Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Holy poo poo the quality on those character pictures. Is that what the new season looks like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Toshimo posted:

Unfortunately, yes.

DEEEEEENNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

gently caress me.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I know very little about Japan, but what in this show would piss off the Japanese government? It seems super unoffensive to anyone not living in an actual feudal monarchy.

The extremely right wing sections of Japan are very interesting, to put it mildly.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

XboxPants posted:

Feel like elaborating? If they're anything like the villains in this show that's something I'd wanna hear more about.

I don't know if it has changed recently or why they would get pissed at this show, but there were prominent politicians that sometimes denied Japanese atrocities ever happened, censored textbooks regarding those atrocities, are still very pro-war and xenophobic, or any number of things that would relate them well to the hardest right the American political system has to offer.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

dotJPG posted:

Light novel author gets accused of tax evasion----> Conspiracy orchestrated by Nanjing deniers as revenge for the mmo economics anime

I never said that. There's just some crazy poo poo from the Japanese politicians sometimes, same as everywhere else really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Well good on him for not blowing all that money first thing I guess.

• Locked thread