Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
In lots of episodes after the second season, they write most women as being tougher and smarter than sam and dean. They also have sam and dean get beat up by more women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That's cos it's funny, chap. Same way I laugh when a woman gets thrown around like she's a ragdoll.

Equality is the ability to punch people of all genders without consequences!

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Supernatural really likes killing major women characters in really brutal ways. Sure Sam and Dean had their share of lovely deaths, but most of the major male characters that died were far less brutal then what the women faced. Unless your lesbian, then there is a good chance the character will survive.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

actually its SEXY not sexist OP

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i barely pay attention to it after the writers strike kinda hosed the show up, so i watched like seasons 5-8 as a radio show while posting here. they also have less girl with giant fake boobs in tiny clothes, but show off more guy bodies now instead.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i stopped watching at like season 5 and i hate myself for watching that much of it

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

Supernatural was at its best in the early seasons when they spent their time killing all the things from snopes spooky section. Now it has enough drama and angst in it to make Batman blush. I just wish they would go back to being demon hunting bros again.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

im just gonna tackle the elephant in the room here. which one is cuter??

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Shnag posted:

Supernatural was at its best in the early seasons when they spent their time killing all the things from snopes spooky section. Now it has enough drama and angst in it to make Batman blush. I just wish they would go back to being demon hunting bros again.

can't hollywood is at war against manly men. I like how as seasons progressed their most powerful former enemies are nothing but like a 1 second kills now.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

hemale in pain posted:

I like how garth is so type cast i think his only starring role was in the bad movie the new guy

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Shnag posted:

I agree. I stuck around too long waiting for them to get back to that. I remember they made a parody episode that was making fun of the show being a nonstop angstfest fanwank and then like a season later they were unironically doing that in every episode.

hemale in pain posted:

Their dad.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I agree. I stuck around too long waiting for them to get back to that. I remember they made a parody episode that was making fun of the show being a nonstop angstfest fanwank and then like a season later they were unironically doing that in every episode.

it was becasue of the writers strike in the middle of season 2 the show never recovered.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

The brothers should have really stopped crying at each others death after the second or third time. When one of them dies each season finial, rather then turning into a blubbering mess he should just shrug and go to the local burger joint order beer and sandwich, and one for their dead bro too, as he is going to be back before the end credits of the episode, and it would be kind of rude to eat in front of him.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Shnag posted:

The brothers should have really stopped crying at each others death after the second or third time. When one of them dies each season finial, rather then turning into a blubbering mess he should just shrug and go to the local burger joint order beer and sandwich, and one for their dead bro too, as he is going to be back before the end credits of the episode, and it would be kind of rude to eat in front of him.

should of just had something posses a new actor each season so we'd be on like dean number 5 by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

i watched the first season, mostly, and thought it was ok, but then i havent watched any more of it, and i think, that's good? probably

• Locked thread