Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crap
Nov 3, 2012

The art of japanimation, or anime, has made great strides since it's creation in the early 1900s to be a real art form and not just wank material for pedophiles, because of these advancements, it's ok to jack off to it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Crap posted:

The art of japanimation, or anime, has made great strides since it's creation in the early 1900s to be a real art form and not just wank material for pedophiles, because of these advancements, it's ok to jack off to it now.

hosed up if true.

Thankfully it is not. If you like anime you're a paedophile sorry.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

hosed up if true.

Please do not derail the Animeis not for pedophiles thread.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Quote-Unquote posted:

hosed up if true.

I would like to also suggest Kiki's Delivery Service and Spirited Away as beginner's anime.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
Mushishi is very good and oddly relaxing despite being a horror anime where a little girl's eyes get eaten by a magical parasite in one of the earlier episodes.

Planettes is one of the better space shows imo, realistic physics and great characters. Even the office temp gets character development. And in one episode Faye's nicotine addiction saves the day from terrorists.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

no they will not posted:

Please do not derail the Animeis not for pedophiles thread.

Holy poo poo, best mod ever!

And I mean that unironically

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Anime: not just for pedophiles

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

nichijou is a good anime for little girls, that grown up men like to watch and get angry about

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

personally, i'm glad that g0m is using that guy's probation to rep ping pong

Badass
Apr 14, 2014

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Anime: not just for pedophiles

Pedophiles and people with bad taste

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Quote-Unquote posted:

hosed up if true.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

i dont know much about anime but i have been led to believe that it is the opposite situation and that over time it has transitioned more and more into wank material for pedophiles

also lol new mod probated someone for saying anime is bad

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Vargs posted:

i dont know much about anime but i have been led to believe that it is the opposite situation and that over time it has transitioned more and more into wank material for pedophiles

you should look at the probation reason and follow its suggestion, friend

gwaaargh
Jul 7, 2010

by XyloJW
pedos are actually mad about this. they think there were "first".

it's not a race, guys ;)

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
*twirls nite stick* just becasue every man woman and child in japan is a pedophle doesnt mean anime is too thats guilt by assosiation and thats illegal buddy

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Vargs posted:

Please do not derail the animenot just for pedophiles thread.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I've seen a good chunk of anime but hadn't gotten around to Mononoke until about two weeks ago. It was pretty good. Would recommend.

Edit: Akira, Paprika, and Ping Pong

I haven't seen these. I've attempted to sit through Akira like three times and end up falling asleep in the beginning every time just like Blade Runner and I know it ends up a heaping mass of fleshmonster but maybe I should really sit through it, ya know?

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

There's a part in Planettes where a guy gets caught in a solar flare while doing a spacewalk but he's in a shadow so he's okay except for a lingering multi-episode case of space-phobia.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

someday i want to go to studio ghibli museum, so i can see all the cool stuff that was made for people who aren't paedophiles to enjoy with their children that they are not molesting

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

OP is correct, anime is also for the discerning gentlemen known as ephebophiles

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Atoramos posted:

I've seen a good chunk of anime but hadn't gotten around to Mononoke until about two weeks ago. It was pretty good. Would recommend.

Edit: Akira, Paprika, and Ping Pong

I haven't seen these. I've attempted to sit through Akira like three times and end up falling asleep in the beginning every time just like Blade Runner and I know it ends up a heaping mass of fleshmonster but maybe I should really sit through it, ya know?

why would you spoiler the best and only reason for someone seeing that movie

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Corridor posted:

why would you spoiler the best and only reason for someone seeing that movie

Akira also has some cool motorcycle chase scenes and also a scene where a giant teddy bear bleeds milk.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

platedlizard posted:

Akira also has some cool motorcycle chase scenes and also a scene where a giant teddy bear bleeds milk.

oh yeah i forgot about the giant teddy bleeding milk that was good

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sojenus posted:

OP is correct, anime is also for the discerning gentlemen known as ephebophiles

lol

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Quote-Unquote posted:

hosed up if true.

Cool another redshirt better not post the wrong kind of joke or you'll offend whatever kiddie fucker is modding gbs today

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

Cool another redshirt better not post the wrong kind of joke or you'll offend whatever kiddie fucker is modding gbs today

thank you for contributing to the discussion friend, but have you considered trying to make a funny post, or a post that you think others will enjoy

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Corridor posted:

thank you for contributing to the discussion friend, but have you considered trying to make a funny post, or a post that you think others will enjoy

If you like anime you're a pedophile sorry.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

for example, you could think of something that made you laugh one time, and post a thread about it, even if it's nto anime

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
a blind girl walking towards a flight of stairs, and everyone's just looking around at each other like "oh god what should we do???" but not saying anything

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quote-Unquote posted:

hosed up if true.

As the forums have a Lowtax-endorsed policy against fostering safe-space threads, I believe I must rule it legal to argue that anime is for pedophiles in the "anime is not for pedophiles" thread, and likewise to say that anime is bad in GBS as a whole.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

One episode of Cowboy Bebop is a reference to Alien except the monster is a piece of food that got forgotten in a fridge for a really long time until it evolved and escaped.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Ralp posted:

As the forums have a Lowtax-endorsed policy against fostering safe-space threads, I believe I must rule it legal to argue that anime is for pedophiles in the "anime is not for pedophiles" thread, and likewise to say that anime is bad in GBS as a whole.

it is good to not have cliquey hugboxes, and it is also good to not hate on things irrationally. perhaps there is some way that an understanding could be reached.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

platedlizard posted:

One episode of Cowboy Bebop is a reference to Alien except the monster is a piece of food that got forgotten in a fridge for a really long time until it evolved and escaped.

i think this was actually an episode of teenage mutant ninja turtles

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Hi, thread. Anime is good.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Anime is for (grooming) children. (eg: "look young child, that anime character of similar age as you is getting violated by tentacles and seems to enjoy it, here is a tentacle for you" - whips out penis).

In conclusion, anime fans should be chemically castrated (with drano).

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

aatrek hated anime... think about it

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Corridor posted:

it is good to not have cliquey hugboxes, and it is also good to not hate on things irrationally. perhaps there is some way that an understanding could be reached.

The understanding is that anime isn't necessarily just for pedophiles but it is cartoons.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Corridor posted:

Hmm! This is a fair point. I revise my position as follows: it's ok to hate on anime, or to like anime for that matter, but only as long as one does so rationally.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Crap posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

i don't actually watch anime, don't tell nite crew

• Locked thread