Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
N:

V: This was a good weekend of football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006
Still the same old sorry rear end Rams.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hoping Clowney is back this week, there's about a 50/50 chance. Watt and Clowney chasing Roethlisberger forever

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

gently caress you, there should have been a Cowboys reference in the title. We won the best game in the last 3 years of our franchise.

edit: I'm a big dummy

blue squares fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 14, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

blue squares posted:

gently caress you, there should have been a Cowboys reference in the title. We won the best game in the last 3 years of our franchise.

Should have been quicker on the new thread draw I guess

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ospreys are water birds of prey so I'll take it I guess. I learned this from Animorphs

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

blue squares posted:

An Osprey is a Seahawk

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006
Also lambs is the better term to use to insult us, at least it rhymes.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

N:

V: This was a good weekend of football.

Thank you for using my image. Kali bless us all

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I have to say I am experiencing a sensation of shock that a team coached by Jeff Fisher is both undisciplined and full of assholes

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is amazing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

I have to say I am experiencing a sensation of shock that a team coached by Jeff Fisher is both undisciplined and full of assholes

Wait, what did we do tonight? It was probably our least chippy divisional game in years.

Edit: Honestly though, how much longer does Fisher have in St. Louis? We'll fire him after our first year back in LA, right?

only temporary fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 14, 2014

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

I feel so bad for Matt Ryan, at least he can commiserate with Cutler about having Carimi protect him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

only temporary posted:

Wait, what did we do tonight? It was probably our least chippy divisional game in years.

For the undisciplined part, the TD at the end of the first half. For the rear end in a top hat part, the fight the broke out toward the end of the fourth at the goalline

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

For the undisciplined part, the TD at the end of the first half. For the rear end in a top hat part, the fight the broke out toward the end of the fourth at the goalline

Janoris has always given up TD's like that, unfortunately. I mean, maybe he could get better, but it's still his third year, he still has time to perfect his game. Also, it wasn't really much of a fight, that kind of thing happens on a weekly basis between divisional rivals.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

only temporary posted:

Edit: Honestly though, how much longer does Fisher have in St. Louis? We'll fire him after our first year back in LA, right?

It's his third year with them and they've shown improvements in some aspects, and no change at all in others, but are probably going to have a worse record then either of his prior two years. I'd argue he overperformed at least his first year with one of the worst rosters in the league, but with the sheer number of draft picks they have had, this team shouldn't be as mismatched as they often show they are.

I think if they're moving to LA, they fire Fisher and suspect they hire the biggest name on the market they can get.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Marty :getin:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kalli posted:

I think if they're moving to LA, they fire Fisher and suspect they hire the biggest name on the market they can get.

Rex Ryan in LA you say? :unsmigghh:

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006
Who is the biggest name on the market, though? Bob Stoops is the only one I can think of, and he doesn't seem like much of an LA guy.

Edit: I forgot about Gruden. It's gotta be him, right?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Kalli posted:

They give Gruden the biggest contract in history

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

only temporary posted:

Who is the biggest name on the market, though? Bob Stoops is the only one I can think of, and he doesn't seem like much of an LA guy.

Yeah, I was trying to think of names, but the guys I can think of are just too old or have been in comfortable TV gigs. There's gotta be some NCAA coach that's about to eat some NCAA sanctions that wants $7m a year though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kevin Sumlin? Or maybe Ray Horton finally gets that HC gig

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Athanatos posted:

They give Gruden the biggest contract in history
They're gonna have to since at this point I'm sure he prefers his cushy TV gig over the daily rigors of being a head coach.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Once in Madden 04 Favre retired and then came back to coach.

So that's my answer.

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Athanatos posted:

Once in Madden 04 Favre retired and then came back to coach.

So that's my answer.

Favre coaching Austin Davis to the Super Bowl. Confirmed.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

They're gonna have to since at this point I'm sure he prefers his cushy TV gig over the daily rigors of being a head coach.

Yeah I think a lot of people don't realize that NFL head coaches work like 80 hour weeks, collecting a fat check for three hours a week must feel like heaven to Gruden

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fell behind on N/V from last week, but nfl.com reported that the Niners almost cut Gore this offseason. That can't be true can it?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Intruder posted:

Fell behind on N/V from last week, but nfl.com reported that the Niners almost cut Gore this offseason. That can't be true can it?

Baalke refuted it this morning, so it depends on whether you believe anything the media reports on the 49ers or not I guess. :shrug:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

Like everything reported about the Niners this year it came out thanks to an anonymous source and the Niners immediately went, "What? No."

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Why did the 9ers become the new media whipping boy?

Not that they dont deserve it being the 9ers and all, but seems to have picked up here last 2 years.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Please no one take Todd Bowles from us, tia

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Intruder posted:

At this point I think that Baalke and Harbaugh and Jed issued instructions that the junior office staff should "leak" any random bullshit they can come up with and see if the media will bite.

I can believe there's unscrupulous goings on regarding Ray McDonald.

I can believe there's discontent about Harbaugh.

I can even believe there's people who think Harbaugh is on his way out the door.

But I cannot believe the Niners were considering cutting Frank Gore over the summer. That's just beyond plausibility.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 14, 2014

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Athanatos posted:

Not that they dont deserve it being the 9ers and all, but seems to have picked up here last 2 years.

Successful and a black quarterback.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Athanatos posted:

It's super easy to create a media narrative about them based on "anonymous sources."

Say that players hate Harbaugh. poo poo, you all hate Harbaugh, it's easy to believe. Try forming the same narrative about like, Mike Smith or Marvin Lewis and nobody will buy it.

Then after you've crafted this narrative you can just say whatever, "Frank Gore was going to be cut!"

"Well I believe it, with all that turmoil and all!"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mike Williams wants out of Buffalo, anyone need a decent, tall receiver?

e: wow he's actually not that tall, just has hops

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Ian Rapoport probably got into a fight with a 49ers fan in a bathroom or in the parking lot at some point last year and has decided to take his anger out against the team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: deleted! I think I got :thejoke: ed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Luke Wilson IS Roger Goddell IN the concussion movie.

• Locked thread