, I agree that this second season hasn't been as good. Stick to your strengths, and your strength is not generic shonen tropes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sorry I'm complaining about having to hear another stupid pity party in just one season. Akatsuki's was dumb, bard's was dumber, samurai kid's was nice because his story is an interesting one. A cripple sudden regaining his mobility and seeing everything in a different light is infinitely more interesting than "I hope master still thinks I'm useful" and "shucks, I'm nothing compared to my dad."

1/3 on interesting backstories makes for bad viewing. This season is frustrating.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

who needs pacing or content when you have moe?

yum yum just pour more moe down my throat lemme gorge myself on all that loving moe pedo harem stuff

live for this

yes

woo

You know, while I'd normally just nod my head and agree with you, I feel like the 2nd season has somehow been slightly better about that kinda stuff. Akatsuki remains relatively unchanged, but we don't have a repeat of the cake-off, the princess being shown off to adventurers just for funzies, and a lot less of the Minori creepiness to go around. The closest thing we have to standard moe is Tetra, who...well, yeah.

Not saying the show didn't find new ways to make me roll my eyes, mind you, but I at least feel like the show tried that style pandering a little less. Or did it? God, I don't wanna remember.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Decent ending, and it kinda makes me excited for season 3 when it drops in five years.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tea Party member?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm having a problem connecting the two issues. What parts of Log Horizon? Is it the gold loan to buy/sell all the property?

• Locked thread