Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

It's the old Tomato Tomato thing again, always crops up when people say things differently to how others do.

Yeah, I keep watching the videos and hearing 'sa-RI-a' or 'KO-ki-ri' or 'ka-KA-ri-ko' and I want to scream even though I know it doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Silegna posted:

Is there even an official pronunciation guide anyhow? I mean the guide calls Gohma a Plastic Arachnid instead of parasitic, so I don't think we can trust that to confirm.

I'd be willing to bet that particular one was rendered as parasutiku or something in the original Japanese. Not that it makes it any less stupid...

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Keksen posted:

I have to say I was skeptical about a blind LP of OoT of all things at first but seeing Fae be as excited about everything as I was as a kid reminds me why I still love the game to this day. I should hook up my N64 and play along or something. Anyway I just wanted to say keep doing what you're doing, Fae. It's great.

I got back into this game because of the LP too. Been burning through everything right up to the dungeon that... well. No spoilers. But I'm sure everyone knows which one I mean.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Watching that boss battle, all I could think about was how badly Fae needs to learn to Z-target. Seriously. The next boss is going to be awful without Z-targeting.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Neurion posted:

I blame the King of Hyrule.

THANKS KING OF HYRULE :bahgawd:

I heard the King of Hyrule was responsible for global warming, too.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

:allears: Fae, you're so bad at my favorite dungeon. I apologize for my schadenfreude. You're wonderful. We're all cheering for you! :)

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Fae, when are you going to do another exploration video? There are still places (or a single place) you didn't see as a kid.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

What's the thread's consensus on spoilers regarding (Fae, don't read this!) redacted?

dublish fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Dec 14, 2014

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

It's something not to be discussed until she gets there.

Yeah, but it's either one or the other and no take-backs. I think it's the only choice of its kind in the game.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Suaimhneas posted:

Okay but what does the /4 mean?

The first number in x/x tells you how many of a certain length note are in a measure, and the second number tells you the length of the note. 6/8 time means you have six eighth-notes per measure. 4/4 is four quarter-notes per measure, 3/2 is three half-notes, and so on.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Suaimhneas posted:

Based on this post, I have to revise my guess of where to start in that list to "what exactly is a note (or a measure)" :stonk:

A note is a sound. It has pitch (A-G in real music, A- and C-buttons in OoT) and length (denoted by how much of a beat the note lasts).

A beat is a unit of time that varies depending on how fast a given piece of music is.

A measure is a length of time determined by the time signature. In 4/4 time, a measure is 4 beats long. In 5/4 time, a measure is 5 beats long. In these time signatures, a beat corresponds to a quarter-note, so called because in 4/4 time (also called common time because nearly every piece of music you've ever heard is in 4/4 time), a quarter-note takes up a quarter of the whole measure.

Measures are there to give structure to music. A 2/4 Saria's Song, 3/4 Minuet of Forest and 4/4 Bolero of Fire might all have the same speed in beats per minute, but that 3/4 song is going to sound a lot different simply because it doesn't have an even time signature like the others.

If it seems like there's a lot of jargon and circular logic involved, that's because there is.

dublish fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jan 5, 2015

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Mr. Vile posted:

The best part about the Dark Link fight: Look at Link's reflection as he crosses the room after he first enters.

:vince:

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

You win the thread.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

"I expected the Anubis to shoot a lot more fireballs," he said, not realizing that it only shoots fireballs when Link swings his sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Ignoring the 4th bottle is the genuine OoT experience.

• Locked thread