Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I let it cool before drinking it unlike MY DIPSHIT BOYFRIEND WHO KEEPS BURGNING HIS loving MOUTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
oh god i should not start a new page im sorry :(

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Dubious posted:

every male barista is gay so is that an admission
When I worked at Sbux in high school the only other guy was gay. Maybe I'm gay :ohdear:

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
i enjoy coffee beverages, op, i respectfully disagree with ur opinion :coffeepal:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Jizz Festival posted:

I let it cool before drinking it unlike MY DIPSHIT BOYFRIEND WHO KEEPS BURGNING HIS loving MOUTH

i burn scarred my mouth enough that now instead of burning my mouth i burn my stomach.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Wachepti posted:

When I worked at Sbux in high school the only other guy was gay. Maybe I'm gay :ohdear:

you are and that's makes you a cool interesting person

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do any of you have one of these yet I am thinking about upgrading to the latest in coffee technology.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
it's funy because he's an annoying person with a keurig

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Three Olives posted:

Do any of you have one of these yet I am thinking about upgrading to the latest in coffee technology.

the new keurigs have some bullshit anti-counterfeiting measures built in and will refuse to brew the coffee if you're not using official licensed k-cups

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the new keurigs have some bullshit anti-counterfeiting measures built in and will refuse to brew the coffee if you're not using official licensed k-cups

They are only ensuring the finest quality controlled coffee goes into your Keurig instead of contaminating it with subpar coffee, it's really for your protection.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I have a keurig but I have one of those wire basket things that goes where you put the pods so I just use it to make folgers real fast

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

proof of concept posted:

I have a keurig but I have one of those wire basket things that goes where you put the pods so I just use it to make folgers real fast

My parents have a keurig and I've used it with the refillable thing while housesitting and at that point I really might as well use the coffee press because it's no more obnoxious to clean/use and it makes a better cup of coffee

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
i have a french press it makes really good coffee :shobon:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

gggiiimmmppp posted:

My parents have a keurig and I've used it with the refillable thing while housesitting and at that point I really might as well use the coffee press because it's no more obnoxious to clean/use and it makes a better cup of coffee

why waste time cleaning a coffee machine you buy one for ten dollars and toss it in a couple years when it taste like mold.

naem
May 29, 2011

Dubious posted:

every male barista is gay so is that an admission

100% grade a American straight guy here ask me how many vaginas I had sex with that year (several!)

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

everythingWasBees posted:

Coffee's bitter and gross and disgusting and it burns my mouth every time i try to drink it. To even make it palatable you have to chill in, and combine it with milk and whipped cream and chocolate or caramel.

How do you even manage to keep this poo poo down, GBS?
look at this dumb baby

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

100% grade a American straight guy here ask me how many vaginas I had sex with that year (several!)

hoe many penises?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Happy Bear Suit posted:

look at this dumb baby

not real coffee unless it's made with stale store brand grounds, made with smelly tap water, bonus if your coffee is crunchy from grounds running into the pot.

naem
May 29, 2011

Jizz Festival posted:

hoe many penises?

Just my own

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

Just my own

oh :captainpop:

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Stop arguing about how to make coffee. All coffee is good. My parents do not understand the ways of fresh coffee and drink instant. Thus I have to drink instant coffee when I am there but worry not! It is still coffee, and therefore it is good.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Neptr posted:

instant coffee

Are you from Not-The-US?

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg5aVzSDme4&t=39s

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
i like black coffee but starbucks make poo poo coffee and their black coffee is just undiluted poo poo. they have good tea though

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Don't get a keurig they are gigantic pieces of poo poo

I love coffee and I am clearly an addict

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
I'm pretty drat pleased with Folger's Black Silk out of a drip machine, but I want to chase a richer flavor.

I bought a a French press earlier this year, but did not yet buy a $$$ grinder to prepare the beans so the press is just sitting there.

Maybe some of the serious coffee drinkers ITT have some recommendations on a good grinder.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
you don't need a good grinder yeah you will get some fine pieces going throught the mesh but it's all part of the coffee game

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Copper Vein posted:

I'm pretty drat pleased with Folger's Black Silk out of a drip machine, but I want to chase a richer flavor.

I bought a a French press earlier this year, but did not yet buy a $$$ grinder to prepare the beans so the press is just sitting there.

Maybe some of the serious coffee drinkers ITT have some recommendations on a good grinder.

just use the cheap one with one setting for like, 10 seconds. it's fine. Or if you can, just grind them in the store.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
you guys don;t seem to be drinking coffee you seem to be drinking gay flower farts in liquid form.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

TOILETLORD posted:

you guys don;t seem to be drinking coffee you seem to be drinking gay flower farts in liquid form.

that'd taste so much better than coffee

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
your bitter taste buds are supposed to gently caress off as you age so i conclude you are a tiny baby

also don't buy super dark roast beans unless you want tiny lumps of charcoal in a bag

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
coffee is actually good

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

PlantRobot posted:

your bitter taste buds are supposed to gently caress off as you age so i conclude you are a tiny baby

also don't buy super dark roast beans unless you want tiny lumps of charcoal in a bag

you want the lighter roast for max caffeine content anyway

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

I :love: coffee, I wish I had more right now. :coffeepal: I am just crazy about that beverage.

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.
My girlfriend got her dad a keurig for his birthday. He cried like a little puse. It was really weird.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

PlantRobot posted:

beer is also bitter and gross

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

everythingWasBees posted:

beer is also bitter and gross

oh my god

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Percolator is the one and true coffee brewing apparatus. Everything else is just needless bells and whistles.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Acceptable Coffee Making Apparatus
    Espresso Maker
    Moka Pot
    French Press
    Pour Over
    Quality Drip Machines

poo poo Coffee Making Apparatus
    lovely Espresso Makers
    Aeropress
    Wal Mart Level Drip Machines
    Instant Coffee
    Keurig (proprietary coffee :wtc:)

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Sashimi posted:

Acceptable Coffee Making Apparatus
    Espresso Maker
    Moka Pot
    French Press
    Pour Over
    Quality Drip Machines

poo poo Coffee Making Apparatus
    lovely Espresso Makers
    Aeropress
    Wal Mart Level Drip Machines
    Instant Coffee
    Keurig (proprietary coffee :wtc:)

i have a 20 dollar mr coffee i think where soes that fall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee. Forever coffee, forever.

• Locked thread