Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

FFL3 has a pretty wild plot, but it's pretty in-depth and wouldn't work at all for Chokes' style.

The world's being slowly flooded by Elder Gods that just hate humans for no real reason. So in the future, three destined children get sent back in time to be trained to become strong enough to fight the Gods. They along with their friend they grew up with to adulthood go on a wacky time travel filled adventure to re-piece together their time machine that looks like a stealth bomber in a world where people haven't really mastered horse-riding yet technologically. Their adventures take them into the past, present, and future, underwater where fish-people live, onto a random floating continent outside time, and finally to the world of the Elder Gods themselves, including a subterranean world of Morlocks, before ultimately fighting God itself. Enemies can drop meat or mechanical parts to turn you into beasts, monsters, cyborgs, and robots. SaGa y'all.

So... what you're saying is Chokes wrote the story for 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Kheldarn posted:

So... what you're saying is Chokes wrote the story for 3?

Well, kind of. He's going to have written it. Time travel tenses are weird that way.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Camel Pimp posted:

I made a thing!

Oh my goodness what a way to close out the LP. I'll miss the fan art most of all :allears:

Fake edit: oh god I laughed at TDI when nier 2 came out :stonkhat:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Wait. Did we discuss the Trash Can, or did I miss that update completely?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dr.Smasher! posted:

Wait. Did we discuss the Trash Can, or did I miss that update completely?

It was discussed briefly in a post but not the story proper. Originally we were going to have Mike Haggar screaming about Haggar Math while digging things out of trashcans but by the time my wife went to the hospital a second time for pneumonia I just wanted the stupid thing out the door.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 16, 2015

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Just adding my voice to the chorus of praise, Chokes - I have thoroughly enjoyed your FFL LPs, and wish you well in whatever creative endeavor you pursue next.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Bump to keep the thread from the archives before baldurk can get to it. Is that still a thing? Idk

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Chokes McGee posted:

Bump to keep the thread from the archives before baldurk can get to it. Is that still a thing? Idk

There is, although it's still view-able without a special account, but it can't be altered. But it doesn't matter if it falls into archive; he can still put it up. (As a matter of fact, I just had an LP go up that when I submitted the request, it was in archive.)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Does it still work if the thread is locked? If so, we're probably done here.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Chokes McGee posted:

Does it still work if the thread is locked? If so, we're probably done here.

No Chokes! Somehow find Final Fantasy Legend 2 Two and continue the adventures of Roy & Friends.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
"What if..."

Bibidi, bobidi- ACHOO!

"The magic were taken away?"

MAGI... how very interesting.

"What if..."

Lord Odin, hold up!

"the Saw didn't work?"

I danced with Sara, that was my date!

"Could the dream... still come true?"

You may have thought you scaled the tower. You may even have thought that you reached the credits. But whatever you think happened last game... was a dream.

I call upon all the forces of the Nexus! Bibidi, bobidi, ACHOO! Turn back, tide of time! Unravel Rezen's "happily ever after!"

Wasp Disney presents "Final Fantasy Legend Chokes Mc3- A Twist in Time." Coming soon to LP DVD.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Living in a greenhouse, growing crops that we can't eat...
Probably better than most Square sequels :v:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

alcharagia posted:

"What if..."

Bibidi, bobidi- ACHOO!

"The magic were taken away?"

MAGI... how very interesting.

"What if..."

Lord Odin, hold up!

"the Saw didn't work?"

I danced with Sara, that was my date!

"Could the dream... still come true?"

You may have thought you scaled the tower. You may even have thought that you reached the credits. But whatever you think happened last game... was a dream.

I call upon all the forces of the Nexus! Bibidi, bobidi, ACHOO! Turn back, tide of time! Unravel Rezen's "happily ever after!"

Wasp Disney presents "Final Fantasy Legend Chokes Mc3- A Twist in Time." Coming soon to LP DVD.

Order now before it goes back to the LP Archive Vaults

forever

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I don't know how I can continue in life without a Chokes FFL LP.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Chokes McGee posted:

Order now before it goes back to the LP Archive Vaults

How much?

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Glorious conclusion, Chokes.

Now I'm trying to think of stupidly obscure SNES RPGs you could have rediscovered...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ryushikaze posted:

Glorious conclusion, Chokes.

Now I'm trying to think of stupidly obscure SNES RPGs you could have rediscovered...

I don't want to spoil anything but it involves a robot and a trek

Actually current plans are C64 mashup followed by Paper Sorceror. It'll be good to get back to writing selfish assholes instead of feel good surrogate families. Of course last time my plan was Paper Sorceror and we ended up with this so who knows.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Can't wait to see your LP of Star Trek: The Next Generation for the SNES then.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

I don't want to spoil anything but it involves a robot and a trek

Actually current plans are C64 mashup followed by Paper Sorceror. It'll be good to get back to writing selfish assholes instead of feel good surrogate families. Of course last time my plan was Paper Sorceror and we ended up with this so who knows.

What does it say about me that I didn't think of that as ridiculously obscure.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ryushikaze posted:

What does it say about me that I didn't think of that as ridiculously obscure.

Oh, wait until you see who Jumpman's bringing to this party. :getin:

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"

Chokes McGee posted:

Oh, wait until you see who Jumpman's bringing to this party. :getin:

A bullet? An odd looking robot? Another bullet?

I love Jumpman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

• Locked thread