Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
Juliette seems to have had a serious turnaround since the end of the last season. Maybe I'm having some selective memory issues here, but I seem to recall her being very Done with everything. Now she's being very defensive about what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

pentyne posted:

Well, Adaline banged her fiance using a spell to look exactly like her, revenge on that bitch is probably the foremost thing in her mind and she might feel some resentment towards Nick but can't quite blame him for it.
I mean either would be understandable, but she seems to have flipped from angry at everyone to revenge mode for no reason from the season finale to the new season premier.

pentyne posted:

Also, its about time they bring in Wu. He's already had his mind broken once, he's gone around terrified he'll see things that "aren't" real, he's seen the Grimm journal, he knows something is off, and letting him suffer just because Monroe is antsy about more people knowing is bullshit. Wu may not be as close to Nick as Hank but he's still definitely a friend and his role as a patrol cop means they can call him for a specific kind of help that Hank can't.

The hospital scene was such a tease, I was very :getin: when Hank was just about to tell Wu, then the Doctor comes out and interrupts everything. I feel like they'll tell him in the next couple of episodes.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Mukaikubo posted:

I'm poleaxed with dismay at the prospect of dragging out another barely connected European plot, they just keep dangling Wu well past the point where it made sense to let him know what's up, the SHOULD I OR SHOULD I NOT bullshit with Nick's powers looks to be spinning into high gear... and now Trubel's been abducted by FBI Royal Bird Police. :suicide: I guess I'll keep pushing forward with this.

Really? I thought this European plot was way more connected once they added the "oh by the way we sort of share minds" between Adalind and Nick. Pretty sure they're going to tell Wu, other stuff just keeps getting in the way.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Jedit posted:

JD, I think you're sniping for the sake of it. Octopus Head always looked a bit sick after stealing memories and it was implied that they became his own. What he stole from Trubel was all the memories at the top of her mind, not of wesen but of being constantly having to live in fear of wesen. When he absorbed those memories and they became part of his life, he inherited the fear and unlike Trubel he broke under it. Meanwhile, Trubel has now lost all those memories and can sleep at night again.

The way he was also terrified of the fact that he had just absorbed grimm memories made it seem like they were somehow "poisonous," by their very nature of coming from a grimm. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

JD Bucks 7 posted:

I guess it will be interesting to see what is up with Captain and Sexy Hexenbeist Mom. That is the only arc that seems remotely interesting, and that will be all of 4 minutes of the episode.

"She's had some work done." I laughed, not going to lie.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

johntfs posted:

"That is not normal." Oh, Hank, this is Portland. Of course it's normal for this show.

Also, Oh, joy, FBIrdwoman represents yet another secret organization with mysterious motives.

I have every expectation that it's just the royals. Maybe different royals, but royals.

Seems like depowered Nick should be resolved soon(tm)--I don't think those two goons outside the spice shop are going to pose a threat to the three people inside, but we'll see I guess.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Astrofig posted:

Brought on, probably, by whatever it was she accepted and ate from the creepy troll-man....

They even showed it in the "previously" part at the beginning of the episode. Seem to be laying that one on pretty thick.

I was somewhat disappointed that there wasn't a fight scene with the two goons who threw a brick into the spice shop. They were masked up like they were going to try to bash in some heads. But instead they threw a brick through a window and ran away like children.

Renard's mom is also fabulous. Her character is hilarious. Such a nice change of pace from the other hexenbiest.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It's the same problem with Laurel on Arrow. Great actress given absolute poo poo to work with. Also, tell Wu now!

I keep thinking that they'll have to tell him in the next episode, but they just keep leaving Wu dangling. It's getting a bit silly, honestly.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
Perhaps Juliette transformed into Adalind? Laugh.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Merlinicus posted:

Perhaps Juliette transformed into Adalind? Laugh.

I love that this was supposed to be a "nah this is just too ridiculous" alternative. Then it ended up being true.

Merlinicus fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 22, 2014

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

JD Bucks 7 posted:

This episode was leaps and bounds better than previous, but I was surprised to see so many comments and no one point out what I thought was an obvious plan for the writers: Josh and Trubel get together. Whether he Grimms or not, she will become his lover and savior and they can go off to wherever they go off to and be written out of the show. Why else bring Josh back? He is either going to be a Grimm, or he will become Adalind-level/Juliette-coma of annoying levels with his innocence of and perplexed amazement of everything his dad tried to tell him about.

Well, or they could actually be advancing the key plot. Maybe.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

JD Bucks 7 posted:

Great episode. I still wonder why the Wesenrein needed to have Captain call his hench-crock who did absolutely nothing

I completely forgot about that character. Nothing ever happened with him, did it. That's a bit weird.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
Does it make a huge difference whether she directly blew up the guy's head with her mind, or used her mind to blow his brains out with a gun she had dropped? It seems like a specious distinction to me. Still awesome.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
From the end of the last episode, I'm not really convinced Juliette still WANTS to get rid of Hexenpowers. Her response of "I need to protect myself" (or whatever the exact quote was) was said with a foreboding deep and thoughtful tone.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Applewhite posted:

What if market research revealed the primary audience of the show was tweens or something and they've just adjusted their storylines and dialogue to be more age appropriate?
"She's a friggin' hexenbeast??" Was delivered with the exact same flat, fake level of astonishment that I remeber girls using all the time back in middle school when they were trying to sound dramatic.
"He friggin' asked Jenny K to go out with him???"

This episode has me seriously reconsidering my decision to still watch this show...

pentyne posted:

With how fast and loose the writers play with any Wessen rules they originally made there's no guarantee.

Even if they aren't Wessen, they're similar enough to Wessen (Grimms are the only non-Wessen that see them, etc) I don't think there's a "real" distinction to be made.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

pentyne posted:

the entire royal/Grimm dynamic is a complete loving mess because a "royal" just beat the poo poo out of Renard, a wessen, and we still have no idea what "royal" is supposed to be.

OK, in fairness Renard was beating the poo poo out of the other guy until he had a "bullets to the chest" relapse, at which point he was struggling to stand up anyways (so the other guy ended up winning).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Jedit posted:

Renard didn't commit any murders. He was the murder weapon, not the killer.

Yeah in the case of Renard it's different than Zombie Nick. Renard literally had no control or awareness of killing the people he did, in any sense. And, considering the person who originally killed him was in cahoots with the royals, pinning it on one of them is totally fine with me.

• Locked thread