Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Cucking Mama posted:

lol at this glass house poo poo right here

yeah i don't know how that is debatable, the beatles clearly had a different thing going in the early 60s vs the middle and late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

lol if you don't solely listen to field recordings and the screams of mental asylum inmates

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

e; bollocks

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Whorelord posted:

lol if you don't solely listen to field recordings and the screams of mental asylum inmates

Sorry to break it to you but Nickelback blows.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g_xaVNY9P4

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

ashgromnies posted:

I'm gonna be that guy in every discussion of the beatles who says "theyre a lovely boy band, the exact same as backstreet boys and have no talent"

Boy Band

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
The Beatles are my favorite band for the fact that they probably sorta indirectly caused a lot of good 60's and 70's music to occur

that was good of them thank you very much Beatles :golfclap::britain:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

everything england's ever produced is poo poo, and the beatles are no exception

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
The beatles are proof that music is the highest form of art.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Whorelord posted:

stalaggh is horseshit and you know it

Nekodoshi
Aug 4, 2007

I'm only as smart as the content of my posts.
I once got to see the Beatles tribute band Rain, they did a really good job, had fun visuals and costumes. Spot-on rendition of Imagine (altho my fave song by far is Across the Universe).
Was surprised at the number of teenagers in the3 audience.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

The Beatles suck because their music isn't on any streaming services and I don't own a CD player or hipster turntable.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
YOURE FAVOURITE BAND HAS NO FUTURE, OP !

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
hi my favorite band is the Beatles and my favorite show is The Office. I am the most boring person alive. here's some pics from a mud run I did last weekend #blessed

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

the office is an alright show if you enjoy watching pathetically broken people lead pathetically broken, lonely lives, entirely in deadpan.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

british office was genuinely great

also i'd have to say that people who list coldplay or taylor swift or beyonce as their favorite band/artist are way more bland than people who like the beatles

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
my favorite band is one direction

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
my favorite band is blink 182 and people always look at me like an uncultured philistine dipshit after i say that, but they never paid enough attention to know that mark hoppus writes beautiful lyrics that would make shakespeare swoon.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

icantfindaname posted:

everything england's ever produced is poo poo, and the beatles are no exception

untrue, also didn't you fast in ramamdan despite not being muslim?

that's loving lol

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Berious posted:

my favorite band is one direction

My favorite band is wand erection. They're a wizardcore band who specialize in covering one direction in the style of Danny Elfman.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Dave Concepcion posted:

the beatles are great and ringo actually was a v good drummer
i remember when they isolated just the drum track from a studio recording of one of the gold albums and though the song overall sounded quite nice after studio adjustments you could finally hear ringo cursing quietly to himself as he frequently dropped his drumsticks in the midst of his wild flailing and at one point knocked over his cymbals trying to get one and while returning to his chair in mid-recording stumbled and crashed his head all the way through the band name on the front of his kick drum in true buffoon fashion

oh ringo :rolleyes:

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

gonna be a legitimately sad day when the last beatle dies

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Whorelord posted:

untrue, also didn't you fast in ramamdan despite not being muslim?

that's loving lol

i fast in order to gather my strength to destroy idiot bitches with anime avatars like yourself, it has nothing to do with the one true lord Allah

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

LifeSizePotato posted:

gonna be a legitimately good and happy day when the last beatle dies

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Tomorrow Never Knows and A Day in the Life are their only important songs. It's incredible that they even managed two considering Paul McCartney was in the band.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

the only good band in the world is Ratt

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
my top 5 bands are

beatles
led zepplin
jimi hendrix
the doors
pink floyd

i tell this to chicks on date and i get laid right there. i hope that helps!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Don Tacorleone posted:

the only good band in the world is Ratt

Led Zep dude.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Last year I listened to their entire discography and it turns out I like 80 Beatles songs. Eighty. Only one of those I'd rank as an all-time favourite, but I don't think any other band has more than 30 songs I'd care to put in a playlist.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
bomb the music industry

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Beatles have a lot of good songs. They have a fairly wide range of styles from poppy bullshit to weird experimental stuff.

That said they're like 50 years old and if you say that's your favorite band it's like you're saying music peaked 50 years ago.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I always hated the Beatles and don't like any of their songs. Yellow sumbarime hey judo it's all bullshit

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Moridin920 posted:

The Beatles have a lot of good songs. They have a fairly wide range of styles from poppy bullshit to weird experimental stuff.

That said they're like 50 years old and if you say that's your favorite band it's like you're saying music peaked 50 years ago.

Actually music peaked in the 1700's with Bach, as everyone knows

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

You can't love dead people OP

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I always hated the Beatles and don't like any of their songs. Yellow sumbarime hey judo it's all bullshit

pity reply

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
John Lennon was always poo poo and the world is better without him.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Kinks are better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7encWb7lNQ

Is that a hipster thing to say? I don't really know I just like the kinks

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

my favorite band is blink 182 and people always look at me like an uncultured philistine dipshit after i say that, but they never paid enough attention to know that mark hoppus writes beautiful lyrics that would make shakespeare swoon.

That look is them wondering how a 14 year old time traveled from 2002 to modern day, please share your gift with the world

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Rocks posted:

People rolls their eyes at me when I say that, and i think it's because I didn't say some lovely flavour of the month band like Kings of Leon, who no one cares about 2 years after they were popular. Don't get me wrong I like a lot of new music but bang for my buck my favourite band is The Beatles. Is that so wrong?

Tell me why I shouldn't like the Beatles other than "hurr Ringo sucks" because it's true and I know that

depends which songs you like

if its yellow submarine and let it be then lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The montage that was set to Tomorrow Never Knows at the end of a Mad Men episode owned.

I like most Beatles songs but really hate Come Together. Though most people like it for some reason.

• Locked thread