Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
ebola is cool because unlike sars and the pig flu it actually fucks people up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

no i will not gas it

quarantine this poster

e; too late

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 16, 2014

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
:siren: Second page of EBOLA-RAMA. :siren:

Ebola forum scourge is spreading.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Ebola isn't real

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Broenheim posted:

Ebola isn't real

ebola israel

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

poo poo, you're really upset about this... I'm really sorry that I super upset you...

no you're not

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

someone add a bunch of diarrhea coming out of his butt

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol the nurse called the CDC and told em about her fever they said it was ok to fly

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

Daedra posted:

ebola is cool because unlike sars and the pig flu it actually fucks people up

This is the main difference between this very real epidemic and the pretend flu scares we've had before. Lots of people having the flu vs lots of people having hemmoragic fever of which 50-70% die.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I LOVE YOU EBOLA-CHAN, I LOVE YOU!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Super.Jesus posted:

This is the main difference between this very real epidemic and the pretend flu scares we've had before. Lots of people having the flu vs lots of people having hemmoragic fever of which 50-70% die.

i wouldnt call spanish flu pretend

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lol the nurse called the CDC and told em about her fever they said it was ok to fly

I bet she talked to the janitor. Or some guy in India

Super.Jesus posted:

Quality over quantity imo

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i wouldnt call spanish flu pretend

It was as infectious as Ebola is, with a much lower CFR, shorter incubatory period, and quicker onset of mortality and morbidity.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Lol at people calling Texas incompetent, while the federal government encourages symptomatic ebola patients to go fly around.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

blugu64 posted:

Lol at people calling Texas incompetent, while the federal government encourages symptomatic ebola patients to go fly around.

yeah the federal government is at fault. It has nothing to do with some yokel named Clay Jenkins. CLAY JENKINS. There would be a [REDACTED] joke in there if it was allowed.

Dallas Official: Ebola Hospital Never Warned About Travel

the fed response: We didnt know you were retarded.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

So to summerize l, the problem with ebola in texas is that it is texas but also part of the us. So it's doubly hosed? Doublely?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jst0rm posted:

yeah the federal government is at fault. It has nothing to do with some yokel named Clay Jenkins. CLAY JENKINS. There would be a [REDACTED] joke in there if it was allowed.

clay jenkins is a super liberal democrat you pretentious yankee gently caress

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Next thing you know they'll be telling heat stoke patients to get in saunas, and telling emphysema patients to smoke camels.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
I know they are talking about médecins sans frontières, but whenever I see MSF in an article I start thinking about MGS: Peace Walker.

Big Boss infiltrates Liberia to stop Metal Ebola.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Jst0rm posted:

Hmm. It was a really bad idea for a guy from West Africa to get on a plane after being in contact with people with Ebola. You shouldn't need a directive from the CDC written in crayon and using words of less than five letters to figure out that it might be a bad idea for one of your staff who has been in direct contact with an Ebola patient to get on a plane.

The level of incompetence is astonishing enough, but the justifications are just surreal.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Literally so loving dumb it's indistinguishable from malice.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

clay jenkins is a super liberal democrat you pretentious yankee gently caress

his father must not be proud of his gay commie son.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
My prediction for this thread as the epidemic continues to spread:

"Wow most people are really incompetent, how the hell did we get this far"

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.

BULBASAUR posted:

My prediction for this thread as the epidemic continues to spread:

"Wow most people are really incompetent, how the hell did we get this far"

Capitalism.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Lolie posted:

Hmm. It was a really bad idea for a guy from West Africa to get on a plane after being in contact with people with Ebola.
The level of incompetence is astonishing enough, but the justifications are just surreal.

or it was a pregnant women with stomach pains that he helped home? Got on a plane and went to the best health care on the planet was sent home because he didnt have insurance and died. The idea that he knew he had contact with ebola hasnt been verified I dont believe.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Chris Awful posted:

Capitalism.

Marx be laughing when all the countries with centralized medicine survive

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
And god looked down and asked "America, who shall be your champion to combat the ebola challenge?" "We put forth the honorable Clay Jenkins - christian god fearing man who believes in the freedumbs that make this country strong"

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Jst0rm posted:

or it was a pregnant women with stomach pains that he helped home? Got on a plane and went to the best health care on the planet was sent home because he didnt have insurance and died. The idea that he knew he had contact with ebola hasnt been verified I dont believe.

The woman he helped had been misdiagnosed as having malaria

http://www.latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-ebola-liberia-20141003-story.html

quote:

But the Blessing Home Clinic, which examined Marthalene on Sept. 15, had diagnosed malaria, according to staffers. When she started convulsing, they told the family to take her to a hospital.

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
whatever system of government machine guns ebola patients on sight will be the one that survives this, cause right now incubators and their white hosts are basically just slow acting, ambulatory WMD's

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Alas Boobylon posted:

whatever system of government machine guns ebola patients on sight will be the one that survives this, cause right now incubators and their white hosts are basically just slow acting, ambulatory WMD's

Thatd be Sierra Leone soon enough, and no I dont think they will survive things getting even worse

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

Thatd be Sierra Leone soon enough, and no I dont think they will survive things getting even worse

I've been wondering since you first started posting in d&d: Are you legit insane, dedicated to the troll, or, 100% for real but driven mad by ebola related sadness?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Hell of a day to be banned. I never would have re-registered but my city is under attack by incubators and I need support.

e; prob gonna die for real, i will likely be the first goon with bola for real. nobody on the ground is panicking and seems like we are handling it far better than Texas.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Drink the bola blood.

DRINK IT.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Al Borland posted:

Drink the bola blood.

DRINK IT.

Want to come over and lick me?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
This is now the dinosaur thread.

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

are you one of them new temp mods or, to quote the artist formerly known as ralp, a real mod

or admin

Angry Hippo
May 12, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is pooping in a bucket advisable so as to avoid any sweaty ebola contaminated toilet seats?

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

No. 6 posted:

What the gently caress is going on in your sig?

A british man is dancing with hip-hop clowns in compton.
To create happiness.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Texas Health Presbyterian is few miles down the street from my house and I think people from outside of Dallas are making a bigger deal out of this than we are here.

It's really not a big deal, it's 2 nurses who caught their symptoms early. Even Thomas Eric Duncan's family who lived with him for several days while he was symptomatic are about to *knock on wood* clear the quarantine period without getting sick.

But lol what do I know I'm just a sheeple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
ebola would be a cool pandemic because its not like you just cough a lot and then die in a boring way, you get to stagger around shooting diseased blood and organs out of your mouth at peeps

• Locked thread