Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fire is the hottest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
:goonsay:

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Fire is the hottest.

i agree but personally im rooting for an underdog now. Miss Accountant

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i agree but personally im rooting for an underdog now. Miss Accountant

a match made in heaven

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

this episode was really funny.

----------------

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I stopped watching the show, is fire still the hottest.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I stopped watching the show, is fire still the hottest.

yes but the elemental girls havent gotten a lot of screen time yet. i am sure when it is their time to shine it will be great

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Having an actual dragon flying around over your park seems like it would be really good publicity.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I hope we get to see what the mascots look like when they're in disguise stealth form sometime during this season.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Bracing for inevitable Elemental fairy idol concert

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Xelkelvos posted:

Bracing for inevitable Elemental fairy idol concert

Kyoani has precedents for random one off idol segments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppUE0JKLhEc

ultimatemegax
Feb 20, 2006

Damn Kiva symbols....

Daedalus1134 posted:

It also helps when you have the series composer of Love Live writing the script/series to put in a ridiculous episode like that. That's not the case here. (Hanada argued for that episode and he's not on the writing staff for this series)

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Daedalus1134 posted:

For all its faults, Kyoukai was really well-animated and knew how to parody certain common tropes when it felt like it. (For those who didn't watch the series, these flashbacks were never actually portrayed in the series and it's a huge pisstake.)

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Daedalus1134 posted:

i don't understand what just happened in that video.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Voting this for most :shobon: show of the season.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Neeksy posted:

For all its faults, Kyoukai was really well-animated and knew how to parody certain common tropes when it felt like it. (For those who didn't watch the series, these flashbacks were never actually portrayed in the series and it's a huge pisstake.)

If every episode was like that idol episode it would have been a good show. Alas, light novel-y teen angst was their MO.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation
The idol episode was when I realised I hated Kyoukai no Kanata.

I like comedy and slapstick (eg this entire show) but not when it's so utterly tone-deaf compared to the rest of the production. It stuck out like a sore thumb, and not in a good way.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Xythar posted:

The idol episode was when I realised I hated Kyoukai no Kanata.

I like comedy and slapstick (eg this entire show) but not when it's so utterly tone-deaf compared to the rest of the production. It stuck out like a sore thumb, and not in a good way.

Well yes, it had a lot of faults. But again, the visuals were drat good and were prettymuch the highlight of the whole thing. Sadly the tone and story were pretty off.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Daedalus1134 posted:

It would actually make sense in context since they have that gigantic venue (stadium) just waiting to be filled with a crowd.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Episode 6 is out, I was laughing quite a bit!

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation
That cut was fantastic. Reminded me of Nichijou, which is a really good thing because Nichijou owned.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
The mascots are what makes this show. The catguy watching that AV had me in stitches.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

The mascots are what makes this show. The catguy watching that AV had me in stitches.

The disconnect between what they say and their appearance and voice is the best part.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

this show is really funny. the interviews were great

----------------

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Wow, that was a really loving good episode. I hope they can keep up with that level of awesomeness.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
That AV joke was probably one of the best end of episode payoff gags I've seen in a good while. :allears:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I like how much they played up the AV thing and the contrast with her personality was already a good gag by setting up audience expectations and kicking the chair out from under them, but then added yet another gag with the twist of what she meant by "AV".

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This amusement park and its staff would be right at home in the Ace Attorney universe.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Nate RFB posted:

This amusement park and its staff would be right at home in the Ace Attorney universe.

They need to get into Legal Trouble and get a nervous novice attourney with a weird psychic sidekick.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen
I did some subtitle editing before watching

edit: vvv good

Outer Science fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 10, 2014

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Outer Science posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EPM3odPEb4

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Outer Science posted:

edit: vvv good

This is beautiful. You are beautiful.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Yeah, this last episode owns and anyone who isn't watching this show should. It's nice to know that KyoAni still knows how to adapt Shoji Gatoh's works to make them really stand out.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This is definitely the feel-good anime of the year.

Also watch the new episode. It has a pirate ship!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shark guy and dolphin samurai own. Not convinced by the amount of panning over still shots in the last episode though.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Tiramie for best mascot.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
I loved this episode so much. I could tell that this was their "budget" episode, but a Kyoani budget episode is better looking than most others I've seen. Shark guy was the best.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
This was a Good Episode.
The mascots are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That should wouldn't be half as good without the secondary characters.

• Locked thread