Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Ya'll vs Y'all?
Pens vs Pencils?
Seat up vs seat down?

Lets argue on the internet. Is another argument going on not about what you want to argue about? Post anyway! We'll do two, three or even twenty at once. I don't want to see any of that orderly D&D poo poo in here. I want this thread to be a madhouse in true internet argument style. It's fun. Lets have some fun.

Also, it's ya'll and anyone who disagrees should :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Who the gently caress are all these 13s and 14s coming in here with no avatar and just laying down their opinions I ask you we used to be a forum of standards and look what it's gone to garbage I say garbage all of it

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Harime Nui posted:

Who the gently caress are all these 13s and 14s coming in here with no avatar and just laying down their opinions I ask you we used to be a forum of standards and look what it's gone to garbage I say garbage all of it

'14 :patriot:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
when you turn right GET THE gently caress OVER and make your turn don't block traffic in the lane behind you DUMB gently caress

(left for british people)

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
People who say "Can I....?" when they mean "May I....?"

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Why don't they stay in the training wheels forum (Post Your Favorite) until they've sucked and hosed their way into having a gang tag like a proper poster is all

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
everyone who disagrees with me is an rear end in a top hat, anyone who agrees with me is cool

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Kylra posted:

Ya'll vs Y'all?
Pens vs Pencils?
Seat up vs seat down?

Lets argue on the internet. Is another argument going on not about what you want to argue about? Post anyway! We'll do two, three or even twenty at once. I don't want to see any of that orderly D&D poo poo in here. I want this thread to be a madhouse in true internet argument style.

with penis vs pencils the pencil usually wins

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
epic yixxers and lf offsiters bringing their bad ironic selves back from the dead harime

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

afeelgoodpoop posted:

epic yixxers and lf offsiters bringing their bad ironic selves back from the dead harime
If they're so epic then why are they so bad huh?

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Kylra posted:

Ya'll vs Y'all?
Pens vs Pencils?
Seat up vs seat down?

Lets argue on the internet. Is another argument going on not about what you want to argue about? Post anyway! We'll do two, three or even twenty at once. I don't want to see any of that orderly D&D poo poo in here. I want this thread to be a madhouse in true internet argument style. It's fun. Lets have some fun.

y'all

It's short for "you all"

The ' takes the place of the "ou "

Jesus Christ this is like 1st grade grammar, not rocket surgery.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

why do drivers think they don't always have to use their turn signals? goddammit i can't avoid being in your way if i don't have a clue you want to turn in on the side street i'm walking across

e: thanks shroomie for taking the bait on that one

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Shroomie posted:

y'all

I am an idiot who thinks it's short for "you all"
You take the vowel out of the second word in contractions just like "do not" turns into "don't". "Ya all" turns into "ya'll". jfc

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

paper or plastic? gently caress you, you cum guzzling fucknigger, how about both?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Puppy Galaxy posted:

paper or plastic? gently caress you, you cum guzzling fucknigger, how about both?
Look at this fucker destroying the environment by wasting resources. I hope you die in the next tire fire.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

oh, you put a kale garnish on my plate? great idea, you drizzling cuckfag

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Puppy Galaxy posted:

On that note, store clerks who try to put every little loving thing in a bag. I'm buying a pack of smokes and a bottle of juice and I carry a huge purse, why would I need a plastic bag?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Puppy Galaxy posted:

oh, you put a kale garnish on my plate? great idea, you drizzling cuckfag
Screw those things those. When I get them I storm into the kitchen and throw it at them while yelling, "WHAT IS THIS NASTY poo poo ARE YOU TRYING TO POISON ME?" The look on their faces is just great because they know I'm right.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
kale is good for you

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Kylra posted:

You take the vowel out of the second word in contractions just like "do not" turns into "don't". "Ya all" turns into "ya'll". jfc

Wikipedia posted:

Y'all
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Y’all (/jɔːl/ yawl) (sometimes ya'll or yall) is a contraction of you and all

Boom, roasted.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
look at you guys arguing about the proper way to spell y'all which isn't technically a 'proper' word to begin with

the answer is it doesn't matter because language evolves with time and the common spelling/usage is the right one.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Shroomie posted:

Boom, roasted.
Of course you would reference something from one of those yankeepedias. I'm a southern girl I know my ya'lls from some doodley poser.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

look at you guys arguing about the proper way to spell y'all which isn't technically a 'proper' word to begin with

the answer is it doesn't matter.
Get out of my thread. This is a very important subject you don't know anything.

LudwigVon Lugnuts
May 15, 2005

When the hell did I put Greenman on?!!
Jewelry isn't pronounced JURY you loving hood rat.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Harime Nui posted:

same, but 08's and ++

edit: and 07's

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 18, 2014

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

the answer is it doesn't matter because language evolves with time and the common spelling/usage is the right one.

Get the gently caress out of here with that logic.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Shroomie posted:

Get the gently caress out of here with that logic.
gently caress you I like logic. I'm gonna modus ponens your rear end.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Dongattack posted:

same, but 08's and ++

edit: and 07's

:regd04:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

y'all is technically short for "the big boi pubic highway"

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Dongattack posted:

same, but 08's and ++

lol old regd's think their opinions and forum were so much better somehow, how's your aarp membership and hips treating you :smug:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

lol old regd's think their opinions and forum were so much better somehow, how's your aarp membership and hips treating you :smug:
If we hadn't fought in the forum wars of aught 8 you wouldn't have HAD these forums to post on. Show some respect, kiddo.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

wow you loving oval office, this forum is built on my tears, back when the posts were good, goldmine meant something, lets play was a unknown term and the 07's lurked in constant fear of being banned for excisting

HOW DARE YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I hate the term aught when describing the 2000s, people that use it probably say affirmative in their daily life.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Kylra posted:

Ya'll vs Y'all?
Pens vs Pencils?
Seat up vs seat down?

its y'all

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
the sound of people eating potato chips really grinds my gears!

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
idk why but some people when they pick up a phone don't seem able to stop themselves saying regarding

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

gorki posted:

idk why but some people when they pick up a phone don't seem able to stop themselves saying regarding

or literally, everybody says literally now and it literally drives me insane

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013
i just want to come here say gently caress boomers, at least if they were being all smug about it i wouldn't mind that they're owning me but instead they're just acting like they don't know any better

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
*nasally*

:rolleyes: uhhh thats actually not a pet peeve the definition of a pet peeve is in fact--

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
-pineapple on pizza
-saying gif with a hard g
-toilet paper on the inside of the roll
-bicyclists

gently caress all these people subhumans

• Locked thread