Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I haven't played much lately. I have been moving and my new place doesn't have Internet yet. I'll be back up and raiding when I get everything all straighten out. Also I missed that 400 coupon day :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Looks like they just took down the servers. Got about 100 rolls in. Wonder if they will roll things back :shrug:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

mephology posted:

Looks like they just took down the servers. Got about 100 rolls in. Wonder if they will roll things back :shrug:

I would almost guaranty they will roll it back, or at least for anyone who actually abused what was pretty clearly a bug. I logged in about 20 minutes ago and I didn't get any login bonus for today period so they clearly were doing some damage control then pulled the plug anyway.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
server is down for me now

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Aww, I totally missed it. To be honest, I do hope they roll it back or do something about it, though. Especially since I didn't get to do anything about it.

Have people tried out the very hard dungeons? I won't lie -- my units are not that good (I only have two epic 5*s and one of them is a priest, and everything else isn't that fantastic) and I can only do the first stage like half the time (the other half I come down to just about killing him and failing).

JagGator posted:

Since people probably will be needing tons of gold for houses to hold this hero bonanza (or use for feeding dupes to each other for plusses), here is my tip for gold making:

27. The Creatures of Wonderland, Nonsensical Queen level

This drops 2+ chests almost every time, usually 3. I've actually gotten 4 chests more times than 0 or 1 chest. Soon you will have all the gear it can drop and then start raking in the gold from selling the extras.

Yeah, I have no clue why, but this stage definitely seems to drop a lot more chests than I usually get.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Got pretty rocked in the hardest dungeon. About 1min before my tank went splat. I have mostly 4 stars with a few 5 stars in all pretty decent gear but no pluses.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Clocks posted:

Have people tried out the very hard dungeons? I won't lie -- my units are not that good (I only have two epic 5*s and one of them is a priest, and everything else isn't that fantastic) and I can only do the first stage like half the time (the other half I come down to just about killing him and failing).

I feel I have a pretty decent team and got the first guy down to half HP before he enraged, it went downhill from there. That thing is clearly designed for people that have maxed characters, are the rewards decent? Or is it just better drop rates on 1* epics and 3* rares with the same loot and 1 diamond for clearing?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

pixaal posted:

I feel I have a pretty decent team and got the first guy down to half HP before he enraged, it went downhill from there. That thing is clearly designed for people that have maxed characters, are the rewards decent? Or is it just better drop rates on 1* epics and 3* rares with the same loot and 1 diamond for clearing?

I have no idea about the second two stages (I assume you'd get 1 diamond for clearing all three) but the drops are some pretty good 4* items and I assume 4* heroes if you got lucky.

mephology posted:

Got pretty rocked in the hardest dungeon. About 1min before my tank went splat. I have mostly 4 stars with a few 5 stars in all pretty decent gear but no pluses.

Yeah... my strategy is to have two tanks (one tank and one warrior, whatever) and to use the party skill that makes priests use less MP (otherwise mine run out). The tank I have has the skill that spreads damage across all available warriors which is useful to mitigate damage. Alternatively, it helps if you try to stunlock it (freeze/crush) as well. Using those moves and with a bit of luck, I can just about kill him, although he usually enrages and it's 50/50 whether I do enough damage to kill him in time.

Or I set it up wrong or get unlucky with my crits and then I just die like halfway in, haha. Especially because my party skill is no longer devoted to damage or crits.

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012
So they took away all the coupons, but didn't roll back the 100 or so heroes I was able to grab and make space for.

In fact, they gave 10 coupons "compensation". Hilarious!

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

JagGator posted:

So they took away all the coupons, but didn't roll back the 100 or so heroes I was able to grab and make space for.

Well now I feel like an idiot for only rolling 5 heroes before my conscience kicked in.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Was just going to post the same thing, kind of surprising.

Edit: moral of the story, exploit early and often.

Genki Means Energetic!
May 21, 2003
smells like the death
For anyone feeling bad about missing the friend coupons, I rolled over 150 times and got mostly crap. 3 1-star epic heroes, a couple of 5 star non epic heroes, and tons of 1-3 star generics. I did get a few dupes for upgrades.

The weekend very hard dungeons are brutal for those who have great mages and terrible warriors. I have a great 5-star tank, so healing is no problem, but the very hard monsters that have magic shields just destroy me unless I use ssnn's ridiculous warrior. Not sure I have any way to beat these guys except by getting lucky.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Tibeerius posted:

Well now I feel like an idiot for only rolling 5 heroes before my conscience kicked in.

Conscience! In a video game!!! HA!

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

I've run the first very hard dungeon 10 times now and not had a single thing drop :(

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

JagGator posted:

Hrm. Mine are still there. I didn't even think to check except I burned the 10 compensation coupons and saw that I could keep doing, so I actually looked and I have 399 left.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="436800132"]
I've run the first very hard dungeon 10 times now and not had a single thing drop :(

Yeah. I can kill the dude every time but he only seems to drop an item like 25% of the time. And I've killed him lots.

Although I did get an epic 4* warrior from him recently, so I guess it balanced out.

:L
Oct 28, 2004

JagGator posted:

Since people probably will be needing tons of gold for houses to hold this hero bonanza (or use for feeding dupes to each other for plusses), here is my tip for gold making:

27. The Creatures of Wonderland, Nonsensical Queen level

This drops 2+ chests almost every time, usually 3. I've actually gotten 4 chests more times than 0 or 1 chest. Soon you will have all the gear it can drop and then start raking in the gold from selling the extras.
Seriously no joke. This actually happened a few times, enough to where I decided I should actually take a picture for how frequent I was getting it. Like maybe once every five battles if I was lucky.

Edit: Yeah I took a picture of my ipad cause my phone was nearby and my brain is auto-tuned to take pictures with my phone rather than screenshotting my ipad. Oops :)

:L fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 28, 2014

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

:L posted:

Seriously no joke. This actually happened a few times, enough to where I decided I should actually take a picture for how frequent I was getting it. Like maybe once every five battles if I was lucky.
Uhh... is that a photo of your phone? You know you can take screenshots of what's on your screen, right? But yeah, for whatever reasons, that one stage drops a lot of loot.

So, the new heroes/dungeon/raid area came out:

5*, so they look pretty cool, and I also probably won't get them any time soon (I literally only have one epic 5*, oh well). And their page reached 10,000 likes, so everyone gets 50 free diamonds. (Too bad we probably won't reach the other milestones.)

Here are the new raid stages:

Stage 1: Big Old Tree: Giant Wood Elim - Attack Boost
Stage 2: Ghost Forest: Haunted Tree - Focused Attacks & Defense Boost
Stage 3: Forest Giant: Giant - Attack Boost, Defense Boost, & Brandish
Stage 4: Green Giant: Green Giant - Magic Shield & Attack Boost (shield lasts like a good 25s, bring some warriors)
Stage 5: Infected Swamp: Big Spider - Magic Shield, Attack Boost & Brandish (also long-lasting shield)
Stage 6: Starving Ogre: Ogre - Attack Boost, Focused Attacks, & Brandish
Stage 7: Forest of Dragon (great title there): Earth Dragon - Physical Shield, Defense Boost, Attack Boost & Brandish

Stages 4&5 have long-lasting magic shields, so bring 4 warriors with you. Stages 6 and 7 have a lot of damage -- stage 7 the warriors I brought actually died like halfway through, but I brute-forced it with lots of magic. I only got like three or four drops the whole time I was going through this section and they were all drops you could get in the previous one, too, but there's probably some kind of new equipment here, too.

edit I totally missed the fact that there are new event dungeons for the new heroes, too. Time to do those!

Clocks fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 27, 2014

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

:L posted:

Yeah, that place is bonkers for loot. Was running that a ton yesterday. Have yet to see a 5 drop, but 4s are really common and 0s almost never happen. It is at least 1-2 chests higher than other places.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
Here's a google doc for sharing heroes' baseline stats.

Does anyone know the element of the new 5* guys?

For anyone struggling with a low * team I'm currently getting by with a 3* tank, 5* rare dps warrior, 3* tara tulip (maxes at only 1k power), a 3* rare dia dea (the rare tara tulip), and a 5* rare priest. Most of my gem pulls have been priests which sucks since you want as few as you can get away with.

Another easy option for a mage seems to be 2* epic mage scheherezade since her gear drops easily from 26~28 and you can also get her to drop sometimes too and with full kit she's about 900~1k.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Pan Ache posted:

Does anyone know the element of the new 5* guys?

They're all fire to match the new fire dungeon they go into.

Anyway, as for the event, it drops the new heroes' 5* gear, so if you actually have any 5* heroes, it's a good place to go. The first boss (on all difficulties) drops warrior gear, the second mage, and the third priest I think (unlike other areas where it's all mixed in).

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

It's weird that they would add more epic 5* fire heroes when there's no 5* water heroes. That means that fire week is the best time to rip summons since you have 2x the chance of 5* and more 4*/5* series than any other color combined. Star would be second best. And fire's previous weakness, that they had no 5* tank is also fixed.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Erm wow, apparently you can get 6 loot.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I did another 11 pull with and I got a duplicate epic 4* mage. What are people doing with their dupe epics? I'm not quite sure if feeding them to each other is the right approach when it comes to the 4*'s and higher.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

So I did another 11 pull with and I got a duplicate epic 4* mage. What are people doing with their dupe epics? I'm not quite sure if feeding them to each other is the right approach when it comes to the 4*'s and higher.

You feed one epic to the other one and that gives the surviver bonus stats. It is a pretty small bonus though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shwqa posted:

You feed one epic to the other one and that gives the surviver bonus stats. It is a pretty small bonus though.

Yeah I know but what I'm asking is if it would even be worth it to blow a 4* on that.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I think I'd just feed it to the first one. Unless you really need another 4* mage, then I guess you can level both up.

edit: Very Hard dungeons are back for the weekend. Halloween ones, and a new one that I'm not sure what drops yet because the two battles I did didn't drop anything.
Since I last posted I got a new 5* tank and a new 5* priest (that I haven't geared up yet) so hopefully the tank will make everything a lot easier. It has something like 1300 defense right now.

Clocks fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 31, 2014

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
As I reason it, it only makes sense to have one hero for each slot (e.g. mage in Ancient Legends) in the dungeons. So if I have an epic and a rare with the same slot, I feed the rare to the epic. If I have two rares or two epics for the same slot, I feed the newer one to the older one. It can get expensive, but it keeps my hero count down.

I wish the spreadsheets were more complete about drops and epics that you can get from the various raids :(

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Axiem posted:

As I reason it, it only makes sense to have one hero for each slot (e.g. mage in Ancient Legends) in the dungeons. So if I have an epic and a rare with the same slot, I feed the rare to the epic. If I have two rares or two epics for the same slot, I feed the newer one to the older one. It can get expensive, but it keeps my hero count down.

I wish the spreadsheets were more complete about drops and epics that you can get from the various raids :(

Well, if you don't have three of a given dungeon yet you might want to hold on to the duplicate until you do - the bonus money is worth more than the crit you'll lose for not doing 1 of each type.

:L
Oct 28, 2004

Besides raid diamonds, are there any other sort of rewards associated with the Halloween dungeons that popped up? Just like the ending of the game, I was disappointed that once again, the game doesn't even acknowledge you when you finish everything and acts like nothing happened... Dammit! Validate my effort and hard work! Oh well, back to the grind.

Speaking of which, what else is everyone doing during their Late game (finished all dungeons, more or less maxed out houses and dream job/dungeons) ? Is it just basically replaying the queen in level 27 to build up the best equipment for everyone / make tons of money selling what I don't need? At this point I'm starting to get a little burnt out on the game as I rarely get a new piece of equipment that is stronger than anything I currently own, and I've got the highest level and rarity of heroes my points can afford... With new members ready to rotate in once my hero point cap raises. While this game has been fun on the whole, I can't help but wonder how awesome this game could've been if it was a bit more detailed and had some game mechanics changed here and there. Oh well, still was worth the time.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

The halloween dungeons have the chance to drop heroes (including epic heroes) for Halloween Party & Insomnia, and Temple of Death (for the very hard ones). They also drop the respective equipment for those heroes (including epic drops).

The newest very hard dungeon drops some kind of piratey gear/heroes that is 4* rating.

The Lord of the Earrings drops 5* items (warrior, mage, priest drops in that order of stages) which is where you'll want to be grinding if you have any 5*s you want to outfit that you don't have their set pieces for. Not sure if they drop any of the heroes, but it's all meant for the newest fire stage/heroes.

Basically, I recommend grinding event dungeons because they have the chance of dropping specific epic heroes and their equipment. On the bright side, there's a new set of heroes / new dungeon / new raid set coming this monday (including probably new event raids) and at some point they're going to put in some kind of world boss and other mechanics.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did anyone else have trouble with today's weekend log-in bonus?

The mailbox said I'd receive ten premium coupons, but they didn't transfer to the Inn.

It sucks because my dungeon expansion has outpaced the heroes I have for each area.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I got 10 diamonds. I assumed the 10 premium coupons was a typo in the letter.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
I got an Aietos (epic 5*, shadow, warrior, tank). Any ideas on where I should farm gear for him?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I Love Topanga posted:

I got an Aietos (epic 5*, shadow, warrior, tank). Any ideas on where I should farm gear for him?

Uh, the shop? His gear doesn't drop anywhere yet. Or you can fight stage 1 of the Lord of Earrings quests because that drops 5* warrior gear. I have him myself - he's a great tank.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
Thanks

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

I started a spreadsheet to track the base stats of heroes so it'd be possible to compare one to the other in a vacuum. I think I set it so people can add their own heroes.

For example, comparing the 4* jeon uchi I just got to everything else I'd be inclined to keep any other 4* epics since they probably have better stats than every one of your non-5*s available.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Pan Ache posted:

I started a spreadsheet to track the base stats of heroes so it'd be possible to compare one to the other in a vacuum. I think I set it so people can add their own heroes.

For example, comparing the 4* jeon uchi I just got to everything else I'd be inclined to keep any other 4* epics since they probably have better stats than every one of your non-5*s available.

I'd just recommend using this spreadsheet since it has all sorts of random data in it now. (linked to the stats of heroes part).

Anyway, new heroes/dungeon/raid/event released. I tried an 11-pull to see if I could get one of the new 5*s and nope, no luck. Also haven't heard of anyone getting a drop from the event dungeons (it would be a 5*, so if it exists as a drop it's probably pretty drat rare).

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.
Android release!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I updated the OP with the android link and the loot drop google doc. Any other information that should be in there?

• Locked thread