Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I just finished my take home midterm, and was really bored and kinda delirious from my all-nighter, so I made Link using a Catapult, using Navi as Ammo, in MS Paint in 5 minutes.

Just for fun and because the mental image kinda made me giggle. (Also that is the Ocarina of Time font, because I am a massive nerd and installed it onto my computer.)

Senerio fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Faerie Fortune posted:

:dance: I'm so happy someone rose up to my dumb challenge and this is a great thing to bless the thread with!

Bored and tired is a dangerous combination.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That was an entertaining video. I enjoyed your reaction to Skull Man.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Please avoid all gold skulltulas you see in the exploration video, because the irritation of you ignoring them is nothing compared to the comedy of the thread's irritation at you ignoring them.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm gonna go for the comedy option and go 420 attempts, after which you found the secret weed dungeon item and gave it to the boss, who smoked it and kinda let his mouth hang open for the rest of his short life.

Also for the obligatory blaze it pun.

E: I mostly did this for the funny mental image it gave me.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My vote was explicitly a joke, but I did expect at least one death.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Zero Attempts. Fae walks in and the boss is dead and the Heart Container is there.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The way I remember songs is I make words out of them, using the first letter of each direction.

The Song of Time is RAD. Pun intended.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My strategy was always to hug the wall, or at least hang kinda close to it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So during this temple, Fae and Argate didn't really SEEM like Link and Navi. I couldn't figure out what it was, until I got some inspiration in a discussion with someone. I figure it fits Fae because of the ghostbusters theme of the stage.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My issue with the over-helping happened in the forest temple, with the Wallmasters. Navi gave Link a decent hint (don't stand around too long and keep an eye on your shadow), which Silver and Chaos then immediately used to explain the room in exacting detail, and warning her when the Wallmaster was about to come down, thus robbing us of a live reaction to a thing in the game.

It's the difference between Navi (a little overeager to provide hints, but hints nonetheless) and Chippy (who tells the player exactly what to do at any given moment), which is who ChaosArgate has become to me. LP's still entertaining enough, but it's still a problem.

I may be biased because the Wallmaster was the reaction I was most looking forward to.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 27, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ChaosArgate posted:

My rule of thumb with explaining things is that it'd be fine if its something she's seen in action. Fae's played through LttP a lot so she's familiar with Wallmasters so I didn't think they'd be that big a surprise to her.

Well that's gonna make the Majora's Mask LP boring. Explaining traps before they're set off, even if she's seen the exact trap before somewhere else, takes the magic out of the trap, which is why I have an issue with it.

Bowser calls her Chippy. She's Chippy.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 27, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Cartheon posted:

You're kind of beating a dead horse.

Yeah, I know. This thread just isn't for me I guess.

To get away from that, I like the Fire Temple. I did it before finishing the Forest Temple because I was like 8 and the Wallmasters freaked me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Sorry wrong thread. The Fire Temple is pretty great because it's a bit of a breather compared to the Forest Temple.

• Locked thread