Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
as an lp superstar i approve this change and hope it remains this way forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ive made a lets play but i posted it in gbs because lets play is bad

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

not that gbs is good or anything itsj ust not as bad

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

about time

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

for posterity

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Coolguye posted:

same

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Coolguye posted:

Same

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

niiiiiiiice

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
same

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
seems good

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lol.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Blind Sally posted:

for posterity

Thank you. I did not know what the gently caress the OP was tying to say and I thought he had brain ddamage, until now.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
which holds more power, the name given or the name taken?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Hmm. So it is.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
This is the greatest thing to happen to the Let's Play Industry.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i was going to make a lets play then i realised that it was a lot more effort than i was willing to put in to ruin a video game for other people

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

yep

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Entertainment is a misnomer though.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

keep it this way

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Iggy Koopa posted:

ive made a lets play but i posted it in gbs because lets play is bad

but so are you though

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it is a good day, to be a gamer

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i was going to make a lets play then i realised that it was a lot more effort than i was willing to put in to ruin a video game for other people

yeah i've entertained the idea before but then i realized i just don't care

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"hey i'm going to make a thread in Let's Play and tell people that they can't discuss spoilers, not even in spoiler tags" -a retard

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

"hey i'm going to make a thread in Let's Play and tell people that they can't discuss spoilers, not even in spoiler tags" -a retard
why is this retarded

i mean every other lp thread has people going 'HEY NOT TO SPOIL THINGS BUT LET'S SAY AERITH IS SURPRISED WHEN SEPHRIOTH... DROPS IN' and poo poo

if you dont want people spoiling the game then you kind of have to make it so people can't even imply them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Y-Hat posted:

"this guy broke the op's made up rules, i better ban him" - a retard

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I was forever banned from making LPs before LP was its own subforum. Votes insisted I played the PSP Megaman 1 as the melee character. It was loving impossible.

That's my story. Thanks for reading.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Endorph posted:

why is this retarded

i mean every other lp thread has people going 'HEY NOT TO SPOIL THINGS BUT LET'S SAY AERITH IS SURPRISED WHEN SEPHRIOTH... DROPS IN' and poo poo

if you dont want people spoiling the game then you kind of have to make it so people can't even imply them
there are spoiler tags for this exact reason. i'd say it kills the kind of things that people can post but the more posts an LP thread has, the worse it is (which is a general rule of thumb for threads on all of SA tbh)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

there are spoiler tags for this exact reason. i'd say it kills the kind of things that people can post but the more posts an LP thread has, the worse it is (which is a general rule of thumb for threads on all of SA tbh)
well i mean the thread turning into a bunch of black bars isnt good either

if you allow spoiler discussion then it turns into pages and pages of black bars every five minutes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Endorph posted:

if you allow spoiler discussion then it turns into pages and pages of black bars every five minutes

no one cares

complaining about spoilers is a sure sign of being a nerd that takes game of thrones more seriously than real life.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Endorph posted:

i think it's just arbitrary as to which threads have them. it makes sense for RPGs but not for platformers (which i have seen applied to the Super Mario 3D World thread)

also

elf help book posted:

"this guy broke the op's made up rules, i better ban him" - a retard

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

i think it's just arbitrary as to which threads have them. it makes sense for RPGs but not for platformers (which i have seen applied to the Super Mario 3D World thread)
yeah i can agree with you on that

Real hurthling! posted:

complaining about spoilers is a sure sign of being a nerd that takes game of thrones more seriously than real life.
im not a big fan of rape actually

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

I am.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Endorph posted:

yeah i can agree with you on that

see if that poo poo was spoiled you could have saved a lot of time. *doinks you on forehead ala v8 commercial*

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Heran Bago posted:

I was forever banned from making LPs before LP was its own subforum. Votes insisted I played the PSP Megaman 1 as the melee character. It was loving impossible.

That's my story. Thanks for reading.

roll is really fun

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Doctor Goat posted:

roll is really fun

I couldn't beat ice man. gently caress.

Maybe I'll try it again in a few years when PSP emulators can handle a smooth 1080p.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Heran Bago posted:

I couldn't beat ice man. gently caress.

Maybe I'll try it again in a few years when PSP emulators can handle a smooth 1080p.

they already can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Endorph posted:

hm yes the aesthetics of the esteemed somethiong awful let's play thread is very important too me *drinks own piss*

• Locked thread