Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Ruggan posted:

Any way to raise the stars of a hero?

Nope no evolution system, you can fuse heroes together but just for a small amount of xp.

I wouldn't worry much about trying to min/max in this game as the rpg/battle systems are pretty shallow.

Once you get a couple of decent mages and a priest with mana spring or innervate you'll blow past all the battles and have nothing to do but collect set gear to dress up your best heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Fat Samurai posted:

So armour should go into any hero that matches it's Destiny in order to get the +Stat, but what about weapons and shields?

I have several weapons that ask for a particular character in order to triger the bonus. They have the same name that some sets of armour, so I'm not sure whether the game wants me to match armour to weapon or they want a particular character.

For example: I have a complete set of "Armour of Robin" stuck to some dude whose destiny matches the armour, and I'm getting +2 to an elemental stat on that guy because of it. However, I have a Mace of Robin (name may not be correct) that has a conditional effect that trigger "When Robin has it equipped."

Is the guy with the complete set considered to be Robin, or is he a particular hero I'm yet to find? I haven't got any Special heroes in my collection yet, not sure if they are what the game is asking me for.

There are named heroes that are required for those particular bonuses.

I wouldn't bother saving items that require a certain hero that you don't have yet as inventory space is limited. It's easy enough to get the gear in the the shop later on with diamonds or friend coins if you save up.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I'm in as "dnk". I have a beastly 250 damage Mage as my avatar :aaa:

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I'm in as Twostep, still have like 5 friend slots left

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
Is this similar to PAD where I want to reset my game until I get a great hero? Or are diamonds easy to come by? Currently have two epic two stars and a bunch of one star Rares.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Diamonds are pretty common, one for each new dungeon open, one for each raid are clear and then one for clicking the watch button and putting the iPad down for 15secs. Also 200 friend points gives you a hero chance as well and I think my 3 or 4 star epic came from that. You will also get heroes as drops and diamonds login rewards. Heros can also come from gift cards which are login rewards. I'd say have fun and play for a day. If you really feel hampered then reroll.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Sometimes bonking monsters during raids will make little Hero helmets pop up, too. I've gotten a few rares and 2 Epic heroes this way.

Basically this is Fantasy Tiny Tower. As long as you can press buttons, you'll get some progress.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Yeah, there's no real need to reroll -- you can certainly feel free to until you get a 4* gold character but the rate you earn diamonds is pretty fast and the raids aren't super important for progression. Like Fat Samurai said, it's basically Fantasy Tiny Tower.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
As is increasingly common these days, iPod Touch 4th gens need not download this.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

OMGzKakaniz posted:

Is this similar to PAD where I want to reset my game until I get a great hero? Or are diamonds easy to come by? Currently have two epic two stars and a bunch of one star Rares.

I wouldn't reroll. Sure a 5* epic has the has highest potential, but that requires you to find their 5* epic equipment. Then you need to have the cost to use the hero, which you won't for a long time.

I'm almost 3/4 the way through the raids and I'm just barely using my epics and I don't really notice that much more power. My rares with mismatch equipment are way stronger.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

The amount of free energy you get every day is nuts. I rarely play through raids so I only really dip below my maximum at the very end of the day. I'm at something like 106 energy out of 26 right now.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

RoboCicero posted:

The amount of free energy you get every day is nuts. I rarely play through raids so I only really dip below my maximum at the very end of the day. I'm at something like 106 energy out of 26 right now.

Yeah I get burn out on raids before I reach my maximum. I do about 2-3 areas a day.

Though raids kinda make underground caves pointless. I get at least one item a raid now, but usually get 2-3. And each item sells for 4000+ gold.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Shwqa posted:

Yeah I get burn out on raids before I reach my maximum. I do about 2-3 areas a day.

Though raids kinda make underground caves pointless. I get at least one item a raid now, but usually get 2-3. And each item sells for 4000+ gold.

The dungeons? I don't know - the last time the 3rd enemy appeared in one, it cost about 30k to fight. I imagine some of the deeper dungeons will have similar costs, and the ones that take longer give more gold. And yeah, I get way more energy right now than I really want to use. As for rerolling, I wouldn't bother either. My first roll was a 3* rare mage, and my best since then was a 4* (or is it 5*? I forget) epic priest that isn't that useful. As mentioned, having a high-tiered fighter won't help you that much off the bat since it will take time before you can slot it in your party and equip it properly.

What else... I have to say, IrregularOreos' character (aka ssnn) is like a once-every-three-hours ticket to murderville. I'm still wishing I had an MP-restore character. I keep having to borrow other people's.

Oh, and this game seems like it's geared up to do some sort of weekly events? There's a world boss option that hasn't launched yet, and 'special characters' in the collections page. I wouldn't mind doing something like that, so I guess we'll see.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

As a tip for anyone who might have trouble beating raid areas (probably because they can't get a free ride off of their friend list) the game automatically slots the character with the most defense into the "leader" warrior slot. It's possible you can drop in someone with more attack and less HP/Defense as long as you have a cleric or two. Defense hasn't been a major issue unless a monster enrages, at which point more damage probably would prevent it from enraging in the first place.

That being said, the differences hasn't been big but it can help if you're tight on equipment!

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Their checking for defense is amazing. If I drop my 3* 2h warrior into the leader slot who has 150 more def and 1000hp than the 1h warrior, it complains that my def is too low and makes me confirm with a warning before heading in. The 1h warrior it accepts just fine. I give up shield wall for him, but gain a ton more dps. It's unfortunate, because this makes the auto team unusable for me.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I just started as SA-pixaal. I assume I want to save up my gems for an 11 summon, but do I want a frosty hero pack? I just assume its a guy with a Blue dream job Destiny. But maybe an event is coming up that is weak to blue so I do want it? I'm not sure if anyone really knows how events go yet since the game is new but thought I'd ask.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

pixaal posted:

I just started as SA-pixaal. I assume I want to save up my gems for an 11 summon, but do I want a frosty hero pack? I just assume its a guy with a Blue dream job Destiny. But maybe an event is coming up that is weak to blue so I do want it? I'm not sure if anyone really knows how events go yet since the game is new but thought I'd ask.

Elements haven't had any effect on raids or events so far. Maybe world bosses but we haven't had one yet during the soft launch.

I'd save them for the bulk summon or when they have another discounted premium hero summon promo.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Does anyone have any clue what determines DPS for the dungeons? At first I thought it was something like Stat + Stat + Stat = DPS, but I looked closer and realized that 12 + 9 + 10 does not equal 76.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

RoboCicero posted:

Does anyone have any clue what determines DPS for the dungeons? At first I thought it was something like Stat + Stat + Stat = DPS, but I looked closer and realized that 12 + 9 + 10 does not equal 76.

Stats matter, and so does crit! Try and use warrior priest mage for 20% crit boost. You might have to play with it since a group of with all 10s is going to be a better than a group of 1s with 20% crit. You also get bonus loot if that dungeon is their "destiny" a 30% bonus, capping at 100% if all 3 have it, basically doubling your loot gains. Destiny is pretty important unless you can cut the time in half and don't mind tapping twice as often.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
In as DontMindMe. I'll add people in a bit.

warsow
Jun 28, 2009
In as Warsow, will be adding a ton of you.

sedaps
Jan 29, 2004
In as ebeiwebei.

You guys figure out is there some pattern or trigger for the rare monster in the dungeon? So far I've only had appearances in the first dungeon (the boar in Ancient Dungeon), not in the other 5. Wondering if I'm missing something that is causing it not to trigger.

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!
I've seen on the TA forums that people are getting epic heroes from the raids, Jafar and Sally Salt from 21 for example. Can they drop from anywhere in 21 or just off of Diablo? In as jahZenso by the way, come use my 645 power mage.

sedaps posted:

In as ebeiwebei.

You guys figure out is there some pattern or trigger for the rare monster in the dungeon? So far I've only had appearances in the first dungeon (the boar in Ancient Dungeon), not in the other 5. Wondering if I'm missing something that is causing it not to trigger.

As I understand it, it's entirely random so long as you have 3 dudes on a floor.

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.

Clockwork Beast! posted:

I've seen on the TA forums that people are getting epic heroes from the raids, Jafar and Sally Salt from 21 for example. Can they drop from anywhere in 21 or just off of Diablo? In as jahZenso by the way, come use my 645 power mage.

As I understand it, it's entirely random so long as you have 3 dudes on a floor.

While I've yet to see a single rare enemy in the dungeons, I just got Shark Spear (epic 2* DPS warrior) from #16 (Tough Shell specifically). Now I have to re-farm up Shark Spear gear I'd just given to my Ishbjorn. This game.

e: And a Marie Curious (epic 2* Mage) from the same area ("Protector of the Sea Temple" this time). Nice!

e: Tabbed back to the game and now it's failing to connect. Guess I was due for a break anyway.

allsizesfitone fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 14, 2014

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Clockwork Beast! posted:

No need to have 3 heroes. You need the 3 heroes to FIGHT the rare monster, but yesterday I got an alert for a monster in a floor (8, I think. Somehthing red.) that didn't have a single hero in it.

Craftics
Jan 31, 2006

fuckin yeah
I'm in as crafty_SA and I have two pretty solid priests, would you guys rather have Sir Alucard with Barrier III up? Or Venus Veil with Innervate III? It seems like Innervate is infinitely more useful.

edit: Can someone explain what the deal is with the random heroes that show up to your kingdom, then bitch out and run away instead of going to the inn?

Craftics fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 14, 2014

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Craftics posted:

edit: Can someone explain what the deal is with the random heroes that show up to your kingdom, then bitch out and run away instead of going to the inn?

The go and give a couple of good whacks to some random monster you're currently fighting in your dungeons.

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Craftics posted:

I'm in as crafty_SA and I have two pretty solid priests, would you guys rather have Sir Alucard with Barrier III up? Or Venus Veil with Innervate III? It seems like Innervate is infinitely more useful.

Innervate for sure. And yeah, they're people you freed for fighting a 3rd monster in the dungeons. If you see them they run down to a random room and smack on the guy your other heroes are fighting at the time.

AustinJ
Jul 12, 2006

You can't take the sky from me!
Does anyone know what the 'Party Skill' in the raid party selection screen does? Is it just a passive skill that is always active during that raid?

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

AustinJ posted:

Does anyone know what the 'Party Skill' in the raid party selection screen does? Is it just a passive skill that is always active during that raid?

Yup, it's generally some kind of buff that's always active or a triggered power like Victory Shout, which increases damage when a boss is below 10% hp.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
i don't suppose there's any sign of this showing up for Android?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Fun fact about Faraway Kingdom -- clerics don't attack at all. I didn't realize this for way too long, thinking that clerics alternated between attacking and healing. This means that party skills that increase the crit rate of priests are hilariously useless since when a priest "crits" it just means their heal amount is doubled.

When you're building your party it's almost always better to have the bare minimum of HP such that you're not dying too quickly and one cleric (two if it's a 9 person mission) and then stuff your party to the gills with mages and warriors. It's kind of dumb because the auto-party takes into cleric attack as actual raw attack power so you can end up with a party of 5/9 clerics that spend most of their time doing nothing.

Also this is what I've gotten so far for area sets, though I'm less sure about the first two. Most give 2* sets, with the last two giving 3* equipment which can easily be sold for ~8k.

Burning Sands And Sunlight - Suspicious Laboratory
Desert of Ice - Under The Sea
Submarine Adventures - Castle of Doom
Hellenia - Cursed Attic
Starving Corpses - Spooky Mansion
Day Trip to a Zoo - Snowy Fields
Always Below Zero - Space Invasion
Welcome To Hell - Ragnarok

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

That is why I don't use any avatar that is a priest. Some extra damage is always useful. While more healing isn't too helpful.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Nick Esasky posted:

i don't suppose there's any sign of this showing up for Android?

I'd assume "soon"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wayi.fk

Here it is in an Asian language on Android. I assume they want to test the iOS localization and then translate it on the Android version, depending on how its made English iOS sales might determine if they bother supporting Android too.

No word on an English Android release that I know of, but I don't see why end of year would be unreasonable if not end of month. (This comes from someone who has made games but never sold anything, and never bothered with a translation. They already have it running on Android if they programmed it "correctly" it should be pretty simple to use the same translation file).

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008
Conversely you can stack all your own dps and invite priests which is what I do

IrregularOreos
Oct 26, 2010

RoboCicero posted:

Burning Sands And Sunlight - Suspicious Laboratory
Desert of Ice - Under The Sea
Submarine Adventures - Castle of Doom
Hellenia - Cursed Attic
Starving Corpses - Spooky Mansion
Day Trip to a Zoo - Snowy Fields
Always Below Zero - Space Invasion
Welcome To Hell - Ragnarok

Can't believe I never noticed this connection, but it might be true. To add to this list:

27. Creatures of Wonderland The Incarnation of Avarice
29. Ragnarok Arabian Nights
31. Arabia Lost Catacombs

I'll try and confirm when I have more energy, and add the remaining dungeons. Can anyone else confirm the above as well?

This will making farming the correct gears for your particular heroes much easier I hope.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Confirmed the avarice set. Managed to get Lionheart actually have a 4 star epic priest with a 4* set on two boss runs.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I'm basically stuck in Ragnarok so I could probably fill in every possible piece that drops there at this point. Someone should just start a list on a google doc or something to organize it, maybe? For example, I know Ragnarok area also drops Lakeside / Battlegear of Mallard the Advisor sets (and the Mallard the Advisor 2-hand) and some other ones as well.

E: some other items from there:
4* DC Droid shield for warriors (DC Droid character)
3* Jaffar hat for mages (Lost Catacombs destiny)
3* Commander Crane bottoms for warriors (Lakeside destiny)
2* Scheherazade top for mages (Arabian Nights)

3* rare unit Fortibus (mage, destiny: Alchemy Lab

Clocks fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 15, 2014

IrregularOreos
Oct 26, 2010
Google docs would be good, letting people add any drops they get at each stage. I think it should include each individual stage, not just the overall dungeon group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anyone know what the deal with the star rating in relation to max level is? I pulled a 4 star rare but his max level is 15 is that all just random or is there a reason for that?

• Locked thread