Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Soothing Vapors posted:

On Test yesterday, with 600% SIF I was getting 4-6 Caches per Shocker run. I hope it goes live just like that. I will buy so many SIF boosts Mr Gaz. I will fund your grandkids' education.

terminal bosses on TC drop twice as many things

Lux Aeterna posted:

Doop ectoplasm is great for: Rogue/Cable/Jean and I wouldn't really pick it up for anyone else with the rest of the artifacts available.

Someone said Cyke's Strike Team call-ins don't proc Doop stuff, can anyone confirm?

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Soothing Vapors posted:

If I'm reading that right, the double damage thing only applied if you had the toggle on, so the damage I've been experiencing for Waifu all weekend is for real. Praise the Sun.

Same, and holy poo poo because Assassinate is absolutely ridiculous. There is this perception that Moon Knight does absurd damage but she can use Assassinate ten times for every Gruesome Frenzy :stare:

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Eiffel On You posted:

Yes it is. I create Projections by Shadow Dashing into battle as well and usually always have 3 up by the time I get to the boss. Assassinate twice, pop a Projection up every time the cooldown ends (it's internal) and bring the pain. Still a beast on TC, so I'm guessing this damage is here to stay. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I wish projection had a 2s cooldown on the active use ability to make it a tiny bit easier to manage. I'll probably make a thread about it because it seems like a pretty viable change.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Soothing Vapors posted:

Yes, but I don't think it procs until it hits so it won't buff itself. I might be wrong on that. I would love to be wrong on that.

Pretty sure it procs immediately on use, before you hit. Not that it matters because the duration of the buff is longer than Assassinate's cooldown.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Maybe they fixed it when they fixed the double damage bug but I highly doubt it. It's probably just a boolean (or integer) value that's set to be the opposite of what it should be.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Deadly Assassin is still bugged, of course

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

I think they fixed the spirit restore proc on Deadly Assassin to have an internal cooldown again, not 100% sure

e: it's probably something with the Training Room / dummies because real world conditions seem the same, infinite spirit vs. cosmic terminal bosses

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 19, 2014

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Midnightghoul posted:

I'd much rather them actually control or balance the out of control hybrid items that have tipped the scales too far in their favor. Changing Hawkeye or TM to have a single hybrid damage doesn't solve the fact that a Power Doop or Power Cosmic is much more powerful than any one item/recipe that benefits a single damage type in the game.

They aren't "much more powerful" than Gungnir and Bowazon or whatever. The difference usually amounts to a few hundred damage rating. The difference in +stats and +skills between any two given heroes' uniques is much, much greater than that, it's just that these two items are very easy to compare in a vacuum and complain about. Reverting those heroes to hybrid damage types doesn't change much, there's just huge (irrational) resistance to changes like this because players really like having the illusion of freedom of choice.

Regardless of their competence as developers and designers, Gazillion can't balance these items because of the way that the game system works fundamentally. There are three basic factors used in order to calculate the damage of a skill: the skill rank multiplier, the damage rating / % base damage multiplier, and the crit/cdr/brut/bdr multiplier. (There's also attack speed and total damage % but those are factored in at the end.) If you start stacking one of those three factors the other two become progressively more and more valuable/effective. For example, if your hero has a lot of damage rating from artifacts and omega skills, the additional damage you get from +1 rank to your primary spirit spender skill might go from being equivalent to the damage you would get from 250 damage rating to 350+ damage rating. There's no way to compare stats across these factors (and attack speed) without recalculating the damage formula for your hero for every change you make to your gear and omegas, no matter how tiny the change is.

The only reason Gungnir was "the best" legendary before The Power Cosmic came along is because damage rating is and has always been (and probably always will be) the most plentiful and accessible stat, skewing value of the other two (three, four?) factors heavily. We had so much DR (and still do) that critical rating and CDR were worth a ton in comparison and there weren't very many items to get it from. There was no artifact that had a good chunk of CR and CDR on it, oh wait, they added one in February and it's so good that it's still best in slot on literally every non-pet hero and has become the de facto currency of the economy. Ironically, The Power Cosmic's value is not as high as it "should" be because you have to give up Gungnir to equip it so you are giving up a lot of CR and CDR in order to stack even more of the least valuable factor, DR. There's a bigger gap between The Power Doop and Bowazon/God of Mischief but that's more because new Runewords have been woefully few and far between, and most of them have been pretty mediocre at best. There just isn't a really solid melee-centric Runeword, etc.

Interestingly, this concept is why the idea of an "item budget" is complete nonsense... what equivalence ratio are they using for the various stats? If they are saying damage rating is worth X item points, critical rating is worth Y points, and +1 to all skills is worth Z points, how does that make any sense? These values change dramatically across the different heroes and gear. The real problem is that the quality of hero-specific uniques varies wildly; if you aggregate the other stats on any given hero's uniques and compare them to another hero's uniques you will find some stark differences, even if you ignore +skill ranks and health and such and focus on the pure damage stats. If you factor in skill ranks the difference becomes even greater because some heroes get tons of +ranks to their primary skills and trees (I'm looking at you, Iron Man) whereas others get barely any (RIP melee Black Widow). Then you have you consider raid uniques and things like that and the whole thing becomes a giant clusterfuck.

Of course everyone would prefer better balanced Legendaries and Runewords, myself included. I'm just saying that it's a more complicated issue than you might realize. As long as the "crappy" Legendaries are mostly just chunks of DR they are not going to be very useful, and if they keep buffing them slightly they are going to fall into a trap where they have to keep doing so in order to keep them balanced. If you want them to buff the bad Blessings and not nerf Hela, they are going to have to have ridiculous values in order to be competitive with Hela. Our brutal strike chance is completely dependent on having the 20% from Hela because of the way the br formula works, if you take that away, the value of BDR goes into the toilet. And all of these items are affected by the fact that the values of every stat are constantly changing! The only reason the end game "gearing landscape" looks the way it does is because of the specific history of new gear additions to the game - namely that they've been mostly drip-feeding us dr chunks for over a year. Gaz could certainly add some variety to the item choices and I feel like they've been doing a pretty drat good job of this in the last few months.

I get what you guys are saying, though. You just want the Legendaries and such to be close enough in effectiveness that you can use whatever you want without the fear of feeling "suboptimal." That's not too much to ask for, but like I said, it's pretty complicated. Since everything changes on the fly they would have to readjust the values of these items periodically and that's a lot of effort for (what I consider to be) a very small value add for a subset of players. The gearing choices you have in this game are mostly an illusion, because of the bizarre and complex damage formula. Diablo III has a much more transparent and elegant system but it has its own problems.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Ahundredbux posted:

Hybrid items are more powerful to compensate the fact that you can't streamline gearing for one damage type.

You kind of can nowadays. There are a ton of great generic-typed artifacts, Gungnir and M'kraan Crystal have no damage typing, and God of Mischief doesn't either. There was a period of time where many BiS artifacts were damage typed and I think these items are a very delayed reaction to that but let's be honest here we're talking about Cable. These items help Cable. If GoM sucks for your hero it's because their sig and/or ult suck and that's an entirely different problem. Or maybe they are skill capped, idk. Hybrids really get shafted on Omegas, though. True hybrids like Psylocke whose damage output is somewhat evenly split between types have extremely limited Omega skill options because they do not get good value from the single-typed damage nodes like the one that gives 1% physical damage for 40 points. Even the "hybrid" Arcane Attunement omegas like Mjolnir or Iron Fist only benefit heroes that are 90% physical / 10% energy or whatever because a true hybrid needs to put points into both just to get the same benefit as a 1%/40 omega, and 1% damage for 60 points is terrible (and it only gets worse).

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

jubelio posted:

Dont kid yourself, that build has about a 5% chance of not getting nerfed into oblivion.

I don't know about that. Yepso has 6000 Omega points and the build isn't spirit neutral without a 25% medkit core. If he uses the core he loses a bunch of DR from Spirit of Vengeance and Insignia of Penance because it heals him up. He's also using Doomsday Chair instead of Quentin Carnival Jumpsuit. I could see it getting toned down a bit but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Ghostlight posted:

Those issues are all things item budgets are specifically designed to fix. If you say damage rating is worth X item points, critical rating is worth Y points, and +1 skills is Z you then go and say "okay, every artifact is 500, and there's a 1.2 modifier for hybrid artifacts" so if X is 1 you get an artifact with 500 DR or if Y is 2 you choose between one with 250 CR or 100 CR/300 DR, meaning characters can find artifacts more specifically weighted toward what they want rather than the single artifact that just has all the stats in one weighting but enough of them that everybody needs it regardless of their focus.

Item budgets quantify everything. Once you know that artifacts will only ever produce X points of stats you can balance diminishing returns around that, or tweak the value of individual stats in the budget because you can solidly quantify how strong someone is by how geared they are. Balancing uniques becomes a case of itemisation choices on the side of the developer rather than just which uniques exit the process with tonnes of extra stats over the others. Balancing raids becomes more streamlined because you can accurately virtualise an entire raid group just by extrapolating their stats from their expected gear level.

The fact that some hero might value CR over DR (this does not happen in the current system anyway) is serviced by having artifacts that offer the same objective amount of stats, just do so in differing weights, leading to heroes that actually have different stat priorities having different gear rather than just all having the same piece of gear that caters to everyone due to having more stats than any other piece.

First of all, I meant that Gazillion claiming that they use item budgets to design their items is absurd on its face, not that there's something wrong with budgeting as a concept. Secondly, I think you are conflating several issues here and making some unsafe assumptions. Item budgets work in a game like WoW because there were way more gear options in that game so the choices were more granular, even though attack power and critical chance scale off of each other in a similar manner to dr vs. crit vs. cdr vs. etc. When everything is a super generic stat stick it's easier to balance and even then WoW item balance still had many woeful issues for years. ARPGs tend to have a different item design philosophy with more gimmicky mods. I'm not trying to defend Gaz's item design here, it's pretty bad. It seems like Amthua or whoever just arbitrarily makes poo poo up and pushes it to the build. At least (s)he has been asking for feedback and implementing requested changes more often, not that the forums posters have any loving clue what they are talking about. Anyway the real problem is that there just aren't very many useful artifacts in the game period. They have been slowly adding artis that have slightly more stats than the older ones, this is all very intentional and it serves as the primary loot "carrot" that keeps that type of player engaged (and spending money) in the game for a long time. That and raids, of course. It's all part of Brevik's game design philosophy. That is the course that has been set for this game, even if he isn't in the trenches anymore dictating the changes.

Eiffel On You posted:

I'm telling you, Wasp may be a beast team up for many characters. It's kinda shocking and I didn't think about it until looking at her numbers again. It's awfully tempting. I gotta test it all out though.

Yeah I thought this was obvious, Domino is super sexy but the uptime on the procs is kind of iffy. I bought Wasp first thing on Friday. Also you need to be using the Midtown Guardian's Signet for similar reasons.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

only 400? look at this casual

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Eiffel On You posted:

1) Did you buy Advance Pack 2?

No, even though I really like every hero in the pack besides stupid-rear end Winter Soldier. I don't know if I'm going to be playing this game in early 2016.

Eiffel On You posted:

2) Anybody buy AP2 but not AP1?

I didn't buy AP1 for the same reason but in retrospect I obviously should have. I'll feel the same way if I'm still playing when the last AP2 heroes are released.

Eiffel On You posted:

3) How many costumes would you say you have purchased?

Do the ones from hero packs count? If not, 23: Black Panther Man Without Fear, Black Widow Fear Itself, Cable Black Ops, Captain America Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., Cyclops Phoenix Force, Iron Man Classic Armor, Iron Man Guardians of the Galaxy (Red), Iron Man Hulkbuster, Iron Man Mark III, Iron Man Mark IV, Iron Man Mark VI, Iron Man Silver Centurion, Jean Grey White Phoenix of the Crown, Luke Cage Noir, Punisher War Journal, Rocket Raccoon Cosmic Gear, Scarlet Witch Ultimate, Spider-Man Back in Black, Spider-Man Classic, ENHANCED Superior Spider-Man, Squirrel Girl GLX, Storm African Goddess, Wolverine Classic Brown.

e: 24, forgot Hulk 2099

Eiffel On You posted:

4) Worst purchase you made for the game?

A bunch of Boxes of Fortune Card Mark 3 to try to get Ultimate Deadpool and Punisher's Noir Costumes.

Eiffel On You posted:

5) Hypothetical: What is not purchasable in the game right now that, if added, would make you spend over-the-top dollars for?

Ultimate tokens, but only if they are either reasonably priced or they change the system so you can move them around like relics.

Costumes: Spider-Gwen, good Iron Man suits, Psylocke costumes

I'm sure there are many things that I just can't think of right now.

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 21, 2014

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

No one's bullying him, he's not even a goon

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Lux Aeterna posted:

It's a good thread and you guys are spot on that she's in a weaker place than the rest of the pack. Do you think she's bottom 10?

Maybe not bottom ten but close. The worst heroes are Black Widow, Captain America, Deadpool, Hulk, Invisible Woman, Punisher, Scarlet Witch, Thor. The top of that heap is like Daredevil, Ms. Marvel, Nightcrawler, Taskmaster, and possibly Colossus and Spider-Man but they are likely a bit higher tier.

e: I forgot, Hawkeye and Jean are pretty bad too

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 22, 2014

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Lux Aeterna posted:

Actually here's the daily survey: At this exact second, who do you guys think are the weakest 10 characters on the roster (52 review or not)?

Without a doubt, Deadpool, Hulk, Punisher, Scarlet Witch, and Thor are the five worst heroes in the game. The next five are a lot trickier; Craptain Amerikkka is almost certainly next on the list but then it gets pretty subjective because there's that whole pile of mediocrity I just posted above and it'll depend on what content you like to do, your tolerance for certain mechanics, gearing difficulty, etc. Personally I will go with:

Nightcrawler - although he is pretty good at speed running/clearing cosmic terminals his damage is pretty woeful overall. His design is overall very solid and he can be fixed with very little effort so I think it's reasonable to say he will become amazing again relatively soon.

Rocket Raccoon - I hate the way pet classes are designed in this game in general and their gearing is hosed up. He does mediocre damage at best. Also transformation ults are the worst.

Loki - I have never liked his playstyle except for his brief time in the sun as Marvel's Phantom Lancer. His spells are all wack and his ult is just terrible. The only thing he has going for him is that awesome teleport skill and his sig.

Black Widow - I really like this character in the comics and movies and she has the best costume in the game, her Fear Itself costume. Her design is TERRIBLE. It's just a stupid hodgepodge of bullshit with no cohesion whatsoever. Her skills are the opposite of synergistic, they have multiple layers of redundancy for no discernible reason. Her secondary resource makes no sense thematically and adds very little flavor or value to the hero. She has THE worst sig in the game. Speaking of redundant, not only are her uniques among the shittiest in the game, they are largely redundant in the same slot - HER KNIFE UNIQUE DOESN'T EVEN ADD TO HER KNIFE SKILL OR TREE. She needs a total rework even more badly than Ms. Marvel does.

I'm cheating here but #11 is definitely Invisible Woman - terrible design, awful damage. She's worse than the four above heroes.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

In alphabetical order, the worst 52-reviewed heroes in the game:

Black Widow
Captain America
Daredevil
Hawkeye
Human Torch
Invisible Woman
Loki
Ms. Marvel
Nightcrawler
Rocket Raccoon
Spider-Man
Taskmaster

The others are in great shape. I would avoid playing any hero that is on this list and also the ones that haven't had their 52 review yet.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

PaybackJack posted:

What? I thought HT was on the top list, isn't punch torch ridiculously good in dps?

It's pretty gimmicky, he's too fragile to be all up in raid bosses faces like that. He has ridiculous aoe and is great for terminal and midtown style content.

Lux Aeterna posted:

Worst is different than "fun to play to 60". Some of those guys were a blast to level; they just taper off very quickly and aren't as competitive as some other choices in endgame stuff.

Yeah that was poor phrasing on my part, I meant literally that I, me, am not going to play those heroes in their current state. The damage is one thing but I also find them to be either boring or clunky to play. Sometimes both!

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Lemon Curdistan posted:

What are you smoking that Taskmaster makes the bottom 10 list? Dude's fun, relatively well designed and has decent numbers.

Ms Marvel is neither of the first two and debatably the third, and easily make that bottom 10. She's in a better place than the non-52 heroes for sure, but she's in a worse place than almost every 52 hero, mostly owing to her undesign.

Fun is subjective. IMO he is very boring to play mechanically, but he does have a lot of style and his voice lines are among the best in the game. His damage is pretty mediocre and I find his design to be quite slap-dash. That said, he is in a better place than Ms. Marvel, even though I think she can do more damage. It's unclear.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Thing is pre-52 and miraculously not in the bottom ten.

He's absurdly durable, has a good ult, and recently got a small QoL update that made his single-target damage "acceptable" instead of "total garbage." He's not amazing or anything but there's something to work with there.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Spidey is great unless you want to solo Cosmics or participate in a Raid. Then he's too flimsy and his DPS is pretty low.

Fun to level and fun powers but numbers need some love.

I stripped his blessings and valuable hear until they buff him, which I hope they do, he's my favorite (tied with Squirrel Girl)

Yep, Spider-Man has been my favorite Marvel superhero for as long as I can remember and I think they did a relatively decent job of porting him to an ARPG. He's really fun to level but not even being able to solo cosmics efficiently is a big downer. Newsburger (RIP, please come back to MH) has an insanely well-geared Spider-Man and he was doing well for a while but was already dropping off when he quit. He lacks damage layers and the dodge nerf is still affecting him very adversely, they need to give him a big chunk of pure evasion and bump up his damage numbers quite a bit. He could use another DoT, Superior Spider-Man used his claws all of the time so maybe they could give him a bleed but I'm relatively sure that such a skill would not be not ok with Marvel.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

TBQH I have never liked that playstyle, I only switched over from beams because punching was doing so much more damage at the time. I got bored of melee man a month or so ago so I took a break for a while and respecced him to beam build literally last night but I'm having way more fun with Psylocke and will probably end up using Cyclops as my ranged guy.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Eiffel On You posted:

You know there is a ttk video of Ironing Man beams doing it in 57 seconds. That's 3rd place after Rouge and GR.

Yeah, I watched it. That dude used rank 20 ult for that TTK, I thought that didn't count. There are only three things that I don't like about beams Iron Man: Repulsor Barrage is clunky as gently caress, The One-Off has a very long animation time and a very short radius, and it's relatively hard to get gear that caps Barrage at 50 ranks.

I'm very interested in cheezybread's 1:03 Nova TTK.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Just did a 1:50 TTK on Iron Man. I only have rank 40 Repulsor Barrage - Insignia isn't cosmic upgraded and I rerolled my +2 to Ranged Skills cosmic cybernetic affix off. Nisanti Boots instead of a cosmic slot 4 with +ranks to Repulsor Barrage. Only 2760 Omega Points.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Robot California

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

for the longest time I thought the 'oh look. an avegner. we're saved' line was from Punisher

that's funny i thought it was wolverine and i was like why would logan say this hes a venger

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Deadly Assassin doesn't make Kirisute Gomen do 20% more damage because Deadly Assassin gives you base physical damage ie 800 physical DR and she already has like over 200% so it's more like 6% more damage. It does make hybrid build using KG indisputably better than pure mental using Psi-Strike.

Lux Aeterna posted:

Still voting that worldstone rates needed to be toned back like 20%. Also going on record saying seasons 9 and 10 of sg-1 were pretty fun and farscape was awesome. If I'm going to draw ire I'm going to do it right.

You are absolutely correct but good luck convincing the rabble that they're getting too many circuses and peanuts. The drop rate was too high in comparison to the other events.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

vandiar posted:

I made a Psylocke+Waspfriend guide if anyone is interested: http://marvelheroes.info/build/426/

If anyone has any comments or thinks I'm doing anything wrong please let me know. Psylocke owns that is all.

I don't find Psi-Thrust to be worth using in rotation even with the short animation time. It's possible that you are jumping through too many hoops to make sure that Assassinate benefits from Wasp's passive and it might be more DPS if you don't do that, but I'm not sure, of course.

Personally I haven't needed ESP Box to keep my spirit up so I find it strange that you need it using Psi-Thrust every two seconds, but the crit is always good. I prefer using Doop Ectoplasm in that slot since it provides untyped DR.

I don't think using Falling Lotus Strike in rotation is a net DPS add because the animation is quite long and it can move you out of position a bit. I've maxed Psionic Assault instead, the debuffs are relevant and I suspect that not using it in rotation may be why you are having spirit issues.

I'd do some dummy TTKs except that ironically not using Psi-Thrust makes it impossible to keep up my spirit on the dummy which is messed up because it works fine in actual encounters. I took her to the red raid where we beat the twins and never felt like I was running dry. Something is definitely hosed up with the dummy.

e: I noticed that you aren't using Psionic Vortex to apply Vulnerability, do you have it from some other source because I think it would lower your TTK but we are both running into hotkey button issues here, that's part of why I don't use Psi-Thrust

e2: I have a horrible suspicion that the spirit usage in the training room is working as intended and it's bugged everywhere else, much like damage shields. If that's the case I will have to use Psi-Thrust (and ESP Box) and then my hotkeys are going to get all hosed up

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 24, 2014

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Soothing Vapors posted:

Oh dear. Is an ESP box going to be necessary now?

I'm not noticing any issues at all, no cooldown on Deadly Assassin spirit proc in terminals/whatever

Leper Residue posted:

So if the fix is in for cyclops, then focused beam still isn't worth using. Both at rank 42

Focused - 23,427 * 4 = 93708
Optic - 47800 * 2 = 95600

Optic also has the bonus of hitting more than one target and slowing the enemy.

gg, I was afraid that would be the case

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Phyresis posted:

I'm not noticing any issues at all, no cooldown on Deadly Assassin spirit proc in terminals/whatever

Actually I had pym shrink on for max shrinkage. I took it off and it's hard to tell what the spirit return is like because the bosses die too fast but it does look like it has an ICD.

Leper Residue posted:

So if the fix is in for cyclops, then focused beam still isn't worth using. Both at rank 42

Focused - 23,427 * 4 = 93708
Optic - 47800 * 2 = 95600

Optic also has the bonus of hitting more than one target and slowing the enemy.

A few of us aren't getting this result, do you have Area DR items or something?

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 24, 2014

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Kelp Plankton posted:

My jughead build for today's test center build. This has a 99% chance of changing significantly before live so don't memorize it yet.

I'd like to hear what other people are using, and if anyone has found a use for the stuff in the first tree. I considered using the headbutt to layer the bleed on bosses but I think the DoT from the middle tree might be easier to use and stronger since you can ignore gearing for that first tree and just focus on 2 and 3. Dunno.

From what I can tell Lariat's damage is too poor and its Momentum building is too slow to be to be worth using at the moment over just maxing/dumping points into Stride. He can use Lariat 14 times every ten seconds - I timed it. It's a shame because the power makes sense thematically and feels good in rotation. I will recommend (and you guys should as well) that Lariat should build extra Momentum and do more damage.

I'm not sure if Devastating Charge is even worth putting more than one point into because its main use seems to be to tap to regen half of your Momentum and then use either Enter the Fray or just Stride to top off. Maybe it should restore more Momentum if you charge it, up to 100% at a full charge.

I think Big Headbutt is definitely worth maxing and using even if you don't wear any gear that adds to Mystical Powerhouse, not that there is much of that, besides the ranks from the Hammer of Kuurth. (They're definitely moving away from adding +ranks to individual skills on uniques, which is better design overall as it doesn't force you into certain builds but it makes the newer heroes a bit harder to gear out for.) The DoT damage is huge and it has a relatively small Momentum cost. It is almost assuredly a net DPS increase against bosses.

I'm not sure which is better: Wrath of Cyttorak or Scion of Cyttorak. Scion gives you twice as much Momentum over time and a ridiculous buff but Wrath of Cyttorak does absolutely ridiculous damage (and crits almost every time) and gives you the Momentum up front. It's a bit harder to use Scion's Momentum efficiently because of the cooldowns on the spenders. With Wrath you generally just dump it into a Big Elbow Drop.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Juggs pretty fun so far, I have some ideas on what would make him even more fun:

Lariat - Dump the basic tag (it's so weak...) and make this the spender for the Unstoppable tree. This clothesline should hurt, so have it spend say X momentum to deal +50% total damage, similar to Heavy Punch but it's for a movement build. The movespeed on this skill needs to be upped from 600 to (Stride's value) + 50.

Stride - Needs to be a mini version of his sig, dealing damage twice a second in a small aoe around him as he moves. This will now combo well with Lariat as you plow through mobs gaining momentum and spending it to toss out devastating clotheslines.

There are a few other tweaks that should be made to some powers, cooldowns need to be lowered in several cases and raised in at least one other (Elbow Drop) and of course his damage and items still need a going over.

I don't know if I agree that Lariat should be turned into a spender. Big Elbow Drop is pretty sweet, it's already brutaling for over a million damage with some random gear on. It would be fine if they made Stride do damage to enemies he passes through but I would prefer if they buffed Lariat so that I could use it as the primary Momentum builder, as I stated above. It feels good to use in rotation. At this point I'd be satisfied if they made it build a lot more Momentum and left the damage as-is. Striding around in mid-battle to regain Momentum just feels weird and wrong.

There are some interesting new mods on his uniques but they definitely seem weak overall. His total HP seems somewhat low as a "tank" character even though three of his uniques have Health on them. Juggernaut should be one of the most durable heroes in the game; his toggle(s) help of course but he should really have a sizable health pool for accuracy's sake. Even if you stack Health he barely breaks 20k. He does have a lot of physical defense but because of diminishing returns it soft caps around 50%, which isn't much more than the average hero, percentage-wise. I used an Uru-Forged Armor for his runeword (God of Mischief seems to be the best option, even though a few of his powers are Movement tagged) but on live I may use War Gauntlets for 200 DR at the cost of 1% Physical, 2% Energy, and 2% Mental damage reduction. Actually that doesn't seem great.

His other two basic attacks seem to serve no purpose whatsoever. As it stands, his best option is to build Momentum as fast as possible, keep the two DoTs up, and dump the Momentum into Big Elbow Drops. The whole rotation gets messed up if they put a longer cooldown on Elbow Drop. It's possible that you'd have to put points into another spender but it's more likely that his overall DPS would go down significantly. At least there'd be no reason to build Momentum as fast as possible so Lariat wouldn't need to be buffed :downs: Silver linings, people.

Unstoppable Charge (his sig) is pretty much exactly what everyone was expecting and wanting but it's a little weird to use on single targets. You just kind of run in a tight circle through/around the boss. There's nothing to be done about this and it's not exactly a big problem but I feel like I'm not squeezing all the damage out of it, which is slightly unsatisfying. Maybe it should do bigger damage in more discrete chunks or something.

Juggernaut feels great overall. Mystical Powerhouse needs some major buffs but I'm not sure how much you can improve a tree that has two useless basic attacks in it. Maybe the problem is that Big Elbow Drop is too good at the moment but nerfing it would make the character significantly less fun. His biggest issue at the moment is that building Momentum is a little awkward and clunky. He'd be a great character even if he went live as-is but it would be very nice if they figured out that whole situation.

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Oct 25, 2014

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Stride seems to generate more Momentum with Elektra Medallion on, which is funny. The spirit regen on the Medallion is supposed to proc upon hitting but it seems to work while simply running around.

Eiffel On You posted:

My only main suggestion is he needs an ability like Feral Roar to recharge momentum OR it needs to decay slower.

It would be nice if Don't You Know Who I Am restored some Momentum. Personally I'm not overly concerned about the rate of decay; making it decay slower would be a nice QoL improvement but fixing the way he builds Momentum is more important to me.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Am I missing something or does he not have a crit passive?

He does not have a crit passive but there's a massive amount of critical rating on the short duration buff from Scion of Cyttorak and there's no reason not to use Gungnir. You need to get a Sacred White Gorilla Necklace asap. I'm glad that I already have one waiting for him. There is a decent chunk of crit on his slot 5 which is best in slot at the moment. I have around 45% critical chance on TC and could probably get to 50% with some gear upgrades.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

It actually seems to be very easy to get Juggernaut's crit to decent levels (unlike Psylocke.) I switched some gear around and now he's sitting at right about 50%; it would be even higher if I was using Footstigons instead of X-Men Boots (which I find to be rather mediocre overall.) Latverian Monarch Cloak is probably better than his own slot 3, Lord Brimstone's Hide is better offensively than Armor of Cyttorak at the cost of a bit of defense and Overseer's Mace is just better than Hammer of Kuurth. Too bad I have none of those items! I don't even have a Midtown Guardian's Signet on this TC build because I finally got it to drop very recently. Attack speed seems pretty useless on him so AMSA is mediocre at best. Right now I'm using Danger's A.I. Chip, GoK, ACCoC, and Gorilla Necklace. I'd use my Hyde's Formula but it also dropped after they copied over this build. I'll probably replace the AI Chip with it on live.

I just tried the Mystical Powerhouse spec again and it just doesn't seem good at all. The main problem is that Heavy Punch does pretty awful damage, even when spending Momentum. I also feel like Sunday Punch could also use a bit of a buff; the restrictions are quite annoying in practice. The rotation seems overly complicated and is not very satisfying compared to the other build. Stopping to throw out some (extremely slow) Heavy Punches breaks the flow of combat and Sunday Punch is frustrating to micromanage because you have to be at > 75% Momentum when it comes off of cooldown. Sunday Punch punishes you for having a bigger Momentum pool whereas Big Elbow Drop gets better the more Momentum you have. Nevertheless this spec seems to be surprisingly comparable to Unstoppable and with a bit of tweaking it could be viable. The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that they will put a longer cooldown on Big Elbow Drop. That kind of sucks and I hope they don't just poo poo on BED and call it a day because his DPS will be kind of mediocre overall.

e: Scion seems better than Wrath for Powerhouse spec. I'm wondering if his sig is even worth using in single target situations because the cooldown is quite long. It will take more theorycrafting and testing to determine whether or not it's worth speccing.

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 25, 2014

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

vandiar posted:

I tried removing Psi-Strike, maxing Psi Assault, and swapping out the Wasp Team Up ,and I was just constantly 6+ seconds behind my Psi-Strike build no matter what I did. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong button pressing wise, and I tried swapping in her Slot 3 to see if it could make up the difference.

After some tinkering with the Psi Strike build, I was able to bring my time down to 60 seconds (thank you Phyresis for pointing out Psionic Vortex). Ultimately it doesn't matter what build you choose as long as you're having fun, and maybe somebody else will get similar results to me. Thanks again for the help.

I'm probably going to respec to max Psi-Strike instead of Projections.

Leper Residue posted:

Oh, for some reason I always though the -duration was just for the dots, not everything. Not sure how I feel about that now.

MT wasn't working for me last time I tested it but idk if it's worth getting even now that it works. I read that most of his damage doesn't even come from Focused Beam but that might be outdated information. From what Cyclops players have stated it seems like FB could use a damage buff.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

oops I meant Psi-Thrust, I'm not giving up Gomen

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Kirisute Gomen hits far too quickly to make use of Idol of Khonshu, which is a shame. IIRC, there is an internal cooldown on the proc but even if there wasn't an icd on it Gomen Nasai hits around four times a second whereas Psionic Assault only ticks twice a second so at most it would apply to every other hit. I'll probably end up using Hyde's Formula on her instead.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Is Typhoon doing more DPS for you than Psionic Assault? I'm sure the melee tag helps. Also Assault's animation seems to be long enough to adversely affect her Gomen DPS. It's not terrible but I'm sure it's a factor.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

vandiar posted:

That is one thing that has been suggested I try, previous testing of it showed it to be not as good as Psionic Assault but I'll change some things around and see what results I get. I do really like Typhoon as it does not interrupt the rotation at all and hits quite hard, plus your projections add a bit more damage to it as wel.

I wonder if it's possible that it would be more DPS to max both Typhoon and Assault at the expense of not maxing Psi-Thrust or even some combination of Telekinetic Prowess and Deadly Assassin.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Lux Aeterna posted:

bannertech/loh/elektra core is 1600 hp/sec sustain. My perfect core for him is a spirit/loh/invuln combo.

Elektra and Advanced Bannertech Accelerator are only proccing their health procs when you hit with Lariat, Devastating Charge, and the initial hit of Enter the Fray. They are not proccing from EtF's tremors or Stride. There's also some weird thing going on where you don't proc both at the same time. They should both be proccing from a single use of Lariat but they aren't. One will proc first (can't tell which) and you have to use Lariat or whatever again to proc the other. Sometimes they both proc on the EtF hit, though. Very strange.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

They certainly aren't providing 1600 hp/sec sustain and ideally you don't even use Lariat so in that case they're even more terrible for health regeneration. I doubt the "Stride to build, Elbow Drop to dump" build is how they want Juggernaut to play so I'm not exactly invested in the gimmick to begin with. If it does go live like this stacking a bit of spirit (Momentum) in certain slots will be optimal because most of his DPS is coming from Big Elbow Drop.

e: What the flying gently caress, now they're not proccing off of Lariat and sometimes they proc from the tremors? This is completely bizarre and I can't find any rhyme or reason to it.

e2: Proccing off of Lariat again. It's like every time I run from the blaster dummy to the raid dummy something changes.

e3: Holy poo poo I figured out part of the puzzle: Bannertech doesn't have a 100% proc rate anymore. They stealth nerfed it. This still doesn't answer all of the questions but it's a large piece of it.

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 27, 2014

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Lux Aeterna posted:

It's probably the proc rate or possible icd on it in addition to the coefficient on the tremors being <1 (and lariat too). All I know is hit lots of poo poo often and you don't lose hp.

Elektra Medallion has the 2s ICD and also a coefficient. Bannertech seems to have no ICD but it's very hard to tell because the proc rate is very low. Supposedly coefficients are supposed to be per ability but there is a stark difference between the proc rate on the Medallion and Bannertech, across many different characters and Movement abilities. In fact, the proc chance seems to be based on the item rather than the Movement power you are using. Not sure if this is intentional or what. At any rate, it makes Advanced Bannertech Accelerator a poor choice for any Juggernaut build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Lux Aeterna posted:

I think it's too early to disagree because there should be 1-2 more iterations before juggy goes live but you can have proc chances on both items and skills. Starstone has a 20% on hit and a dot has a 50% proc coefficient so it's an effective 10% proc rate. I wouldn't be surprised if bannertech is >50% on top of all the other weird stuff.

If juggy ships live exactly like this, bannertech is niche and great for trash clearing but nothing else. If they iterate on him and give lariat some love, I think it makes the artifact a better overall pick. Gorilla/gok/accoc are a lock and the last artifact should have some more crit focus- tm is probably best.

Sure, but Starstone Tooth says 20% right on the item's description, whereas Advanced Bannertech Accelerator and Elektra Medallion have misleading tooltips. I tested both items on several different heroes and powers and the proc rate is terrible, even on crashdown abilities. The proc rate on Lariat (and other dashes) is quite low.

• Locked thread