Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Is there a way to raise Star Level at all? I have an Epic 1 Star but I am not sure if that is fixed or if he can be higher or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

MarcusSA posted:

Anyone know what the deal with the star rating in relation to max level is? I pulled a 4 star rare but his max level is 15 is that all just random or is there a reason for that?

I'm pretty sure star rating is about how powerful and how much they cost. Level 15 is the max for rare and 20 for epic as far as I can tell. A 3 star rare is going to be more powerful than a 1 star epic (maybe gear changes this?) A 1 star epic is pretty powerful for a cost of 8 though so its pretty easy to squeeze one in, unlike a massive 32 cost rare powerhouse.

You'll probably not run into cost issues until you get a bit further and have multiple 3 star rares and suddenly it hits you, I didn't run into issues with it until the 4th area or so it's pretty generous and goes up as you level.

edit: I'm completely wrong on the levels it might also have to do with star rating or destiny since I just got a 5* rare with a max level of 25.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 15, 2014

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Every so often an Epic hero will show up at the gates so you might want to think about keeping at least one spot open in your houses.

Rod Flanders
Dec 30, 2005

My hobbies include being quiet on long trips, clapping along with songs, and diabetes!

IrregularOreos posted:

27. Creatures of Wonderland The Incarnation of Avarice
29. Ragnarok Arabian Nights
31. Arabia Lost Catacombs

We should get a list going for gear like this.

25. Glowing Curses "Perseus" specific gear and Destiny "Perseus the Hero" can be found here

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I created a spreadsheet. Wasn't sure how to structure it, but anyone can edit it.

I think it's important to remember that there are (at least) 3 special dream jobs per dungeon (listed under collections) and I believe all of those have their own armor sets. I'm guessing divided into mage/warrior/priest. Those might be spread around different areas, so it's important to distinguish say, if the Lakeside set you're talking about is the mage set, or the warrior set, or what. Just by looking at my previous post about Ragnarok, I had the following drop while I was bothering to write it down:

4* DC Droid shield for warriors, 3* Jaffar hat for mages (Catacombs destiny), 3* Commander Crane bottoms for warriors (Lakeside destiny), 2* epic Scheherazade top for mages (Arabian Nights), and a couple 3* items from Mallard the Advisor sets, including the 2h weapon (Lakeside, I think mage?... or priest?). Oh, and a 3* mage hero drop as well.

So it's a bit more nuanced than "this set drops here." Or maybe each area just has a bunch of sets it drops? And I'm also not sure how tied it is to each stage, or if it's just for the whole area (although most of my hero drops have been in the later or last boss stages).

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.

Clocks posted:

I created a spreadsheet. Wasn't sure how to structure it, but anyone can edit it.

I think it's important to remember that there are (at least) 3 special dream jobs per dungeon (listed under collections) and I believe all of those have their own armor sets. I'm guessing divided into mage/warrior/priest. Those might be spread around different areas, so it's important to distinguish say, if the Lakeside set you're talking about is the mage set, or the warrior set, or what. Just by looking at my previous post about Ragnarok, I had the following drop while I was bothering to write it down:

4* DC Droid shield for warriors, 3* Jaffar hat for mages (Catacombs destiny), 3* Commander Crane bottoms for warriors (Lakeside destiny), 2* epic Scheherazade top for mages (Arabian Nights), and a couple 3* items from Mallard the Advisor sets, including the 2h weapon (Lakeside, I think mage?... or priest?). Oh, and a 3* mage hero drop as well.

So it's a bit more nuanced than "this set drops here." Or maybe each area just has a bunch of sets it drops? And I'm also not sure how tied it is to each stage, or if it's just for the whole area (although most of my hero drops have been in the later or last boss stages).

Here's what I've come up with so far:

Each dungeon floor has a set of three destined epic heroes, and each epic hero has a rare "knock-off" version - same class and skills, same destiny, different name. I imagine there's at least one common version of each, too, but I just evict those poor bastards. Gear drops are named for the epic heroes, so the rare version of the hero (same class and destiny) can receive the armor set bonus (usually +2 to your elemental stat and a little bonus besides) but not from the weapon and off-hand. Each of these sets - the epic and rare heroes along with the named set - seems to drop from a specific raid zone. Any hero can wear any gear up to their star rating for stat boosts only, so you can gear up your new raiders in a hurry but you'll miss the set bonuses.

I got Marie Curious (2* epic mage, Suspicious Laboratory destiny) from Protector of the Sea Temple and her pants from Mermaid, both within Submarine Adventures, along with gear for Dark Knight Kein and Dark Priest Michelle (both 2* Castle of Doom heroes). I'd farmed up a slew of mismatched 1* gear from earlier raid zones, and I've only just started seeing 3* drops in Hellenia (zone 17), which makes sense that higher-tier drops are in harder dungeons. This also means that if you want to properly gear your lucky 4* heroes you'll need to be patient or hope to get lucky in the shop, so feel free to throw on the clownsuits.

Besides rarity, gear and heroes can gain bonuses, which seem to be straight stat boosts and nothing terribly exciting. Someone pointed out that if you get the same hero twice, you can use the copy as material to upgrade your first hero to increase your bonus, but they have to be exact copies. Feeding a rare version to its epic counterpart doesn't seem to have any special benefit.

e: I added a Dungeon Info tab to your sheet with an easy-to-follow (I hope) format, although anyone is welcome to clean it up. We could just take it upon ourselves to work on that wiki instead, too.

allsizesfitone fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 15, 2014

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I got a bunch (like 5) of Wolf Mask of Wolfie (Halloween Party zone) from the Ultramundane Fellows region, Hazardous Alien Species and Mensa Member Big Brain fights.

Of course they were better than what I had so now my raiding party looks like a bunch of furries. :sigh:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
When you go to Summon a hero at the Inn, there are what look to be 5 types of currency.

Displayed left to right: Friendship points, ??, Diamonds, ??, Epic Coupon

What are the ?? ones? I can't seem to find anything you can buy or summon with them.

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy

Phanatic posted:

When you go to Summon a hero at the Inn, there are what look to be 5 types of currency.

Displayed left to right: Friendship points, ??, Diamonds, ??, Epic Coupon

What are the ?? ones? I can't seem to find anything you can buy or summon with them.

Friendship Points, Friendship Coupon, Diamonds, Hero Coupon, Epic Coupon.

Also I've added some drops and epic hero information to the spreadsheet.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Finally get an epic character and he's a completely worthless priest with awful skills. Ah well.

The game's pretty neat, I just wish there was a little more to it. Seems like with a few more tweaks it could be great, and less identical to tiny towers. Also, I noticed it was made by a dev team of 6, instead of a huge 300-person Asian sweatshop. I like supporting poo poo like that. Hopefully the huge number of ads I cycle through while working is paying their bills, cause I don't have much reason to purchase anything.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Added some info into the spreadsheet.

For those who are into the completionist aspect of TT games, there's a lot to do here. Getting all the epic heroes for the collection and outfitting them. Otherwise I'm sure once they start doing events, that will be fun from a competitive/cooperative standpoint.

Chewbot posted:

The game's pretty neat, I just wish there was a little more to it. Seems like with a few more tweaks it could be great, and less identical to tiny towers. Also, I noticed it was made by a dev team of 6, instead of a huge 300-person Asian sweatshop. I like supporting poo poo like that. Hopefully the huge number of ads I cycle through while working is paying their bills, cause I don't have much reason to purchase anything.

From what I've heard, video ads don't do anything for the developers unless you actually click-through and download, I think.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Had 800 friend points and saw that there was some nice items in the item shop and decided what the heck, I'll throw them away there. Rolled 5 times and managed to get one each of the top row items. Got super stoked and then realized they are all 5* items and my top level warrior is 4* :suicide: Also added some information to the spreadsheet. I think it might get messy because I have an epic hero that is the same destiny as another listed, but my skills are different and I think it might have come from the Fire Festival hero pull since it grants percent damage to fire dungeons.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I just started this game, but I can't figure one crucial thing out: how do I change who is going on the raid? The new heroes I get can only seem to fight in the dungeons, while only the first three heroes seem to be able to raid.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Iunnrais posted:

I just started this game, but I can't figure one crucial thing out: how do I change who is going on the raid? The new heroes I get can only seem to fight in the dungeons, while only the first three heroes seem to be able to raid.

Yeah, I was confused by that, too. Then I figured it out, and posted it right after the OP:

Kheldarn posted:

I figured out how to change Raid Party Members. When you choose to do a Raid, it will show your Party. You can tap on someone in your party, and it will bring up their info. At the bottom is a button that says Leave Party. Tap that, and the person will leave. You can then pick someone else to occupy their spot.

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007
During a raid, I've noticed that the bars next to the ability buttons increase every time you pick up an orb (up to a max of ~5). What - if any - benefit is there to building up these bars before using an ability? Does it increase the duration of the ability or something?

AustinJ
Jul 12, 2006

You can't take the sky from me!
It seems to increase the 'amplitude' of the ability. I've only noticed it with the Mana Spring ability, but when I build up more orbs, it restores more MP per tick than when I activate it with only 1 or 2. I haven't noticed whether it also affects duration, though.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

AustinJ posted:

It seems to increase the 'amplitude' of the ability. I've only noticed it with the Mana Spring ability, but when I build up more orbs, it restores more MP per tick than when I activate it with only 1 or 2. I haven't noticed whether it also affects duration, though.

Try it with the Freeze mage spell or the protection priest spell. The diference in duration between 1 and 5 bars is pretty noticeable.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

It increases the effectiveness of the ability. So, either longer duration, or more damage (or more of whatever the effect is, such as regaining HP/MP, more shields, etc) or a combinations. It's almost always better to try to get the skill up to as many orbs as you can before using it, unless you're using a skill to 'skip' it to get to the next one, or whatever.

Which is another thing that might not be immediately obvious -- your will cycle the skills of your party members. If you have two warriors, it will cycle between their skills as you use them in order. You can change the order the skills appear by changing the order of your team, by using those little arrow buttons above the character if they're sitting next to someone of their class.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Is getting drops from raids affected by anything other than RNG? To get more hero or item drops is it just a matter of repeatedly doing the raids?

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
So I've gotten two of the rare dungeon mobs in two of the highest level dungeons- ragnarok and zombie twilight. Ragnarok cost 38,000 just to fight the guy. I'd have to say not worth it, both just gave me garbage. The best thing I got was a friendship coupon. Too bad saving heroes in the cages just puts them in your random hero queue. Whoopie, they shaved 2 mins off a 1.5 hour timer.

Raymn: I could be crazy but it really seems like the longer the boss fight takes, the more drops I get. If I use a badass friend hero and beat it quickly I often get no loot, whereas on the occasions it has gone into frenzy/overtime I've gotten 3 or 4 chests. Could just be coincidence. Other than that, it's just straight grinding as far as can tell.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Chewbot posted:

Raymn: I could be crazy but it really seems like the longer the boss fight takes, the more drops I get. If I use a badass friend hero and beat it quickly I often get no loot, whereas on the occasions it has gone into frenzy/overtime I've gotten 3 or 4 chests. Could just be coincidence. Other than that, it's just straight grinding as far as can tell.

It was my impression too that longer fights tended to give more loot but it seemed odd so I wasn't sure. Thanks!

IrregularOreos
Oct 26, 2010
So it looks like the droplist has been discovered. Each dungeon area drops the rare sets of 2* warrior/mage/priest and 3* warrior/mage/priest (or 3/4 at the later dungeons) for a specific destiny. For example, stage 25 Glowing Curses drops the sets of Perseus/??/Danae and Knut/Penpen/Bonobono, the 2* and 3* warrior/mage/priest of destinies Perseus the hero and Outlaws of Winterland respectively.

Epic drops looks like a different list. They can either be the epic version of the above rare sets, or epic items of specific heroes (Scheherazade, Jaffar, Sally Salt plus others).

Doesn't look like the specific dungeon stage matters, besides maybe higher drop chance?

Chewbot posted:

Ragnarok cost 38,000 just to fight the guy.

Gold quickly becomes a non-issue by the mid/end game, both from raid dungeons but moreso from selling loot.

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

I've been playing as SpclKen add me, this is really fun

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
May as well start adding goons as friends. I'm in as Iunnrais.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Having a party with a combo of mage's Freeze ability and priest's Slow ability is easy mode.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

IrregularOreos posted:

So it looks like the droplist has been discovered. Each dungeon area drops the rare sets of 2* warrior/mage/priest and 3* warrior/mage/priest (or 3/4 at the later dungeons) for a specific destiny. For example, stage 25 Glowing Curses drops the sets of Perseus/??/Danae and Knut/Penpen/Bonobono, the 2* and 3* warrior/mage/priest of destinies Perseus the hero and Outlaws of Winterland respectively.

Epic drops looks like a different list. They can either be the epic version of the above rare sets, or epic items of specific heroes (Scheherazade, Jaffar, Sally Salt plus others).

Doesn't look like the specific dungeon stage matters, besides maybe higher drop chance?

Gold quickly becomes a non-issue by the mid/end game, both from raid dungeons but moreso from selling loot.

Where are you getting this info?

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Does that drop list include any info on where I can get items for my avatar Crescentius the Mage? Her destiny is the wizards tower and I haven't come across any items with that destiny yet.

IrregularOreos
Oct 26, 2010

The Hebug posted:

Where are you getting this info?

There are a couple of spreadsheets floating around on Reddit and TA with drops, including our own. It's by no means confirmed or complete, but it looks to be the case. I guess the best indicator that it's correct is that I've been able to grind complete sets for multiple heroes using this rule, including Suzy Snowstorm, Jaffar, Scheherazade, Perseus, etc.

Dear Watson posted:

Does that drop list include any info on where I can get items for my avatar Crescentius the Mage? Her destiny is the wizards tower and I haven't come across any items with that destiny yet.

What star rating is it? Most 4* and all 5* heroes don't have any dungeons with their drops yet. And I don't think I've seen any Wizards Tower destinies floating around on any drops list yet as well.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

sixtynineboyzzzz

Avatar is a 5* epic tank with 756 DEF and 9011 HP. If your avatar is a priest with Mana Spring, please add me.

Social Media fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 20, 2014

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

I must be dense, but I finally think I understand the dungeons now. Crit rating is 5% for each class type that you have in there with an additional bonus 5% for having all 3 types. The damage done in a dungeon is the attack in that color and they are usually strong in the color of their destiny. Additionally because you can grant elemental bonuses to a single color with a house you want to stack all the same destiny color types in a house. Not sure how the color attacks increase yet, have not really been paying that much attention to gear upgrades and level ups.

Edit: also as others mentioned each person who is in a dungeon with their destiny adds 30% gold with a 10% bonus for all 3.

mephology fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 17, 2014

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

I started adding loot drops to this google doc from reddit which seems more complete than ours.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ys7w9Pq6OGYtRo5DywvhLwJCeKv09fS3kNdW4dxwW8/edit#gid=296260705

Also I still have room for some more friends @ hebug.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
In as Literally_sa.
My most successful strat so far is to lean heavily on mages and use the %boost at 3 orbs raid ability to greatly raise my dps/orb by triggering mage every time 3 are up.
Echoing the OP - level a mana spring priest if at all possible.

Literally Esoteric fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Oct 17, 2014

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.

The Hebug posted:

I started adding loot drops to this google doc from reddit which seems more complete than ours.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ys7w9Pq6OGYtRo5DywvhLwJCeKv09fS3kNdW4dxwW8/edit#gid=296260705

Clocks posted:

Looking at both sheets seems to confirm a few things: Gear drops are entire sets across one or more raid zone, so there's no need to list Helm of ____ separately from Top of ____. If the rare version drops, whether it's a hero or a piece of gear, the epic version probably drops in the same spot. We still need more data on hero drops since most of those are listed as the zone after gear for that hero begins to drop (and most gear seems to be available across two zones), but hero drops I've received tend to be of the same element of either the current zone or the one after. I should really take notes when I'm actually playing so I can add more to the drop lists.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

IrregularOreos posted:

What star rating is it? Most 4* and all 5* heroes don't have any dungeons with their drops yet. And I don't think I've seen any Wizards Tower destinies floating around on any drops list yet as well.

Yeah she is a 4*. Any idea on when they are going to add more raids?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

The Hebug posted:

Shame this doesn't appear to be edit-able by other people. I don't involve myself with reddit. I was hoping you could add 'notes' to the raids like in the spreadsheet I started -- sometimes it helps to know if the boss you're going into is going to have magic/physical immunity or whatever. It also doesn't specify whether something is mage/warrior/priest, which would be helpful.

ALSO, I just realized -- for some heroes, there are both rare AND epic sets of armor. For example, out of boredom, I was grinding out sets for some of my lower-star epics and I finished a set for Danae, except I realized one of the pieces was an epic and in its own set (and a different color etc). Interesting. e: but you still get a set bonus if you have, say, two of the rare pieces and one of the epic pieces. Nice.

Clocks fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 17, 2014

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Clocks posted:

Shame this doesn't appear to be edit-able by other people. I don't involve myself with reddit. I was hoping you could add 'notes' to the raids like in the spreadsheet I started -- sometimes it helps to know if the boss you're going into is going to have magic/physical immunity or whatever. It also doesn't specify whether something is mage/warrior/priest, which would be helpful.

ALSO, I just realized -- for some heroes, there are both rare AND epic sets of armor. For example, out of boredom, I was grinding out sets for some of my lower-star epics and I finished a set for Danae, except I realized one of the pieces was an epic and in its own set (and a different color etc). Interesting. e: but you still get a set bonus if you have, say, two of the rare pieces and one of the epic pieces. Nice.

Not my creation, the original author is protective of it for whatever reason.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So how does Upgrading a characer work? I have 2 that are Level 10/10, and I thought they'd be available to upgrade, but they're the only ones that don't have the Upgrade option...

Do I max out dudes, then use them up upgrade other characters?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kheldarn posted:

So how does Upgrading a characer work? I have 2 that are Level 10/10, and I thought they'd be available to upgrade, but they're the only ones that don't have the Upgrade option...

Do I max out dudes, then use them up upgrade other characters?

I think you can only upgrade Rare and epic. You can also only upgrade if they have the same name. You get a +1 next to them which is a stat bump, I've gotten 3 of the same guy and you only get a 50% chance going from +1 to +2, by the time you can likely + stuff you probably have a few 5 stars from your first 200 premium currency 11 guy pull and can probably use them. a 5* rare is going to be better than a 2* epic, and possibly a +5 2* epic though I have no data on the +s since my guy also leveled a few times when I upgraded him.

I'm assuming +5 is the max since that is the max for gear, at least rare gear. Its possible the max is +10 for epics. It kind of seems to be the thing.

edit: Also I have no idea if I got lucky as hell but save up for an 11 pull, I got 2 5* epics and a 5* rare with 2 more 4* rares and the rest being decent enough to cover dungeons I have or don't, most of them are chilling in storage until I unlock their dungeon.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Pretty drat lucky. I saved for the same 11 pull, 1 5* rare and 2 4* epics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Dear Watson posted:

Yeah she is a 4*. Any idea on when they are going to add more raids?

Limited time Halloween raids start on Oct 20

The Faraway Kingdom sub-reddit posted:

2. - [Halloween Raids!] October 20 ~ November 2

The evil creatures of Halloween is loose!
You must find them and defeat them! Of course, get some sweet loot in process!

October 20 - November 2

Choosing Costumes (Easy) : OPEN!
Pumpkin Carving (Normal : OPEN!
Trick or Treat! (Hard) : OPEN!

October 25 & 26, November 1 & 2

Desire and Attachment (Very Hard) : OPEN!

Make sure you don't miss the chance defeat these spooky creatures!

• Locked thread