Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
:psyduck: I said it was a null tell but like gently caress is it a valid defence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Do a word count then. If I'm not ahead of f_v I'll eat my hat

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
"I admit that my postcount is inflated every game. My postcount this game is proof I've not been lurking despite that"

I mean, this logic is straight-up bollocks and I'm pretty sure you're scum otherwise you wouldn't be using this poo poo to try and cover your rear end

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You think about this game so oddly. Three posts are three posts no matter their order, there's no such thing as "inflation"

Look to capps, he's the same way.

I've been very active this game and having f_v come at that is disingenuous given her posting

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Here's a question to EP and Hurt: do you think TT has been active this game?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Incidentally hurt may be doing his scum shtick. I'm going to see Connor mcdavid IRL so someone else take a look and see if it fits

How is that in one post you refer to my Hurt case and in another post you're all "hey someone check hurt out".

I already did. I think he's scum. He has avoided being actively engaged in actual scum hunting, posted a bunch of noise and his hammer on Opop was dodgy.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

How is that in one post you refer to my Hurt case and in another post you're all "hey someone check hurt out".

There's usually a pretty good reason why someone's not making sense

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That one sentence "case" was days ago. The game has gone on

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anyway I am at the game so see you in a couple hours

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Tremendous Taste posted:

That one sentence "case" was days ago. The game has gone on

And hurt has done nothing different. The case still stands.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mfcrocker posted:

There's usually a pretty good reason why someone's not making sense

Agreed.

What is your opinion of Hurt today? Yesterday you said Opop was worse, but he turned out to be town.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Agreed.

What is your opinion of Hurt today? Yesterday you said Opop was worse, but he turned out to be town.

Right now I think it's you or him for town. I'm not sure which, so I'm more focusing on someone I do think is scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mfcrocker posted:

Right now I think it's you or him for town. I'm not sure which, so I'm more focusing on someone I do think is scum.

Why do you think he is town?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why do you think he is town?

I don't necessarily, I just haven't got a scum read on him.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Connor mcdavid is really really good

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hurt is scum because he spent the early part of the game pointing scummy reactions out in people's posts without making alignment calls on them.

He does it here on tithin.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Yo it's a day one rollllllling staaaaaaaaaaarrrrrt. You are getting hella edgy about three votes thrown your way. Self-voting in this case makes absolutely no sense, especially when combined with the smug "you'll see. You'll all see."

Maybe once more heat gets on you I could understand this type of reaction day 1, but really 3 votes?

Here on tithin again.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Man where is everyone this game. Also yeah Capps why is Taste scum? He's just being a refugee from YCS.

Deadline is tomorrow. As of right now we've got Tithin's awful sleep deprived post calling Pin Mom a scum for Rolling Start.

Somber Bro, what's your reason for Epsilon besides gut? Gut and precedence?

Here he calls PMom a "bad guy" but doesn't vote.

Dr. Hurt posted:

lmao I have a day vig at Taste. But I think this guy is bad guy. I will not use magical day vig on bad guy I will use it on potato instead. Everybody wins, right?

No alignment call on Opop

Dr. Hurt posted:

How does this differentiate from any Opop game? Opop is the definition of "lazy mafia player."

Back to PMom. Still no vote.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Mods lie. :colbert:

But seriously I forgot all about that and just thought that that post was dumb and unhelpful, now it's doubly so! Good to know!

Votes aC for no reason

Dr. Hurt posted:

Your Mafia Sucks. Let's get a subforum in trad games.

By the way ##vote aC

More on PMom. Still not voting him or trying to make a lynch happen.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Agreed. Pmom looks like he's drawing at straws for something to tag Tithin on.

Making Somber's scum hunting look bad without actually calling him scum.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Sombrero why are you always thirsty for blood??

Finally, some thoughts from Hurt. PMom is still his pick, he's still not voting.

Dr. Hurt posted:

You want some thoughts? Here's some thoughts. Sombrero is tunneling like he typically does. A bloodhound with an axe to grind, particularly EP. I don't find EP that scummy, even based off Dragon's Highly lauded posts. Also fiery don't vote that. EP ain't scum.

I don't like how Pin Mom acted at the beginning of the day based off of this

and this

Mom knows it's bad, (says later that it's weak) but doubles down on it right after stepping off. His reasoning makes no sense and is forced trying to hedge somebody in a corner.

Would vote for mom.

:mrgw:

THEMS THE NEWS. YOU GOT THE NEWS. NOW I'M GOING TO BE MAYOR OF A TINY TOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE AND THEN GO TO BED.

His reaction to a Somber post. Again he's trying to discredit Somber but without making an alignment call

Dr. Hurt posted:

What?? That's completely ridiculous. It is to scums advantage to control the conversation and post a lot. Your idea that lack of effort gives folks a pass is laughable. LAUGHABLE. I'm doing it right now. Right in your drat face. Ha. Haha ha HA HA HA HA HAHAHA AH AHA HAHA HAHA HA HA HA HA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
H
AA
AAHAHAH

HA
HA
HA
HAHA
H
A
H
A
H
A

Your idea is dumb.

I ask him to elaborate. Somber is town, he's still on PMom (and not voting)

Dr. Hurt posted:

This is more of a mafia meta argument, but I feel like Sombrero and I have completely different ideas about what makes someone scum. He is putting forward an idea that content is some way of absolving people of potential scumminess. He's willing to give Taste a pass because he feels like he's driving conversation. Yes lurkers are always awful, and this is from someone who has a habit of lurking. But at the same time I'm of the opinion that town can lurk just as much with scum.

Sombrero's not scummy because his opinions are dumb. We jut view the game totally differently. Sombrero's town.

Weh. Out of anyone I'd lean Pmom but I'll give a glance over and see what else is happenin'

3 hours later he has cooled on PMom (no explanation).

Dr. Hurt posted:

Out of the two I would prefer Ep to Sombrero. That is the decree if it has to be. And now I've cooled on PinMom. Hm m m m m mmmmmmm.... Opop is busy ol' Opop. Val and Taste I have good feelings in my tummy tum. MFcrocker seems fine. Disagrees with Sombrero but ughhh not enough for cases.

Fukket ##vote Epsilon, there doesn't seem to be any other momentum.

And then right after, now Somber is scum (even though he prefers to vote EP)

Dr. Hurt posted:

It makes complete sense to me. Like I said, Sombrero is a bloodthirsty bloodhound. A scum heat seeking missile, if you will.

He has made no effort to scum hunt, has hedged on alignment calls. Voted both AC and Opop with no reason (and in Opop's case, despite calling him town all game). Hasn't made any original cases, just his light pushes on PMom, without any real attempt to build a case or push that lynch.

##vote Hurt

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

Incidentally hurt may be doing his scum shtick. I'm going to see Connor mcdavid IRL so someone else take a look and see if it fits

Hello this game opened up when I was asleep and I was at school for 12 hours/haven't been at my computer all day. I ain't beein a lurky fool, I just have been busy!

Also no regrets for putting the 'popped cap' in Opoppedcap. Taste I figured if you had anything to say you would have done so by then. Also its a bit weak to say I'm doing my lurky thing when the thread hasn't even been reopened for a whole day. Don't be a busta.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I have a confession to make about dropping the vote on opop.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I got a letter in the mail from Opop Jr. Saying his dad was a very bad man. I thought this meant he was scum. It turns out opop is just a Canadian.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The letter was written in crayon. How could I NOT believe it.

Scum pics: gruesome twosome is fire and taste. Epsilon is capps bud. Crocker is aight.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dr. Hurt posted:

The letter was written in crayon. How could I NOT believe it.

Scum pics: gruesome twosome is fire and taste. Epsilon is capps bud. Crocker is aight.

Why to all of those alignment calls?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

And, since you just called 3 people scum, which one do you want to vote out today?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
From my perspective, we three all seem to agree on TT and EP as scum, so I very much suggest we lynch one of them (preferably TT). I can try and decide which one of you is a scum if we survive the night.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

From my perspective, we three all seem to agree on TT and EP as scum, so I very much suggest we lynch one of them (preferably TT). I can try and decide which one of you is a scum if we survive the night.

That is one big if we are talking about here.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why to all of those alignment calls?

Taste is not playing like town Taste. He was really busy, which I can understand. But the fact that he's jumping on me today for being lurky is him trying to create this script that is just bonkers. Fiery you have legit crits about my play, but Taste is going on a wish that folks don't look at his post history and see its a very much pot calling kettle (especially since he's been riding me as scum all game so this just fits in with his grand illusion). Taste is smarter than that. I fear there's a Tremendous Scum afoot.

Fire I admit you are partially gut, and now partially that big rear end post you made before I swung on in. Those nights took an awfully long time. Long enough to involve. . . HAVING TO WAIT FOR SOMEONE FROM AUSTRALIA TO DECIDE ON A KILL!! Dun dun dunnnnnnn. This is the part where the whole audience gasps and the one old white lady goes "well I never" and drops her wine glass in shock.

But let's get serious talk about some fine fantasy fiction you've spun here

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Hurt is scum because he spent the early part of the game pointing scummy reactions out in people's posts without making alignment calls on them.

He does it here on tithin.

Here on tithin again.

Your "says somebody is scummy but doesn't vote for him" complaint about my play is how I always play. I am usually pretty reserved with my votes and don't like throwing them out there unless it is close to deadline or else I am positive somebody is badguy (or jokes but this is not the time for those). This goes the same for pmom. I wanna see what people think and unless they seem like they are getting momentum I typically don't plunk votes down.

quote:

Votes aC for no reason
Jokevote/was to see how people react.

Now this. This is just some plain ol' fiction and/or a bad read from a vacuum.

quote:

His reaction to a Somber post. Again he's trying to discredit Somber but without making an alignment call

3 hours later he has cooled on PMom (no explanation).

And then right after, now Somber is scum (even though he prefers to vote EP)

If you call correctly it was cutting it close to deadline and Somber and EP were tied two votes even. Out of the two of them I leaned more towards EP as I said. Nobody was around at deadline and it wasn't feasible plunking down a vote on PMom, especially since he had explained why he was so edgy around the flavor. It would be a waste of space if I said "I TOO BELIEVE THE PINTEREST!" I would bring up the posts but I'm going to bed soon and don't want to expend the effort. Like I said before, Somber and I have two completely different approaches to meta. I'm not trying to discredit him at all, more providing my viewpoint on mafia and why certain things that read super duper scum tells to Sombrero don't carry the same weight with me.

quote:

He has made no effort to scum hunt, has hedged on alignment calls. Voted both AC and Opop with no reason (and in Opop's case, despite calling him town all game). Hasn't made any original cases, just his light pushes on PMom, without any real attempt to build a case or push that lynch.

##vote Hurt

This case is weak. You are looking at my actions in a vacuum and not in the context of what actually is going on in the game. Are some of my moves erratic? Yes. If you wanted you can talk about my hammer of Opop, which you leave out for some reason. It just feels like you needed to make a case so you whipped one up real quick just by briefly reading my post history and going "eh good enough."

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I would vote Fireballz and Ep today. I wanna hear what Taste has got to say. Who is here rn? I am going to bed in like 10ish minutos.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

just got back

hurt, I love you, but I think you're being insincere

crocker seems to be pushing a lynch on whoever's popular which could totally be a two-man scum tactic at this point

F_v seems more sincere in her wording

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Hurt posted:

That is one big if we are talking about here.

So? There's nothing anyone but the doctor can do about our chances in the night. What we can do is make sure we hit scum in the day, and out of TT and EP I'd rather, frankly, get rid of the better player.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I am here to have fun and try to get posts done as quickly as possible so I can get good rest for the morning. Every sincere bone in my body is pulsing right now.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

So? There's nothing anyone but the doctor can do about our chances in the night. What we can do is make sure we hit scum in the day, and out of TT and EP I'd rather, frankly, get rid of the better player.

I'm just being lazy and not posting though :smuggo:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dr. Hurt posted:

It just feels like you needed to make a case so you whipped one up real quick just by briefly reading my post history and going "eh good enough."

This completely ignores that I have been casing and pushing you for several days. You make it sound like I just decided to vote you for no reason. I've been consistent with my opinion that you are scum for several days.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:siren: if town lynches capps scummate, the game is automatically over and doctor can do nothing to save us :siren:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Taste is a good mafia player.

Fun fact: I almost said "Taste is a good mafia" but even as good as Taste is I don't think he could be an ENTIRE mafia at once.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Tremendous Taste posted:

crocker seems to be pushing a lynch on whoever's popular which could totally be a two-man scum tactic at this point

yeah or possibly you've been posting really loving scummily today but whatever buddy

If by some miracle you're the 1-in-4 chance I have of hitting a town today then so be it, I'm not gonna feel particularly bad in the postmortem.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mfcrocker posted:

No I'm not going to do this at all. I think TT is the solo scum, so lynching him is no good for town. I'm also uncertain on who is Hurt's scum buddy, though I'm leaning towards you instead of EP since the two of you are backing each other up.

Hurt is my preference.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This completely ignores that I have been casing and pushing you for several days. You make it sound like I just decided to vote you for no reason. I've been consistent with my opinion that you are scum for several days.

You've been consistent in your opinion, sure. But when it actually comes to putting a case together besides "Hurt's being real snipe-y" it doesn't amount to much more than "Hurt's being snipe-y also here is a whole bundle of misinterpretations of his actions in regards to Somber and PinMom."

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

yeah or possibly you've been posting really loving scummily today but whatever buddy

If by some miracle you're the 1-in-4 chance I have of hitting a town today then so be it, I'm not gonna feel particularly bad in the postmortem.

even if you are town you have a 50% chance of ending day by lynching me, you cannot ignore that you need to be absolutely precise in who you target.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm just being lazy and not posting though :smuggo:

I'm comparing you against someone who is currently one of the worst scum players I've seen. It's a pretty low bar.

Tremendous Taste posted:

:siren: if town lynches capps scummate, the game is automatically over and doctor can do nothing to save us :siren:

So what? I've read everyone back today and there's nothing indicating particular allegiance with capps. My main concern is hitting scum - if we hit capps' buddy, that's unfortunate.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Wouldn't it have been a 100% chance of ending the day?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

mfcrocker posted:

Crocker, now that I've elaborated on my Hurt case, what is your opinion of him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

No I'm not going to do this at all. I think TT is the solo scum, so lynching him is no good for town. I'm also uncertain on who is Hurt's scum buddy, though I'm leaning towards you instead of EP since the two of you are backing each other up.

Hurt is my preference.

Don't confuse disagreeing with the passion you have for Hurt as scum for backing him up.

Why do you think TT is the solo scum?

• Locked thread