Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Listen. According to the rules of debate, it is necessary for the party making a positive claim to assert evidence. So far I have seen zero evidence that in any way shape or form "proves" that a mythical place called Portugal exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
This is supposed to be a picture of Portugal. Looks fake as poo poo, imo.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i don't follow rules man.

i break em.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

nomadologique posted:

lol i remember going to greece for the first time and driving on the highways and feeling so superior

"this is what you call highways?"

ho ho ho

This was my trip to Michigan and Illinois also

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

poo poo those are probably gonna end up choking little fish and sea turtles to death what a shame

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Costello Jello posted:

This is supposed to be a picture of Portugal. Looks fake as poo poo, imo.

whoever photoshopped this made a couple of rookie mistakes- the sky is made of umbrellas instead of sky, for example, NAND the car is on the wrong side of the street.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Every time some new landmass is discovered people are just like "Oh, that's Portugal then" until it gets proven that it's not Portugal and then every time there's a convoy to East Nigeria or the Belgian Americas the whole process gets repeated again.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

notice the complete lack of portugal goons in this thread

they don't exist because portugal does not exist

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

gently caress that poo poo.

argondamn posted:

notice the complete lack of portugal goons in this thread

they don't exist because portugal does not exist

Portuguese people are the FYAD postcounts of the world.

Camoes posted:

I thought I lived in Portugal but gently caress, now I'm not sure.

Hey mang, thanks for holding on to that loving book during your naufrįgio, loving thing made my life miserable in the 10th grade.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
the really terrible blurring in that photo bothers me I mean poo poo do it right

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Nycticeius posted:

Hey mang, thanks for holding on to that loving book during your naufrįgio, loving thing made my life miserable in the 10th grade.

NP, that's what I was aiming for.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm supposed to go to Portugal in three weeks. This is very unsettling.

JustTerrible
Apr 30, 2008
Portugal's a side-effect of reptoid mating rituals. Everyone knows that.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Pvt Dancer posted:

lol did you buy a ticket to atlantis too

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
Not going waste my time trying to educate you. You are a moron. gently caress off. Voted 1.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Pvt Dancer posted:

You've been had.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
I went to Lisbon once and at nighttime the city was completely pitch black except for the streetlights. No lights in any of the windows. I think it's because the actors pretending to be Portuguese go back home to Spain once the workday is over.

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
'Being Portuguese' is just like 'having autism'. Lots of people say they have it, but there's no evidence they aren't just morons looking for an excuse.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

I have never seen any convincing evidence that the so called country of "Portugal" exists. It is a myth that no one wants to falsify because it is imperative to the powers that be as a form of social control. Wake up and realize that there is zero evidence for this place's existence.

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
Obvious grey in disguise, look at that hat.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

argondamn posted:

How did the country of Spain not eat Portugal.

actually it almost did after they got hilariously owned by Morocco and became Spain's bitch for like a 100 years.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

confirmed Portug exists

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Has anyopne ever posted from Portugal>?

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Remember that Spain had a dictator until 1975?

That's some crazy poo poo, I bet he just invented the idea of Portugal so that his subjects had a common "enemy" to hate. Like he had a whole Ministry of Propaganda and they invented this really silly-sounding language and had actors pretend to be bumbling Portuguese on sitcoms they ran on state television.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im posting from a bowling alley in porto

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

What was that dictator's name? Franco.

mods knew

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Its like if the dictator of France was named Spaino. Weird.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I spent 6 months in the Azores, allegedly a possession of Portugal, but have never been in Portugal proper.

Having no direct evidence to the contrary, I will entertain OP's hypothesis. But, if there is no Portugal, who do the Azores belong to?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Otisburg posted:

I spent 6 months in the Azores, allegedly a possession of Portugal, but have never been in Portugal proper.

Having no direct evidence to the contrary, I will entertain OP's hypothesis. But, if there is no Portugal, who do the Azores belong to?

Spain or possibly Morocco.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Smoking Crow posted:

Spain or possibly Morocco.

That actually makes way more sense, thanks.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

if portugal doesnt exist then what does the green part on the spanish flag mean :rolleyes:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ive read a thing or two about the current state of spain and i do not think they are capable of maintaining a long-running fiction like "portugal". i think this goes deeper than that.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Bro Dad posted:

if portugal doesnt exist then what does the green part on the spanish flag mean :rolleyes:

It represents the former Muslims of Iberia that were then kicked out.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

ive read a thing or two about the current state of spain and i do not think they are capable of maintaining a long-running fiction like "portugal". i think this goes deeper than that.

You don't know who's at the top of this, and that's good. Get out now. For God's sake man, I'm here on borrowed time. I'm going to get disappeared any moment now just for the little I've shared.

If I get probated by Spanish Manlove, then you know that Portugal doesn't exist.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
is it the germans? i bet its the germans. wily boche are always up to some business like inventing portugal for realpolitik reason.s

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

portugal has a rich history of getting their poo poo kicked in by napoleon that one time

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Why did you remove South Sudan?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

lol henry the "navigator" couldn't even find portugal on a map

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

Bro Dad posted:

weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I snogged a babe in Portugal.

• Locked thread