Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

June 30, 2008. The world ended over the tiny English town of Moreton-in-Marsh. In France, a searing pillar to the heavens lit up the night sky. In Scotland, earthquakes tore through the countryside. As for England - the people of England saw nothing. Felt nothing. Half the country was obliterated instantly. Around the world, news outlets reported that a 'cosmic body' had 'impacted' in the English countryside. Vague words for such horrific, unprecedented destruction. The next few hours brought a flurry of updates, videos, and foreign entities offering aid - until the next impact. This time, it was La Serena, Chile. Then, Cairo, Egypt. The world's response turned to panic. More and more comets fell, raining down indiscriminate destruction. From the rich to the poor, the powerful to the meek, nobody was safe.

Within the month, all humanity's great civilizations were dust. What had not been vapourized by direct impacts had been torn asunder by the shockwaves. The deaths were countless. Surely, the death toll measured in the billions - but who could count a billion bodies? More importantly, who was even left to do so? Few survived the heavens' apocalypse. Those who did were left with little. Clearly, they could never go back to the way things were. There wasn't enough left to rebuild. There weren't enough people left to rebuild. Furthermore, something different began to emerge, something that fundamentally changed the survivors' reality...

Magic had returned to the world. Slowly, as the survivors tried to pick up the pieces, they started to notice things they couldn't quite explain. People with strange powers, able to heal, destroy, or alter reality with a thought. The dead returning to life. Strange monsters roving the scorched wilderness and the ruined cities, looking to prey on anyone wandering alone. What the sudden presence of magic had to do with the devastation wreaked across the world, however, was a question nobody could answer for certain. While some were quick to call it an act of God, and others called it an act of the Devil, most of the survivors' effort went towards just trying to stay alive from day to day.

--------

It is now two years after the apocalypse. Whoever you were before, those lives are well and truly gone. You've had a bit of time to acclimate yourselves to your new world. You've found some way of coping with the fact that everything and everyone you knew is gone - though some cope better than others. You've learned to scavenge. You've learned how to work with others to survive - but at the same time, you've learned not to trust others too easily. You may even have a little magic in you. Perhaps you know how to cast a few spells. Perhaps you're blessed or cursed. Perhaps magic has brought you back from the dead. Perhaps magic doesn't do it for you and all you have to rely on are your wits and your muscles. Whoever you are, you're alive. You've somehow managed to survive the end of the world. That's more than can be said for most.

Wherever you're from, you've managed to find your way to the charred husk of Buffalo, New York. You hadn't expected to find much when you came here. During the apocalypse, a comet hit very near the city - so you figured all you'd find was a pile of ash on your way to the next semi-intact area. However, when you and your group were looking for a safe place to bunk down for the night, you stumbled upon an unexpectedly large cache of food and supplies. You decided to stay as long as the cache provided.

That was a month ago. You've stretched the cache to its limit, and despite your best efforts, you haven't found anything else nearby. Between that and your seer friend's ominous portents about Lake Erie, you're feeling like your time here is coming to a close. It's time to venture into the wasteland again. Whatever dangers, discoveries, allies or enemies await you, your current home will support you no longer. It's time to venture forth.

-----------------------------------------------

CHARACTER CREATION

We'll be using the system Tavern Tales! If you've never heard of it before, don't worry. It's quite simple - it'll only take you about 5 minutes to read through the character creation rules. They're all on the linked site, all for free, and you don't even need to download anything. The system is fairly free-form and allows for all the typical fantasy archetypes, mixing and matching thereof, and then some!

Build level 3 characters. ***The default character creation rules place you at level 3 on creation! Just build standard at-creation characters!***

The world is present-day and the level of technology fits accordingly, but obviously everything's gone to poo poo. Resources are scarce. Exercise your own judgement as to the kinds of things that you might have been able to find and that might have survived! Reflavour things as appropriate.

I've been very vague about pretty much everything. Feel free to fill in whatever gaps you want!

Don't feel forced to trick out your character for combat! Sure, the world is full of monsters and just plain old ordinary hostile people, but combat won't always be the best way to deal with them and those won't be the only challenges you'll face anyway. At the end of the day, I want you to build the character that you'll have the most fun playing. Whatever you come up with, there will be something for you to do.

Loss and fear are inherently a significant part of this world. While this is a fun elf game and I'm certainly not going to have things be all negative all the time, please feel welcome to bring in serious/heavy themes as appropriate. That being said, as appropriate is in big loving bold letters! If you do/say something that someone else isn't comfortable with, be prepared to be told to stop doing that thing! I want everyone to have fun.

Related to the above, the basic premise of this game is: People have everything they know torn away from them and are thrust into a fantasy world they don't understand. As far as tone goes, be ready for some highs and lows. There's room for discovery, excitement and the occasional stop to smell the roses, but there'll also be times where you're tired, starving, and there's no safe place to stop and collect yourself. Please make sure the tone of your characters is at least basically congruent with this range.

--------

For bio/backstory, please answer the following questions. If you really want to write some other stuff, I won't stop you, but I would definitely like these questions answered:

Who were you before the apocalypse?

There's someone (or something) from before you dearly miss. Who (or what) is it?

Where have you been since the apocalypse?

Someone you've met since the apocalypse has left a strong impression on you, for good or for ill. Who are they?

What's a rumour you've heard about a monster or a dangerous place?

What's a rumour you've heard about a great cache or a promising community?

-----------------------------------------------

CONTACT/STARTUP

This game will be played using Skype and probably Roll20. I pick Roll20 only because I'm familiar with it, but if it absolutely doesn't work for you, please let me know (and propose an alternative!)

I am dr.wordplay@hotmail.com on Skype. You can also find me in #badwrongfun on IRC.

We'll be playing on Fridays, starting at 6 PM GMT (7 PM GMT after Daylight Savings Time ends at the start of November). Not sure how long sessions will go, will have to play them out and see what works for everyone. If you have limits on how long you can play, let me know!

The party will be 5 people - but Wahad and Hashtag Yoloswag have spots reserved, so we're looking for 3 people.

Wol fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
TRAVEL LOG

Companions
=========

What We've Seen
=========

What We've Heard
=========

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
This sounds really cool, will roll up a character once I get back from work tonight!

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.

Eager to try this out.

I'll have something up as soon as possible.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Like so many others that day, I died.

It was a sudden thing, really. Out for a run, I saw it coming, a great wash of bloody crimson and putrid green, and then it was done. All that was left was the void. Emptyness. No heaven, no hell, just nothing. I was one of billions, and everything I was was gone in an instant. Countless people died, and I was just another of those countless. Anybody who would miss me died, too. Faceless, nameless, countless.

Like so many others that day, I died.

But unlike them, I got better.

Admittedly, "better" is a subjective term. Sure, technically I can't die. I can persist where others falter from exhaustion, and my strength is bordering on superhuman. So that's pretty good. But my body has no particular healing powers, so I look as bad as I feel. Some geezer I once met saw me come back to life, the energy that holds my body together slowly knitting flesh and bone into some semblance of humanity. Nobody wants to deal with the undead, so any alliance I make is tenuous at best. I might not be able to die, but any crippling blow still cripples, and I can be taken off-guard like any other.

So as a whole, things aren't particularly good. But I'm alive, to a certain extent, so I persist. I walk the wasteland and try to get by like anybody else. Whatever is keeping me from death, I'd like to find out what it is. At the very least so I can lay down this empty body and pass on like I was meant to - because honestly, being immortal is not all it's hyped up to be.

--------

I don't remember all of it, to be honest. The whole death thing put a number on my memories. But there's bits and pieces. I was young-ish. I had friends. Family - a mother, a brother. A rabbit. Baseball, too. I was a player. I was pretty good at it. But that's all. I don't have a name, or an age, or anything else.

There's someone (or something) from before you dearly miss. Who (or what) is it?

Honestly? I miss all of it. I miss being alive. I miss the joy of laughing with friends, the ecstasy of winning a game of baseball, the comfort of home-cooked food and a warm bed. But now I'm cold as death, and alone, and homeless. How couldn't I miss it?

Everywhere and nowhere, mostly. I just went where my feet would take me. Stores at first, to see if I could get some food and drink, gear to protect myself with - you know, the usual. I remember waking up from the disaster in Memphis, so I guess that's where I used to live... but I've just been wandering ever since. Looking for a place to stay. For somebody that'd look past my dead body and see a lonely person just looking for a friend. Nashville, Raleigh, Richmond...all the big cities on the way would've had more people there, right? More people means more of a chance that one of 'em isn't scared, or an rear end in a top hat.

Or so I hoped.

Someone you've met since the apocalypse has left a strong impression on you, for good or for ill. Who are they?

When I was in DC, I met a guy who'd set himself up in the ruins of what was once the White House. He had this weird magic going, where he could touch a body and just paralyze anyone. Just like that; one touch, and freeze. Everybody in the area was pretty afraid of him, even the ones that were loyal. Well, except me. For some reason, he couldn't freeze me. Probably because I am what I am, but whatever, I didn't question it. But Count Logan, as he called himself, was pretty interested. So he had his goons ambush me so he could study me.

I don't like to think about that time.

Everybody I've met says that you ought to avoid Chicago. They're a little unclear on why, though; some say it's because a bunch of giants have set up shop there and are feuding every day for territory, others say it's an elemental breeding ground with a massive storm at the center. Whatever the reason, it's clear enough nobody wants to go there; so I don't, either.

I met some religious folk a while back. All clad in white, hopeful and strong-willed. They told me about this big place where they were making a pilgrimage to, where you could find safety and peace. I travelled with them for a while. Well, until they found out what I was and threw rocks at me till I left.

--------

pre:
Name; Countless
Stats; Brawn 2, Finesse 1, Mind -1, Spirit 3
Toughness / HP; 14 / 56

Themes; 
Arcane, Savagery, Undeath

Signature Trait; 
Reanimate [Undeath]
When you gain this trait, work with the GM to create an iconic death condition (decapitated,
your phylactery is destroyed, staked in the heart, etc). Unless you die under those conditions,
gain creative license to reanimate within about 1 day to 1 week (the GM decides when) with full
life.

Traits; 
Dead Nerves [Undeath]
You have +4 toughness.
You are immune to disease and terror.

Detect Magic [Arcane]
You can detect and experience magic with your normal senses

Large and In ChargeThe Perks of Being a Zombie [Savagery]
Increase all rolls you make to intimidate, scare, and coerce.

Gear; Adventurer's Pack
Weapon; Spear [Melee/Staggering]
Gold; 90

Wahad fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 20, 2014

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

We Are The Road Crew.

Deadeye Amy, at your service.
Need something shot dead, I'm your gal.
Goblins molesting your sheep, look no further.
Don't worry about the eye, I was just picking my nose and missed.
But seriously, don't try anything stupid and we'll get along just fine.

I was just a student back then. Of what doesn't really matter anymore.
Me and some friends were on a trip in the middle of nowhere when everything went to poo poo.
We stuck together, did pretty well for ourselves for a while.

I miss a lot of things. I miss warm beds and toilet paper and soft serve ice cream.
I miss sleeping at night without having to have someone standing guard.
I miss my family.
But what I miss the most is what I lost afterwards.
We'd made it almost five months together. The six of us.
We had promised some folks to hunt down some kind of gribbly, screechy things in exchange for supplies.
Then someone didn't like that.
Now it's just me.

He was tall, very regal looking. Certainly cleaner then anyone we'd met in quite a while.
We were poaching, he said, claimed we were killing his livestock or something.
We tried to argue of course, but a heartbeat later, he plucked my eye right from it's socker.
I blacked out, and when I woke up, there was no trace of anyone.
I'll never forget that face, I can tell you that.
I hope I'll see it through my crosshairs next time.

All over the north-east, pretty much.
I kept travelling, shooting stuff for people.
Getting used to this wierd sight I've had since I lost my eye.
I don't know if anywhere will ever feel like home again.

There's a house, I've heard, that stands completely intact, surrounded on all sides by nothing but rubble for miles and miles.
At night, you can hear a song of some kind coming from inside. Voices in harmony.
If you listen too closely, it gets stuck in your head.
Then you start humming, and then you go towards the house.
Wherever, whenever, you need to go to the house.
You go in, and then another voice joins the chorus.

A bunch of hippies or something supposedly made some kind of deal with a bunch of nature spirits out west a bit.
Food, water, shelter.
As if you could ever trust them.
What, exactly, are they getting in return?
People are bad enough on their own.

pre:
Name; Deadeye Amy
Stats; Brawn -1, Finesse 3, Mind 2, Spirit 1
Toughness / HP; 10 / 40

Themes; 
Tracker, Psionics

Signature Trait; 
Mind Control
Once each quest, describe how you control the mind of an 
unimportant creature within a close distance → 
Take complete control of that creature for about 1 hour.

Traits; 
Eagle Eye [Tracking]
You roll +1 damage die on your ranged attacks.
Your weapons that have the ranged keyword have the accurate 
keyword for free.
When you enter combat, you can immediately make a free 
ranged attack.

Etheric Sight [Psionics]
Increase all rolls you make to see things.
You can see extremely small and extremely distant things. 
You perfectly remember everything that you see.

Psychic Impression [Psionics]
At any point, select a characteristic (intelligence, strength, 
attractiveness, etc).
Others perceive you as having that characteristic for the next 
several hours. During this time, increase a single 
roll you make to use the characteristic. You can’t select another 
characteristic until the effect wears off.

Gear; Adventurer's Pack
Gear; Light armor
Gear; Lockpicks
Weapon; Rifle[Ranged, Accurate, Reach]
Ammunition Bundle Lot's o Bullets
Gold; 30

Sax Battler fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 14, 2014

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Ebrum

I'll answer the questions tomorrow, probably. I did it.

Ebrum is a perfectly ordinary post-apocalyptic dude who happens to have a horrible-looking, freakishly large cranium. His giant head and superpowered brain grant him some strange powers, like the ability to cause explosions just by thinking about it. In addition, his ability to read minds lets him know exactly how creepy and unsettling you think he looks at all times.

I was a nobody, really. Your stereotypical basement-dwelling shut-in. I spent my days with fantasy novels and RPGs, pretending to live the lives of people stronger and braver than myself. I guess it's ironic that now in the new world, I seem more like a villain. To be honest, who I was back then doesn't really matter any more. I'm just Ebrum now.

More than anything else, and certainly more than any human, I miss the internet. That was where I lived, back before the end of the world. That was where I felt like I had power. Of course, I have a different kind of power now, but if I could trade all the mind reading, the explosions, and especially the god drat migraines, all to get back onto the internet, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I've spent the last year and a half travelling east, starting from California. When I started out, I was trying to avoid the memories of my old life. East seemed as good a direction as any. Now that I look like this, though, most people would rather shoot me on sight than take their chances with a monster, so I try to keep moving and stay away from people as much as possible. And the few that are willing to take me in, well...They can't hide what they're thinking from me. I'm never really welcomed or wanted. At best, I'm tolerated. It's not long before I get tired of the looks, the stares, and I move on.

As far as important places go, the Salt Lake City crater site has had the biggest impact on my life. Pun completely intended. You see, that's where I touched a fragment of one of the meteors. And felt...compelled to bring it with me. And after I'd carried the fragment around for a while, well, that's when the headaches and the voices started. And of course, it wasn't long before that led to...what you see before you. When I realized what was happening, I tried to ditch the crystal. But I couldn't leave it anywhere without getting a pounding migraine when I got too far. So here I am, still carrying this thing around with no idea what it's doing to me.

There was this guy I found in Colorado. Took me in, told me he could fix what was happening to me. I trusted him, because at that point I was already reading minds and I didn't detect any hostile plans. After eating a meal I passed out and woke up strapped to a table, just before he plunged a knife into me, trying to sacrifice me in some hosed up ritual. Well, I stopped him, and by stopped him, I mean I splattered him across the room with my mind. And that's how I learned that, even though I could read minds, I still couldn't trust anyone. I still don't know how he deceived me. Maybe he really did believe he was helping me.

There's a colony of giant fire ants living in Central Park. Like, people sized ants. And when I say fire ants, I don't mean red ants, I mean ants that are perpetually on fire. You don't believe me, you can check it out. I'm certainly not going back.

Everyone knows about the rumors of the storage vault below Wall Street. Supposedly, it's stocked up with enough supplies to last a few hundred years, and apparently nobody's managed to get past the defenses and get inside. I think it's a myth, personally.

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Oct 22, 2014

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Hey people who are apping, could you please have your apps done by the end of the weekend? Thanks!

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Molly the Moth WHO TOTALLY SOUNDS LIKE ROSABETH FROM DARK SOULS 2 IN MY HEADCANON LIKE SHE IS JUST /FRIGHTENINGLY/ PERKYHOPEFUL FOR A MOUTHLESS, INHUMAN CREATURE

Um...gosh, I don't know why everyone's so down on this whole end-of-the-world thing! Sure, things are different in some not-so-nice ways, but...oooh, everything's so much *brighter* and newer and different and...wha? Oh! Haha...

R-right. Giant wings and mouthparts and...I keep forgetting this is weird.

I keep forgetting a lot of things, h-heh...like, have you ever had this feeling like you can't tell if you were a lady or a grub Before? 'cos sometimes I do, like when I first burst out of my cocoon everything was just so wonderful and *new* but then I got worried 'cos it shouldn't feel this new, right? and I tried thinking of...you know, remembering what happened right before you go to bed? Um...that's what humans called it when they cocoon themselves, right? Going to bed? And everything was just kind of...fuzzy. But, I talked to someone in this cute little enclave just outside the forest, and after the CHRIST WHAT THE gently caress ARE YOU STAY BACK OR I'LL loving...eeeeh, you get the idea, after all of that, after they cooled down? (literally! 'cos...'cos they were a magma, um, magma person, get it? Haha...) They said that lots of humans turned into, y'know, not-humans! So...so maybe I was a human too and now I'm just a moth-ier human, right? Or maybe I was me and I'm just a bigger, human-er *me*, or...I don't know, but I definitely want to find out!

I'm not just some monster, right?

...i remember things, even if they're a little fuzzy. I do! I'm not just some stupid *bug* with a head full of fluff! I remember...someone friendly. I think we met when we were still larvae? 'cos I remember spinning....no, that's not what humans call it. Um. Knitting! Yeah, that's it. We met in a knitting, um...thing. And I remember listening to music, and feeding together, and talking a lot, and...

We, um, cocooned together. I think. Is there a word for cocooning together but, you know, in a....*that* way? With someone you care about? 'cos I think we did that.

I miss her. (...They were a her, right?) And I miss remembering, and....it's not silly to hope that we'll find each other again, is it?

Lots of places! There's just *so* much to see, so many beautiful places and....
You have to be careful, though! 'cos just because something is pretty doesn't mean it's not...

Have you heard of Arcadia Park?

Have you heard of, um...Queen Meg of Arcadia Park? (The signs all said 'Acadia,' but she swore up and down that it was Arcadia, and...I dunno! Is it like a silent letter, except the opposite? Humanspeak English is weird...)

I awoke from my cocoon-sleep in a forest. And I wandered for a little while, I went into a city but then everyone was really scary and angry, so I ran off and I wandered some more and eventually I found the signs that said "Acadia National Park," and soon enough....

I remember human-stuff. Sometimes. (Remembering's kinda like squinting, but with your headparts.) I remember cookbooks and coffee-table books and books about...twilight? and....these really silly novels with names about swords or castles or whatever, and creatures like...fantasy novels. That's what they were called!

I was lost, scared lost, sick-to-my-stomach lost, and she found me. This woman like something from the cover of one of those books, wings as big as mine and this big gown made of leaves and flowers that looked like it was *growing out of her* and a voice like...something about her voice made my fear just melt away. .////. A lot melted away, honestly...like, the next few weeks were a blur! (At least, I think they were weeks? Oh gosh, I hope it wasn't longer...) She took care of us -- others like me, 'cos she said we were children of the forest -- and they looked like stuff from those books, too! Lots of pointy ears and funny wings and waterfolk and treefolk (except they were nicer than a lot of treefolk are!) and animals and...

(e: gonna finish this tomorrow afternoon)

Cities are nice, 'cos there are lots of interesting things to see, but...not everyone's so agreeable. Like, have you heard of Oakland? There are....I'm not making a joke! Jeez, I don't know why you'd say such a mean thing... I've heard that there are a lot of treefolk in Oakland, and they don't get along with anyone! And there are people covered in flowers who've been fighting with them for months, and...you don't want to get caught in the crossfire! I've heard stories of what happens, oak-kay?

Haha...get it? Oak-kay? That's...that's a pun too, right? I remember puns.

pre:
Name:????
Stats: Brawn -1, Finesse +3, Mind +1, Spirit +2 
Toughness 10 | Life 40

Traits
Jack-of-All-Trades [Bardic Lore signature trait]
Gain 1 temporary trait from any theme. Once each day, at any point, you can replace 
that trait with a different trait.

Current temporary trait: Tumblr [Thievery]

Entangle [Nature]
Describe how you entangle a creature → Deal melee or ranged damage, and the target 
is tethered to the ground. It can’t move more than a near distance from its current 
space until the root is broken. The root has life equal to your toughness. Resisting.

Flight [Dragon] 
You have safe fall 10.
When you gain this trait, work with your GM to establish a milestone at which point 
you become a terror of the skies. Before reaching that point, you can glide. After 
reaching that point, you can fly. While gliding or flying via this trait, roll -2 damage die.

Multicultural [Bardic Lore]
You can communicate on a very basic level with others even if you don’t share a language.

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 3, 2014

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I'm not able to commit to each Friday so will not be filling in a sheet. Still want to wish you all the best of luck!

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
We'll be starting next week! Methane, please add me on Skype.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Wol posted:

We'll be starting next week! Methane, please add me on Skype.

I'm going to be travelling this Friday, but future Fridays should be fine.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Armel the Rabid

I worked as a bodyguard for the CEO of a large company, Chrono-Tek. They were a major manufacturer of high-end watches,
but as the CEO's bodyguard, I had...a bit more clearance than most. Behind the scenes, they were experimenting with
time travel. None of their experiments ever really worked out though.

I haven't seen my boyfriend since the world ended. I can't get my hopes up that he's even still alive, but...I still
think about him every day and night. Maybe it's for the best though; would he even still like what I've become?

I wandered the streets for a few months just trying to survive, hiding from monsters and eating whatever I could find
that wasn't obviously rotten or poisonous. Then the bandits found me - I was scared shitless, but something snapped
inside of me, and before I knew it, I'd killed three with my bare hands and sent the rest running.

Apparently the Bandit Prince has sworn to take revenge on me for killing his men. I don't know his real name or what
he even looks like, but I do know it's not an idle threat; he controls a good third of the city. What's left of it, anyway.

There's a crater where one of the comets fell on the edge of Lake Erie, where some kind of creepy purple light shines from every night. I heard that a team of survivors went to check it out one night; apparently, only one came back, and he was completely catatonic. Supposedly still is.

I've heard that more and more survivors are gathering in Pittsburgh and have sort of rebuilt a little community there. Well, at least as far as you can these days.

pre:
Name; Armel the Rabid
Stats; Brawn 3, Finesse 1, Mind -1, Spirit 2
Toughness / HP; 10 / 40

Themes; 
Thievery, Savagery, Occultism

Signature Trait; 
Rage [Savagery]
At any point, begin raging for several minutes if you aren’t already raging and gain soak equal to your toughness. 
While raging, you roll +1 damage die and others roll +1 damage die against you. You can also greatly
increase 1 attack against an eligible target.

Traits; 
Murder [Thievery]
You roll +1 damage die.
When you make a 21+ attack, roll +2 damage die.

Gut Instinct [Savagery]
The GM describes your gut reaction to the environment or the situation (an uncomfortable chill crawls up your spine,
something lurks in the shadows, you feel perfectly calm and safe here, etc). Your gut is never wrong.

Deal With the Devil [Occultism]
Increase all rolls you make to negotiate, exploit the law, and convince others to indulge their dark desires.

Gear; Adventurer's Pack
Weapon; Stop Sign (Melee/Staggering)
Gold; 90

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
I've thought about it and being one player down in the first session should basically be fine for this game. Everyone please RSVP s'il vous plait and let me know if you're down for Friday.

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

We Are The Road Crew.

Still on, just currently really busy.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Might be starting late tomorrow?? Got a thing in the morning, not sure how long it's going to take. Should be starting at 8PM GMT at the latest, though if you're around anyway, check in at 7PM GMT and see what's up.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Everyone going to be around this week? Mostly asking the Uncle Sammicans in the group.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I should be good to go on Friday.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
This Friday, I have an exam at 9 PM GMT. Is there any other time we could schedule a game? Any other day is fine for me.

Edit: To be clear, I'm only looking at changing the time for this week. Not permanently!

Wol fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 8, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
I can only do Saturday.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Let's try Saturday at the usual time and see what happens‏

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
For those who weren't in Skype at the time I announced this: I'm not going to be around over the holidays. Next session might be January 2 but will probably be January 9. Let me know if you'll be able to make it!

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Wol posted:

For those who weren't in Skype at the time I announced this: I'm not going to be around over the holidays. Next session might be January 2 but will probably be January 9. Let me know if you'll be able to make it!

January 9.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Sadly I'm gonna have to bail on this. I have a new class schedule, and my Friday mornings are now really busy. It was fun, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Aw, that's too bad. Well, it was great having you! We'll all miss your goony bighead.

• Locked thread