Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
lol I need 1 cent to tell you i am wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i just throw pennies at other drivers at stoplights

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
gently caress pennies. Melt them all down.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
on etime i bought 8 norcos with a backpack full of rolls of pennies it owned

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sucrose posted:

its fun to melt coins in the driveway at your friends house with a blowtorch till you catch the asphalt driveway on fire

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 250 days!)

You think you're better than me? You've handled my rear end pennies.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
gall bladders are bitch organs

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Sucrose posted:

We got rid of them in Canada already, and it's loving great. When I go to US I'm like, what's this lovely copper thing with Lincoln on it? I throw pennies in the garbage can, don't waste my time.

Also, I just saw you in E/N, you should be asking your shrink for some new meds soon instead of posting in GBS.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
it costs the united stated government 17 cents to make a single penny

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
If we banned pennies I bet a whole bunch of old people would get super angry

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
that means a penny has to last 17 years before it no longer represents debt

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 250 days!)

OMFG FURRY posted:

it costs the united stated government taxpayer 17 cents to make a single penny

thanks osaamarama

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I was actually just ranting about this the other day, gently caress pennies. I throw all pennies in the trash where they belong. Nickels are coming close to getting the same treatment, and don't loving get me started about dimes. The smallest acceptable currency is the noble quarter.

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

Taima posted:

I was actually just ranting about this the other day, gently caress pennies. I throw all pennies in the trash where they belong. Nickels are coming close to getting the same treatment, and don't loving get me started about dimes. The smallest acceptable currency is the noble quarter.

same

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
recall all current and past coin currency, melt and separate all the alloys from the minted currency, and sell off the metals in order to mint dollar and half dollar coins and enforce usage of half dollar and dollar coins in order to erase debt incurred from minting more useless coins

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Make it like pokemon.

Everything just costs credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 687 days!)

i almost got beat up for trying to buy weed with a bag full of pennies in high school

• Locked thread