Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
The only reason to ever eat a hamburger at a chain franchise store is if you're a literal child whose parents don't care enough about you to cook proper food, or a homeless panhandler who can't get service anywhere else. For the same price as a McDonald's meal you can get actual food that has vitamins and poo poo in it and that isn't going to give you simultaneous indigestion and malnutrition. Learn to cook.

Also if you go to chain restaurants as an adult then you should probably think about developing your loving palate. If your excuse is waah boo hoo I'm a poor university student and I can't afford anything fancier than Olive Garden, then here's a tip: go to your city's local chinatown/mexicotown/afghanistantown, find a hole-in-the-wall restaurant that's full to the brim and doesn't have a single white person eating there, and eat something cheap that isn't westernised pablum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I dont think the USA has knives and forks.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
so is netflix

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
This is a good thread, OP, keep it ticking over and you will get to four or five pages easily. Well done.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
yesterday after drinking i had a burger king double bacon cheeseburger with fries and snuck a can of beer into my soda cup then i vomited all of it violently on the bus home

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

agreed

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
kebab owns

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Zzulu posted:

kebab owns

it really does

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Zzulu posted:

kebab owns

loving truth. You see this? (everything except the rice in the corner)

AU$15

You wrap the meat and sauce and salad in the bread and jam it in your face-hole, and that would comfortably be a hearty lunch for two people and (bear in mind we're talking Australian pricing here) it's the same price as two meals at Hungry Jack's or McDonald's. It's loving delicious, you actually feel full after eating, and you don't poo poo yourself to death from dysentery if you eat it more than once or twice a month.

Also, learn how to use chopsticks, and if that's beyond the capacity of your wheezing goony frame then don't use those training chopsticks with the hinge on them because the only thing that looks a bigger twat than the guy eating noodles with a fork is the guy using implements that even a literal 3-year-old Chinese kid would be embarrassed to be seen with.

Breetai fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Oct 19, 2014

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
You just don't know any good fast-food places. I can get a forearm-sized wrap with fresh salad, feta, peanuts and beef for 5€ at my local health food corner and watch it get made right there. If you see anything wrong with that, you're dumb.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Cardiovorax posted:

You just don't know any good fast-food places. I can get a forearm-sized wrap with fresh salad, feta, peanuts and beef for 5€ at my local health food corner and watch it get made right there. If you see anything wrong with that, you're dumb.

Hey, pop-up restaurants and small joints that make you a quick bite to eat are fine, but the minute you start settling for lukewarm glop that's been sitting under a heating lamp in a bain-marie since 6:30 in the morning or eating stuff with salad in it that was delivered to the restaurant homogenized, pre-chopped, pre-tossed, freezerburned and wilted in a plastic bag rather than in actual head-of-lettuce recognisable-as-being-something-recently-dug-out-of-the-ground form then it's a slippery slope towards making your culinary decisions based on what plastic toy comes with your meal.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I suppose I can agree with that.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
We must secure the existence of fresh food and a future for traditional cooking.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Kochensraum in the Osten

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Its actually depressing these threads even exist.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Breetai posted:

We must secure the existence of fresh food and a future for traditional cooking.

Who is "we"???

Don't force your idealogies unto us

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Cooking is boring as poo poo op. And most fast food is cheap and delicious.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Time is money, and wasting time cooking your own greasy lovely food is stupid when I can buy a Big Mac and eat it in half the time.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Also I don't want to eat disgusting food just to "expand my pallet" because I'm not a loving retard

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

spoken like someone who has never had a decent meal in his life. sorry your mom can't cook.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Breetai posted:

go to your city's local chinatown/mexicotown/afghanistantown, find a hole-in-the-wall restaurant that's full to the brim and doesn't have a single white person eating there, and eat something cheap that isn't westernised pablum.

DurRrr White People Food lol yea ok OP..

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

breetai i agree with your message but you post like you're an Oatmeal comic

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i had 3 pieces of the colonel's finest today to deal with my hangover

to prepare for the trip i donned my faded metallica 'kill em all' t-shirt and blared slayer from my radio constantly to fit in with the other troglodytes

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
i get those frozen greggs sausage rolls and cook them at home.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Cardiovorax posted:

spoken like someone who has never had a decent meal in his life. sorry your mom can't cook.

My mom can cook alright but I prefer fast food chains. Restaurant food takes forever to get and is expensive as poo poo, also often not good. Holeinthewall and foreign foods often contain bacteria because of not so strict hygiene rules and is always either really spicy or really disgusting. McD is ready available everywhere, has the same menu and lots of alternatives and variation.

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.

Breetai posted:

loving truth. You see this? (everything except the rice in the corner)

AU$15

You wrap the meat and sauce and salad in the bread and jam it in your face-hole,

There's like, a tiny amount of meat, then some kine of wrap, and some lettuce. gently caress that. Same thing as a dollar-menu burger, except more expensive.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

serious norman posted:

My mom can cook alright but I prefer fast food chains. Restaurant food takes forever to get and is expensive as poo poo, also often not good. Holeinthewall and foreign foods often contain bacteria because of not so strict hygiene rules and is always either really spicy or really disgusting. McD is ready available everywhere, has the same menu and lots of alternatives and variation.

I hope you get nuked.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

taco bell is great if youre daf (drunk as gently caress)

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

serious norman posted:

Depends on where you're going, but I can understand the hygiene concerns. On the other hand, you know the kind of people who work in a McD's. Just throwing that out there.

Dangit Ronpaul
May 12, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

Depends on where you're going, but I can understand the hygiene concerns. On the other hand, you know the kind of people who work in a McD's. Just throwing that out there.

never really got why people are more concerned about getting food poisoning from some mom and pop ethnic place than from fast food

like, you know your local mcd's is staffed entirely by idiot kids and meth addicts, but on the other hand, brown people

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I think ima head over to popeyes later today op get some of that fried chicken and those wonderful biscuits

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Dangit Ronpaul posted:

never really got why people are more concerned about getting food poisoning from some mom and pop ethnic place than from fast food

like, you know your local mcd's is staffed entirely by idiot kids and meth addicts, but on the other hand, brown people
Who are also mostly brown people, if any mcd's I've ever been to is any indication.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
McDonald's is trill.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If you're malnourished and have indigestion from like, a burger at mcdonalds try to be less of a weak ninny, op.

but I'm lolin' if you say mcdonalds tastes better than like, real food, that's pretty childish too.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
What OP doesn't realize is that fast-food is not exclusively deep-fried/carb-loaded foods like burgers and pizza

if you dont live in a poo poo city, there are plenty of healthy "fast-food" alternatives like sandwich/salad shops

also some ethnic street food are also good

i still like burgers and pizza tho :twisted:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Fast Food has the double benefit of being a cheap and easy way to keep the poors fed, and making them unsympathetic by turning them into greasy lard-balls. It's why the labor movement in America started going to poo poo right after the first McDonald's popped up

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
wackarnolds is pretty dope OP

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Take a deep breath and chill out OP

You seem really angry, like not a very fun person to be around

I thought we'd gotten rid of most of the GBS "angry" posters :shrug:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Chopsticks are for those who wish to make eating a more difficult experience. I'm not using a manual when I can get a loving automatic. (I eat sushi with my hands urmph)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Duck and Cover posted:

Chopsticks are for those who wish to make eating a more difficult experience. I'm not using a manual when I can get a loving automatic. (I eat sushi with my hands urmph)

it is in fact entirely ok to use your fingers to eat sushi and i hope more people will take this into consideration next time they're sushi'ing

• Locked thread