Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ebola is terrible disease that has been ravaging Africa for the last few months and has recently come into the public sphere because it has crossed the Atlantic and is now being reported in America :911:

Ebola is a pretty awful disease that has thus far killed tens of thousands of Africans, and so far a handful of Americans/ Europeans.

Ebola is transferred through contact with fluid. It has a long period of incubation, but is really only transferable when symptoms appear.

CDC posted:

Symptoms of Ebola include

Fever (greater than 38.6°C or 101.5°F)
Severe headache
Muscle pain
Weakness
Diarrhea
Vomiting
Abdominal (stomach) pain
Unexplained hemorrhage (bleeding or bruising)

Symptoms may appear anywhere from 2 to 21 days after exposure to Ebola, but the average is 8 to 10 days.

Recovery from Ebola depends on good supportive clinical care and the patient’s immune response. People who recover from Ebola infection develop antibodies that last for at least 10 years.

Post here what should go in the OP!

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

white people contracting ebola is cultural appropriation

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

MY OFFICIAL PRROJECTIONS:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You seriously loving listened to the morons complaining about the OP in the old thread? Protip: nobody reads or cares about the OP and all megathreads are the same once they hit 2 pages

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Threads about ebola spread just like ebola

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

You seriously loving listened to the morons complaining about the OP in the old thread? Protip: nobody reads or cares about the OP and all megathreads are the same once they hit 2 pages

I was getting pretty tired of "I TOLD YOU SO!" every time I looked for the thread, plus it was at 266 pages.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
if you got white people autoimmune genes does it help you at all

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

This should totally be the ebola charts/graphs/pictures megathread

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

why do we need two threads for this

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Portals posted:

why do we need two threads for this

everyone wanna be on the ground floor of the apocalypse

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
if ebola wipes out tons of people and we get another danse macabre cultural art movement it'll be worth it

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
ebolol

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
a second nurse has crashed into the ebola

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
Glass this thread.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Recommended films on Ebola

1. EBOLA SYNDROME :nws::nws::nws::nws: The still image is fine though.
"Restaurant worker Sam (Anthony Wong Chau-Sang) is in big trouble when his employer finds
his own wife in bed with Sam. The only way out at the time seems to be murder, but Sam's
poor choice drives him to hide out in Africa. Once awakened, his bloodthirsty side no
longer has a reason to stay beneath the surface; Sam is now intent on killing for
killing's sake, serving up his victims to those who frequent his eatery and encouraging
the spread of Ebola."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFHLoNLzbe8

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Ground floor in the death of everyone.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

a second nurse has crashed into the ebola

What the gently caress is going on in your sig?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i have ebola

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

No. 6 posted:

What the gently caress is going on in your sig?

video of white guy contracting ebola

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

I was getting pretty tired of "I TOLD YOU SO!" every time I looked for the thread, plus it was at 266 pages.

Oh no, not 266 pages! What the gently caress is the difference? This thing hits page 4 and it'll be different from page 185 on the old thread?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

also im gay

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Oh no, not 266 pages! What the gently caress is the difference? This thing hits page 4 and it'll be different from page 185 on the old thread?

who gives a gently caress

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

proclick for getting in the mood for global plague and death
http://thehistoryofbyzantium.com/2013/05/27/episode-27-the-walking-dead/

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

This thread requires proper isolation systems including negative posting pressure to attract and contain zimboe. Please dispatch a POST team asap to apprehend the suspect punk bitch weirdo.

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Surviving the Ebola Apocalypse.

1. Seek the two C’s. When the going gets tough, the tough get free samples. The first thing we need to do is panic. The second thing we need to do is take refuge in a Costco or a Cabela's. I prefer Cabela’s for the stockpile of guns and ammo, but they only have beef jerky and maybe some of those awesome cinnamon pistachios for food. Costco has enough food and water to last a fortnight or two. Plus, TVs, books, and hotdogs. The trick is, is to have one group of survivors in each of the stores. That way, you have the best of two worlds. Exchange a rifle or two for a 60 pack of Twizzlers. It’s win/win folks.

2. Surround yourself with the right people. This is apocalypse 101 but it’s best to surround yourself with people that can help you survive. Many people believe that you should have some sort of Army Ranger or Seal Team 6 guy with you but they are bossy and have killer beards and abs. No one likes that kind of guy. Instead, surround yourself with moms. Yes, moms. They always carry diaper bags filled with gummy candy and Cheeze-Its and they also have the strength of ten men when their children are in harm’s way.

3. Avoid the sex. The Ebola virus isn’t airborne and the only way to catch it is to ingest bodily fluids or get bitten by a monkey or a fruit bat or something. (These are facts.) So, no sex. Yes, a vow of celibacy is what it takes to survive this. And seriously, why are you having sex anyways during an apocalypse. (No matter how tempting it may be to fornicate on a stuffed polar bear at Cabela’s.)For gently caress’s sake you hornballs. No spitting (phrasing) crying, or bleeding either. If one of your group gets cut while they surf around the Costco on a Roomba, you need to get rid of the problem. Suffocating them with a giant teddy bear is a fun way to die.

4. Avoid humans. After you run out of food and water it’s time to take to the streets. Hopefully many people are already dead and aren’t reincarnating. That’s zombies, not Ebola. Still, zombie rule 67 is a good example of what happens to humans during these sorts of things. Humans, who are already assholes, turn into bigger assholes. They will rape, maim, or kill anyone in your group for something as small as a Tic Tac. So the course of action is to avoid all humans. Take what you stole from Cabela’s and camp. I know camping sucks, but finding a nice spot in the middle of a forest is better than finding a nice spot in a mall filled with cannibals. Plus you can pretend you are Naked and Afraid and lose like 45 pounds in 21 days.

5. Shoot to Kill. You can no longer value human life outside of your group. Everyone and anyone is a threat and should be treated as one. Oh you see your Nana with another group? Shoot to kill. No exceptions. She could be infected or she could tell you a long boring story about the hit Fox show Bones. Either way, you win.

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

We need a new thread, this one has gotten very whiney.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

~Ebola is real~

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

At page 185 people were still being smug about how ebola could never happen to the first world because healthcare.

By page 4 of this thread hopefully everyone has ebola and died so no one can post anymore.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ebola israel?? :eyepop:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

poo poo, you're really upset about this... I'm really sorry that I super upset you...

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
We should build a big dome.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TEAYCHES posted:

i have ebola

I love those hats!

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011
Watching this unfold in the news is like a real life game of Plague Inc.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i want to die

ebola poz mmy neg hole

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

lol buncha concern trolls here jumping on the latest panic fad. next thing you're gonna say that we shouldn't lick bats or that you can get ebola from a sneeze or that we should aid Africa or some other insane meltdown nonsense :supaburn:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

CrashCat posted:

lol buncha concern trolls here jumping on the latest panic fad. next thing you're gonna say that we shouldn't lick bats or that you can get ebola from a sneeze or that we should aid Africa or some other insane meltdown nonsense :supaburn:

yeah and malaria also kills people :smug:

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Why can't people just not touch each other?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
ok as we can see this thread is identical to the old one. GAS it.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jst0rm posted:

ok as we can see this thread is identical to the old one. GAS it.

no i will not gas it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
A "superdome" if you will.

• Locked thread