Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I'm hoping for a Dybbuk. They had a nice take on that in the original Kolchak series.

Doubt it. Since Hollylolly's guess is the one made with clay. Although now I need to look up yours because I was raised Jewish and while the name sounds familiar, I don't actually know that story. I'm behind on my random folklore knowledge, goddamnit. Edit: That's where I've heard it. The Unborn and The Possession. Sorry, Dybbuks don't make it into Hebrew school for reform Judaism. I have no clue if they make the cut for Conservative or Orthodox Judaism or if they only show up in Jewish Mysticism, which is pretty much considered BS and not taught at all to kids. The Golem story only made it into one class because the Golem of Prague story is a fairly recent one, compared to most of the other big stories. Kind of funny, I just googled "golem" to find the date of the Golem of Prague and found a page that is under the impression that "Gollum" from lord of the rings is "Golem". Am I an idiot for thinking that Tolkien didn't intend for people to read them as the same things?

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I wonder if he'll Talk Like This.

I hope not, but he probably will. Then again, they are usually controlled by a person, so it might not have the ability to talk. They might end up spending the majority of the time looking for its "owner". Did the one on the X-files talk? It's been a long,long time since I watched that episode.

Bored fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Mom hexenbiest looks awesome. That Hebrew was weak. He didn't sound like he was injuring is sinuses.: :colbert: They really should have just threw some fiddler on the roof on in the background instead of the faux-Mediterranean music during his incantation.

Goddamnit, hurry up and give Nick back his powers.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 15, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Oh good, Adelind's not back. Although Roselee's happy "So what now? Do you just have to sleep with Nick?😃" is just wrong.

"oh my god, it's real! I was really, REALLY hoping that I stuck my hand in a pile of dog poop and not clay earlier."

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 15, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Astrofig posted:

Wow, what's the deal with the trippy crying walls?

That was pretty awesome, but all I could think of was "Beware!"

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

hangedman1984 posted:

Renard's mom is a really vigorous lover

Awesome.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

For being a hexenbiest, Adelind sure does suck at picking up on mind-fuckery.

I would imagine Nick would have more of a problem sleeping with someone who looks just like his rapist, then Juliette would looking like her.

Edit: goddamnit I love Bud.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 22, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Hope they actually show Trouble's fight. She is awesome at stage fighting. Yay!

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 22, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Astrofig posted:

She also technically raped him. There's that.

Thank you. I thought maybe the show wasn't going to gloss over that part. Since Nick couldn't sleep and decided to scrub blood out of the floor instead, I thought maybe they were going to show some post-traumatic stress. But now I can't quite figure out if the writers are or aren't viewing it as rape (which it definitely is). I have a very difficult time being sympathetic to Adelind's plight after that.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

hangedman1984 posted:

My personal interpretation of Adalind is that she really is an incompetent character who manages to pull off everything she has, not because she is clever or scheming, but through sheer dumb luck. It like how Regards mom was figuring out the spell and was all impressed with everything she managed to do, then the scene cut to Adalind being stupid.

Actually, I didn't think of it like that. The only way she could do make the spell was by figuring out how to open her mom's spell book, and she only figured that out by luck. Considering Sean's mom knew the trick to opening the spell book, maybe all hexenbiests are supposed to but Adelind was just too stupid to pay attention in hexenbiest school (which is like Sunday school for hexenbiests).

That would also explain how she could be a loving mother while her mom was really terrible to her. I figured hexenbiests were just supposed to be evil and hateful to everyone, their offspring included, but maybe her mom was just very, very disappointed in her short-hexen-bus kid.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

The hat was happy to see them.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

gently caress. Finally getting his grimm senses back.
Edit: oooo. An Indian wesen.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

They're gonna try to strangle him and his living death powers are gonna kick in.

Edit:hahaha. I was wondering if she was pregnant. Or if Adelind was now and that's why Juliet was having abdominal pain.

Bored fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 29, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

pentyne posted:

And the idea that a Wessen-friendly Grimm army/militia forming in Portland would hilarious just for more scenes with Bud weirding out over the whole situation.

This is also a cool idea since it makes Portland more of a threat to the Royals. Portland would have 3 grimms refusing to put up with their political bullshit. Is Reynard's mom going to try to kill Kelly for her granddaughter? It'd be nice if they could get word to Kelly that the grandmother, whom nobody but the Portland grimms and company know is alive, wishes to take custody. It would be a safe place. Safer now that Adelind's loose.

shades of eternity posted:

Since Rudyard Kipling has been mentioned, how about the Grimm Man's Burden? :p.
Felt the need to fix that for you. Sorry.

Bored fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 30, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

ETB posted:

Do guest stars get paid less? She is rather new to the industry, right?

Just checked the original article I read about how she got the role. I didn't know if she had graduated college yet or not. At the time of that article, they expected her to graduate with her class, so she shouldn't have had to take time off of shooting to finish this season.

Accretionist posted:

I hope she sticks around and starts getting bit parts in action movies.
Yes. She is loving awesome to watch fight.

Here's an article from May about how awesome the cast is. The site makes you answer 2 questions in order to read the article, which is loving annoying. I just thought it was cool that Sasha Roiz loaned her his bike.

quote:

Sasha Roiz, who plays Captain Renard on "Grimm," "lent me his bike, so I was able to get around. I'm thankful to the people there for, number one keeping it weird, and just for welcome me with open arms."

Bored fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 2, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Accretionist posted:

She's actually certified in stage combat!

I know. I actually searched for that after her fight with whatever-the-shoplifting-monster-was. I was like,"She is awesome at this and dancers usually don't even make fight choreography look that awesome. What is her background that she is so good at this?" She actually puts a lot of power into the choreography and I don't think I've seen a woman, even in action films, put that kind of power into fight choreography before. I thought it was really cool. She gives the moves weight, is what I mean, if that makes sense.

Like, last week, I was watching Nick fight to try to figure out if he makes the moves look as awesome. But I think they choreograph differently for him, which makes sense for the character as well as the actor, so it was difficult to say. It was still an awesome fight scene, but didn't make me think,"gently caress, he is awesome," like Trubels fight scenes do.

Bored fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 2, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

JD Bucks 7 posted:

I was surprised to see so many comments and no one point out what I thought was an obvious plan for the writers: Josh and Trubel get together. Whether he Grimms or not, she will become his lover and savior and they can go off to wherever they go off to and be written out of the show.

Is this sarcasm? I've been reading the tumblr thread and I can't quite tell if you are serious about this or not.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

hollylolly posted:

I think he's saying that the Trubel + Josh theory you propose as 'obvious' is terrible and sounds like something a tumblr shipper came up with (he's been reading the SA thread about tumbr recently and couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not).

But I could be wrong!

You are correct!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Mukaikubo posted:

I'm laughing at this point because it's easier to laugh than rage. Clearly there's only no romantic interest because the writers were in too much of a hurry to get Trubel off the show to develop even that much. We thought "No, the writers can't possibly be that bad at their jobs". Surprise! They might be that bad at their jobs. Honestly, am I going to come back to this show after the winter break? I dunno. Maybe? poo poo. Trubel was a desperately needed breath of fresh air, and the writers just kind of shrugged and hastily wrote her off. Maybe she'll come back for Special Appearances down the line, but I guess they didn't want her on the main cast for reasons. loving christ, Monroe and Rosalee are the last things on the show that regularly show up that I actually enjoy watching more often than not.

Are we just, like, deciding to drop FBI Conspiracy Birdcop Plot? I mean, I wouldn't be that surprised given Grimm's tentative and distrustful approach to continuity, but that seems like a lot of effort to be tossed out with Trubel. That's literally the only thing giving me hope that this might be a grand fakeout, which would be Really loving Stupid but not as Really loving Stupid as actually getting rid of the character outright.

But no, I guess we've got to free up more time for loving Adalind in Vienna. gently caress this show.

Pretty sure nobody would have given him a hard time if he hadn't said they were going to be "lovers". I even went back after he was so baffled by my response to make sure I didn't misread that he thought they were going to become romantically involved. I still don't think they are saying that Truble and Josh are gonna hook-up, that way. All of the posts your quoted said that Truble will not likely be sleeping with Josh because that is weird. The posts said nothing about Truble leaving the show and the writers using Josh as an excuse. It was a weird comment. It is weird when people automatically jump to the conclusion that when two single people talk, they will soon be loving.

Also. You need to calm down. The actress might have other work to do and this was the easiest way the writers could think to write her off for the moment. For the most part, this show has been very good at writing against our expectations, which is one of the reasons I like it.

Bored fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 6, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

I think it would be amazing if he was brought into the team, digitized the books and developed a Wesen ID app - and it was also available to fans of the show.

gently caress yes.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I've been taliking about the Casablanca/Lisbon vibe since the first season :colbert:

And I still think you are correct. At least, I hope that's what Reynard is going for. I'm gonna be sad if he is actually considering world domination.

Edit: hey jackass working with Wu, he said call for backup.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 13, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I don't remember the cut in half guy.

I didn't see anyway that guy wouldn't have some kind of repercussion, even if it wasn't his fault that he was killing people.

Wu :(

And oh no! Wesen racists and newly born hexenbiest! Godamn cliffhanger.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

Well, that's a twiest I didn't see coming.
ftfy

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Maybe it's not Adalind's fault that she seems to suck at the Hexenbiesting, Reynard's mom said this would work, but didn't mention this as a side effect.

Meh, gonna spoiler it in case someone from the west coast stumbles into the thread. None of this is a spoiler for people who have already watched this episode.
I figured it was because Juliette isn't a wesen. But it would be pretty funny if Adalind sucks at Hexenbiesting so much because she has flawed HexenDNA or something. Like an extra chromosome or something. Since they actually have used genetics for plot progression in the past, it's not too far fetched for Adelind to just be a genetic anomaly.

I still wouldn't be surprised if Trubel was written out for a little while because she had other stuff she wanted to do. And, as you mentioned, Wu would arrest her on sight.

I might be in a minority, but I kind of like the idea of Juliette basically being infected with wesenism. Now there's no way she can escape from the Grimm world and we still have Hank for the human point-of-view. She could leave Nick and Portland and pretend she doesn't know anything about wesen and probably live as safely as any other humans do.

But if she's turning into a hexenbiest, considering she hasn't been raised as one, she would be far less safe than a regular human would be. Didn't Adelind need the heart of a hexenbiest to reinstate her powers? There are probably plenty of other wesen that have rituals or spells that call for hexenbiest body parts.

If she does become a hexenbiest and learns how to do hexenbiest stuff, she and Rosalee can open up a wesen hospital instead of just having the informal wesen clinic Rosalee currently has.

Bored fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 13, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Ravane posted:

You're saying you want Adalind to have wesen down syndrome? :confuoot:

Yep. That's where I was going with that. Because I am a bad,bad person.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

03. You get actual diarrhea. But it's, like, really bad diarrhea. Luckily the local Fuchsbau Farmacist has something for that.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Azhais posted:

That sounds more like part of the Ordo Hereticus. Warhammer 40k crossover!

It's the wesen kkk. And there's probably some sort of magic ritual involved.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Just caught up. Godamnit, it's a two parter. Sure, people bitch a bunch whenever their cliffhangers get resolved within one episode, but I wanna know what happens. :(

The adolescent blutbad not being able to grow a full blutbad beard when woged was a nice touch.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Lol. Renard just tossed him. Nobody ever actually seems to know what game renard is playing.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

That was a law and order moment.

MildShow posted:

I was surprised the captain didn't put his game face on.

Yeah.

Edit. Lol I wanna know what Sean did offscreen.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 24, 2015

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

That's a dumb preview. We already know they don't have to be mortal enemies.

johntfs posted:

I love anal-retentively dedicated the Wesenrein were to observing the forms of their "trial." Meanwhile, Bud is awesome In my head it went from day to night because Bud managed to babble for like seven hours straight.

That was awesome.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

VBane posted:

That was freaking awesome.

1. I love it when a show finally gets "that scene". I think of as the Scooby Gang scene because Buffy and Angel's are very memorable, or GotG had a good one too. The scene that confirms they are united, prepared and ready to do what needs to be done. Freaking awesome.

2. Monroe's speech, love him.

3. Things break down, Juliette does not hesitate to pull the trigger.

4. Juliette has upgraded from pan to gun to literal death stare

I saw it more as a sonic scream.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

This Juliet as Hexenbeist story line better culminate with Juliet having a showdown with Adalind and stomping her dumb face in before exploding her brain.

Yes.

johntfs posted:

I thought the same thing, but I've watched the scene several times. The actual sound made is more of a softer, lengthier sound than a gunshot. It's likely that the Closed Captioning was done by someone at the network who thought "gunshot" instead of headsplode.

So would gun-toting Juliette. Juliette apparently had the highest body counts vs. the Wesenrein. Along with the headsplode, she also shot a dude earlier.

I still think she did it with the hexenbiest shriek. It was a sonic attack. I'm going to continue believing this until the show says otherwise...which may well be tonight.

Now I have to go dig out that cd. Thanks!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

That made me miss the ghost chasers.

Edit: ok, this guy is just as dumb. I'm pleased.

Edit2: hahaha. Wesen squatter.

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 31, 2015

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

johntfs posted:

I'd totally watch a show based around Juliette going around punishing rude douchebags.

Lol. I figured hexenbiests hexed people, so it's fitting.

Since they brought Wu in, they won't need an in-house wesen database.

E: did nbc just have a seizure for anyone else?

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 31, 2015

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Just caught up. The Wesen council is really bad at hiring hitmen. I would think that even human policemen would be concerned at 3 different murders in their jurisdiction all having the same m.o. If they had a hitman that used guns, I could see them using the same guy. But scorpion venom in a huge stab wound every time would probably send up some red flags.

It was nice that the two guys who relay messages for the council didn't agree with the killing of Nick, since he actually found the cure to something that they have been killing children for for centuries.

Here's hoping Juliette rips out Adelind's throat like she did Rosalee in her nightmare.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Are we gonna have some bbq pork?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Olson was the name of the pig on Garfield and friends.

Lol. Adelind made the mistake of wandering into Juliette's kitchen. Wish Juliette would have killed her.

Haha. That preview.

Bored fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 14, 2015

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Rosalee did say that the hexenbiests that are made are usually more powerful. And Adelind's loving stupid, so it also kind of makes sense that Juliette would already have learned better control. I just wish Juliette had been like, "You raped Nick!" and torn out her throat.

ETB posted:

The fight needed more frying pans.

I agree, but I was pleased to see she emptied the spice cabinet on Adelind's head. Also threw every knife in the kitchen at her. So she was still using her kitchen as her weapons vault.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

ETB posted:

Maybe they're just specced differently. There's the Hex specialization tree, which Adalind is mediocre at. There's the Mindfuck specialization, which the mentor lady is clearly best at. Then there's Savagery, which Juliette (and Renard) are clearly focused in.

I like this explanation.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Cactus posted:

A very small nitpick, but I don't like the way Juliet says "Bitch!" It sounds very forced.

She also sucks at handling animals. I was like, "That is not how you pick a dog up off of the examining table." Also she is, for some reason, only seeing clients in her surgery room. I'm probably the only viewer annoyed by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Lol. Nick's face is the best, followed by Sasha Roiz's still-in-character face.

• Locked thread