Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Jenner posted:

Go Indians! J/K the Indians haven't been good since the 90's.

Indians were good with Sabathia in 2007 when they choked bigtime in the ALCS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Also Ohio isn't as lovely as Indiana but it's bigger so it's worse. Its the state that lost a war with Michigan and had Toledo foisted upon it.

naem
May 29, 2011

I spent a year after school driving around Cleveland Ohio in an elderly station wagon with a "best of Donovan" cassette tape stuck playing permantly

BelDin
Jan 29, 2001
I live at least 60 miles away from any major city here, and it sucks. Our entire county has less than 30k people and doesn't have a city anymore. Our county seat has been downgraded to a village after the last census.

Still trying to claw my way out of here!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Also greatest Ohioan James Traficant recently died leaving the state with nothing of worth.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Gentleman Blogger posted:

Columbus is cool. Hip hop, cheap Greek food everywhere, Hound Dogs Pizza, Bernie's (yeh, really, I still love it), fighting the football team, riots on Chittenden, all sorts of poo poo.

PS GO BLUE.

Smoking Joe crust....oh man Hound Dogs. So drat tasty.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Hey Bip, if you hate Ohio so much why are you posting in this thread? What state are you from? Prob not one as cool as Ohio, dork.

Aug 4, 2010

ohayo gozaimasu

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
Ohio is a breath away from being as bad as indiana.

And I heard everyone who goes to osu is a fat retarded stinky poo poo

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
ive lived here my whole life and gently caress the buckeyes

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If you like conversations with crackheads, I recommend Baby Jay over in Lakewood. Just look for the skeletal white guy with a pony tail.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Michael Corleone posted:

Hey Bip, if you hate Ohio so much why are you posting in this thread? What state are you from? Prob not one as cool as Ohio, dork.

As a native, I say with authority that Ohio is a festering pustule.

As a misanthrope, I say with authority that so is everywhere else.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Michael Corleone posted:

I live in Minnesota now, which is okay. It's probably not as "cool" though because this place doesn't exactly excel at that. Def less lovely tho.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Ok Ohiogoons, what's the best restaurant in C-bus?

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Michigan likes to say that Ohio is dull and boring, which is weird because Michigan is basically the same state but without an economy

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Mooktastical posted:

Ok Ohiogoons, what's the best restaurant in C-bus?

ive only ate at hoggy's while down there, and while edible i'd hardly classify it as 'best' (they served food on trash can lids, iirc)

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

my parents took me to the national air force museum a lot as a kid and i saw the plane that dropped the bomb that destroyed nagasaki

ohio is cool

John Liver posted:

If you do not believe black people actually exist move to Mason and you will never be proven wrong

lmao i worked in mason's city hall for about a year and this is 100% true

edit: holy hell i just opened my absentee ballot people are actually running against bohner!?

NotALizardman fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 14, 2014

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Do any other Ohio goons have their username as the Ohio county they grew up in? :smug:

edit: RIP Traficant

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Melchior posted:

ive only ate at hoggy's while down there, and while edible i'd hardly classify it as 'best' (they served food on trash can lids, iirc)

what on earth

why would that be the restaurant you settle on. like out of everything out there, this makes the final cut. white castle would have been a better choice at this point

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Ohio is a swing state because the countryside is home to wealthy suburbanites and the occasional millionaire (the kind of people who raise horses as a hobby and build five luxury homes for one open-house exhibit) while the cities are sprawled ex-industrial centers that haven't employed anyone since 1980 and didn't recover from the crack boom so much as they grew out of it

The cities are just open-air cages for the poors to make sure they don't get out and ruin the property value of other (whiter) school districts

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Chili's pretty good tho

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.
I miss touchdown Jesus. :smith:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

lol

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
Ohio is perhaps the greatest fly-over state in the nation.

naem
May 29, 2011

Heh heh heh huh, huh, heheh "Boehner"

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

we're not as fat as Louisiana

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Mahoning posted:

Do any other Ohio goons have their username as the Ohio county they grew up in? :smug:

edit: RIP Traficant

I would not have guessed he'd die in a farming accident.

BEAM
ME
UP

John Liver
May 4, 2009

scorpiobean posted:

I miss touchdown Jesus. :smith:

Don't worry, they made a replacement : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux_Mundi_%28statue%29

The fundraiser they had for the new statue got about $3 million IIRC, which could have been donated to cure childrens' leukemia, but no, church gotta look good from the freeway

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

John Liver posted:

Don't worry, they made a replacement : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux_Mundi_%28statue%29

The fundraiser they had for the new statue got about $3 million IIRC, which could have been donated to cure childrens' leukemia, but no, church gotta look good from the freeway

Oh wow! That was completed only 2 months before I moved to Ohio, I had always figured it had been years since Touchdown Jesus burnt down.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Ohio is where I store my poops.

It's pretty nice. Plenty of oxygen, lots of opportunities for hand to hand combat, and there's been a bumper crop of poisonous squids the last two years. My psoriasis only covers like 70 percent of my body and groin which I attribute to the state government's recent excellent handling of the budget.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
I don't follow the sports stuff but my school's p nice. Go UT Rockets or whatever.

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
Ohio isn't bad. You can live in the country, or a sleepy little town, or a methy little town, or Columbus.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Columbus is gay so that may be where most GBS posters will find themselves.

Also :siren:INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT:siren:

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Ohio is a state of people who settle for "good enough"

The Applebees philosophy

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

John Liver posted:

Ohio is a state of people who settle for "good enough"

The Applebees philosophy

one time i visited Miami and my bank account was wrecked.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

The only reason to go to Ohio is cedar point

Freddy Mercury Poisoning
May 31, 2007
You too good for this 5 dollars?
Major League: best sports movie of all time, hands fuckin down.

BleepBlip
Jul 22, 2003

"These kind of skills?"
I live in NYC now but my favorite pizza resides in gool 'ol Columbus. "Pizza House" is my jam, forever and always.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I grew up in akron. I never felt connected to anyone there. I always felt like there was more to life. Then I left.

I think I went back once in 2007 right before the housing crash. My friend was proud she bought a home in Cleveland at the time and as we went to see this place I realized how dead it was in that city. Everything was hosed but the people are desensitized to it. I told her "Sell this loving house and get out of here. This place is hosed." She actually listened to me. Sold her house fast, took a 10k loss and moved to San Fransisco. About 4 months later the entire economy exploded - She would of lost 80k if she waited. She now is married and living a pretty good life in the center of SF.

I guess the moral of this story is get the gently caress out while you can. I live in LA and I meet so many people who got the gently caress out. Go to the coasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

koataylor posted:

I live in NYC now but my favorite pizza resides in gool 'ol Columbus. "Pizza House" is my jam, forever and always.

Pretty neat.

Did you guys hear that the banks in Ann Arbor didn't close yesterday bc they said Columbus was in Ohio. Pretty rude, imo.

• Locked thread