Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Told my mom, she told me to play instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Hurt posted:

Your mom seems cool. Why can't she be here instead?

She likes the Ouya :frogout:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
confirming now sleeping

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Tremendous Taste posted:

at least put down a vote

hitler

##vote no lynch

happy?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Epsilon Plus posted:

I've only played here twice and I was scum once. Is this like how the Xbone is the third XBOX?

It's a 50/50 chance - either you're scum or you're not

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Sorry, will be quite quiet for a couple of days as I might be getting laid off on Tuesday. Will try and keep an eye on the thread.

##unvote

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
TT is probably still in jester mode from last game :P

Also this is the scummiest person so far cool bye

##vote Somberbrero

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
This is a town EP if you ask me.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I dunno, EP has seemed significantly less poo poo at this whole thing than last game. I feel he's an easy target. Trust me, I'll be keeping my eye out, but for now I'm pretty happy.

Also I'm less distracted now as I got laid off a day early wooooooop

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I'm Sony's $300 Persona 4 Portable machine, which is just great :3:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I am sad that being flippant for fun is seen as scummy :smith:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I'll likely put out a less flippant post once EP comes out with their defence :)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Somberbrero, I hate your reactions to that post. You've put a ton of pressure on EP and, in my view, he hasn't really buckled to it (whereas last game he got very obviously scummily upset).

You've made this entire game about you and him so far, and one of you needs to die. I choose you.

##vote Somberbrero

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Opopanax posted:

I think I want to vote crocker

Any particular reason?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I find it interesting that I'm the target rather than one of the people that didn't bother voting. Why exactly?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Also Opop, have you actually done any scum hunting so far this game?

(this is a rhetorical question you have not)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Opopanax posted:

Well we'll find out when you flip I guess

You've done absolutely gently caress all to progress a case against me, or anyone else for that matter.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I'm (obviously) fine with a Somber lynch but I think this is a better vote:

#vote Opopanax

He's doing exactly gently caress all this game bar riding on popular lynches.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Pinterest Mom posted:

I just reread and I no longer remember why I though crocker was scum.
##unvote

Who was number 2 on your list?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Somberbrero posted:

Epsilon, I haven't responded to you because I feel it is a waste of my time, frankly. I am usually busy on weekends and you're not arguing in good faith. The idea that I'm unfairly focused on you is very silly, but something that you've been able to capitalize on effectively. You say that even when you scumhunt I'm all over you for no reason, and people buy into the emotionality of that because you're newer and I'm traditionally kind of a dickhead. I'm tired into playing into this negative feedback loop.

However, I would continue to argue that you have never sincerely tried to find scum, even your best efforts this game have been overwrought non-sequiturs. Even now you're voting me for what, being 'wrong?' I'm legitimately asking, I stopped actually reading your posts because I don't need to. If I need to actually go line-by-line on why none of your posts host sensible town positions, that's something I can do tomorrow. I just doubt that anyone will read it.

Hurt what are you doing? Why the 180?

I'd actually find that post interesting, so please make it. I legitimately don't believe you've had good enough reasons thus far for zeroing in on EP, so a decent post outlining your case would be nice.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Somberbrero posted:

2) Crocker has been pretending like he's actually trying to contribute to lynches when each day, his contribution has consisted of voting me apropos nothing.

:psyduck: this falls down to even the basic look at my post history in this thread or, say, Votefinder

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Somberbrero posted:

You've had your vote on me at the end of the last two days previous. It was useless day one, I wasn't a candidate at all. Day two it works out slightly better since for whatever reason I was one of the two vote leaders, but you still weren't able to switch to the right candidate(Ep had two more votes I think) within a fairly large window. I don't think we could have lynched regardless but the point stands.

Hammer day 2 was at ridiculous o'clock for me, and by your own admission you were a candidate for lynch. If I'd been awake at hammer, I'd have obviously moved over.

It's rather odd that you think that makes me scummy instead of, say, one of the people who didn't vote at all.

Somberbrero posted:

I'm not even pushing for you today Crocker. I'll definitely compromise lynch you because you're probably scum, but I'd like to lynch Epsilon. That post was made for your benefit, you asked for a more in-depth read of Epsilon.

I'm aware you're not pushing directly for me today, but you are continuing to try and paint me as scummy with lovely reasoning. I do appreciate the post on Epsilon but it didn't really convince me of much more than the dude being new - he's really not acting the same as Role Mafia where it was as clear as day that he was scum.

Also Fiery do some work or get lynched

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Somberbrero posted:

I have been completely right this game on flips and have pushed votes away from town players all game. AC was town. Kerro was town. tithin was town. Capps was scum. I called all of those and you must think I am scum playing for credit or I am town as hell. I don't believe Epsilon has given nearly convincing enough reason to think I am scum.

I went to check if this was true and yeah, this is a decent point. If you are scummy, then congrats on building up some town cred with me.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Somberbrero posted:

I'm much less suspicious of someone who doesn't try at all, it indicates they aren't interested in looking good, which is not scummy.

Regardless, this is one point of several. I'm not going to put more work into this today when I'm still on Epsilon. Make a better argument for someone else if you disagree with me or get on board. There aren't a lot of other people playing this game and we need all hands on deck.

I'm still very very happy with my vote, but I'll definitely be getting involved. I really don't want another no-lynch tonight :(

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Somberbrero posted:

Oh wait, he's voting you sorry. I don't think you're voting anyone?

Haha, I made the same mistake as you and thought I'd voted him.

Basically, he's done gently caress all except bandwagon vote. No scumhunting, nothing. I can't find a post here that helps town at all

##vote Opopanax because apparently I hadn't

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah I agree with that assessment actually. Or rather, I definitely think Opop hasn't helped town but I don't think that necessitates him as scum.

It definitely doesn't make him dyed-in-the-wool scum but it does make me not want him to be in the game. I see it as a pretty safe lynch; at worst, we get rid of a town that isn't contributing, at best we get rid of a scum that's trying to dart under the radar.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Opopanax posted:

I'm the only one voting you, I don't think that's a bandwagon. If i were voting EP that would be a bandwagon.

I'm an easy vote - there's been pressure on me from other players for a couple of days now.

Face it, you've done no actual scumhunting or even contributed anything to other people's cases.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

From yesterday

He's been low content posting a fair bit but to say he's anything as bad as Opop is a hell of a stretch

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Opopanax posted:

I do not :colbert: I just don't invent stuff as town and as a result I post enough to get noticed, but not enough to not get called a lurker, unless I find something and latch onto it.

There's been plenty to talk about this game

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
2 hours, where's everyone at?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Ain't doing poo poo til I've reread the players left.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
hey TT nice of you to do your first scumhunting in 7 days

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I wanna see what happens when I do this

##vote Epsilon Plus

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Having read f_v's game recently, that case was complete cherry-picking bollocks - plenty of scumhunting was done in unquoted posts. It's also really, really easy to have a higher postcount when you make every point over 5 posts, so stop pretending like you didn't go completely missing.

I don't think you're Capps' scumbuddy.

##unvote
##vote TT

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
You've triple+ posted a number of times, it's pretty self-evident. That in itself isn't scummy (it's kind of your MO) but using postcount to try and distract from your disappearing act isn't on.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
:psyduck: I said it was a null tell but like gently caress is it a valid defence

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
"I admit that my postcount is inflated every game. My postcount this game is proof I've not been lurking despite that"

I mean, this logic is straight-up bollocks and I'm pretty sure you're scum otherwise you wouldn't be using this poo poo to try and cover your rear end

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Here's a question to EP and Hurt: do you think TT has been active this game?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

How is that in one post you refer to my Hurt case and in another post you're all "hey someone check hurt out".

There's usually a pretty good reason why someone's not making sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Agreed.

What is your opinion of Hurt today? Yesterday you said Opop was worse, but he turned out to be town.

Right now I think it's you or him for town. I'm not sure which, so I'm more focusing on someone I do think is scum.

• Locked thread