Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"
...I'm seeing a long list of 'Sorry, this person moved or deleted this image.' - usually I only see those kinda posts when going back to a half-decade-old LP (For example, the more well-known of the KoDP LPs on this site lacks any images, as far as I can tell; To fully enjoy it, I had to use the images on that off-site storage place, and then read the audience participation in the archived thread)
Is this just the LP curse, or have you given up on this thread too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"
It seems you've got more subtitles this time - probably just the choice of timing on the screenshots - which makes something even clearer to me: I played far too much Morrowind back in the day (or, rather, did too much amateur modding without a skip-the-start mod to make testing faster)
As in, I can recall the voice and 'tempo' of the lines even like a decade later (particularly 'and the choice is yours' during char-gen)

Am I alone in this? Are the voices just perfectly suited to burrow into people's ears and stay there?

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.

radintorov posted:

And you don't need mods to quickly skip through the introduction and character creation on subsequent playthroughs. :v:

Err, what?
I mean, what are you talking about?
There can't have been a way around that, could there?
I mean, I can't have listened to the same few lines on repeat for days on end without needing to, right?

...What way is there to skip introductions and/or char-gen on new-game-plus-esque?

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.

Shbobdb posted:

Why are you afraid of "breaking the game too early" when you are already using console cheats? You can do so much in Morrowind. Accepting consequences is part of the game. "Too bad I can't complete that quest, but at least I got a nice house out of it!"

Well, to be fair, the likely reaction of a normal person to the situation would probably be to hide the body a bit better, then go back and say 'Ah, couldn't find her, is there someone else I can talk to?'
I mean, I didn't get the impression she was the only source of info, just that she was the source the game put there.

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.

Antistar01 posted:

Also, all this respecting the Mages Guild Oath bit about not stealing from other members is making me feel sort of guilty for almost always stealing those filled soul gems on Galbedir's desk when she goes downstairs during that quest. In my defense though, they're worth a fortune.

I've also not yet seen anyone choose to not take just about everything valuable from the 'Supply' chest - which, presumably, is meant to be used in moderation and only as needed.
Player characters generally never cease to be murder-hoboes, even if they're sometimes more civilized than usual.

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.

ScreamingLlama posted:

Using it builds the Long Blade skill, though.

So claymores are Long weapons of the Bladed variety. Doesn't make them a longsword.

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.

Antistar01 posted:

But yeah, sometimes it happens that bribery is a little weird in context.

Eh, actually, Mount and Blade also does the 'bribe to get money' - though they specifically frame it as 'I'll give you a discount - equal to what would normally be my commission - if you'll just pay right now' with, in my opinion, the implication that if they say no they'll just keep getting people coming by, and they might not be so nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.

tlarn posted:

Speechcraft was in the same situation as Lockpicking in Oblivion in that you could completely skip tagging those skills if you knew how the minigame worked, yeah?

Meanwhile, in Morrowind, only the greatest speakers that ever lived could manage to befriend someone without using magic or giving them money - or, for that matter, get into a bar brawl.
It actually kinda explains why some people can seem a bit incompetent; Sure, they COULD go talk to the guy across the street to get their stuff back... But their speechcraft is low enough that they'd just make a fool of themselves.

• Locked thread