Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Good-Natured Filth posted:

The thing I like the least about this powered-down Nick is that Adalind was the one who caused it. Hexenbiests seem too over-powered. They've been able to do pretty much anything that the writers want them to do (put someone into a deep, traumatic coma; resurrect a dead person; get their powers back completely; de-power a Grimm; etc.). Maybe some of that is potions and not actual Hexenbiest powers, but it seems a bit ridiculous that the writers turn to Adalind for a lot of the main Grimm-problems that we've seen.

Well, she is one of the major villains. She's got to have clout or it's not believable that Nick would work with her on those occasions when they're both against the Royals. Also while hexenbiests have a lot of power, they also have to put in a lot of work to use it. The most powerful things we've seen them do have all required major preparation. The sheer amount of poo poo Adalind had to go through to get her mojo back pales in comparison to how easy it was for Nick to steal it.

JD, I think you're sniping for the sake of it. Octopus Head always looked a bit sick after stealing memories and it was implied that they became his own. What he stole from Trubel was all the memories at the top of her mind, not of wesen but of being constantly having to live in fear of wesen. When he absorbed those memories and they became part of his life, he inherited the fear and unlike Trubel he broke under it. Meanwhile, Trubel has now lost all those memories and can sleep at night again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

hollylolly posted:

I do like that Monroe was like, "Let's keep looking anyway..." They weren't close to finding a cure, and if in two days Nick comes bursting in desperate for his powers back because X wesen is trying to eat Juliette they would have to restart their search and still be a day or two (or however long) away from discovering how to neutralize the spell. Better to just keep working just in case (plus there's no way Nick doesn't want to be cured soon what with Adalind switching eyes with him or whatever).

I would wager that Nick and Adalind are going to do a full body swap for an episode or two. Long enough at least to get her out of her cell.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

johntfs posted:

"That is not normal." Oh, Hank, this is Portland. Of course it's normal for this show.

Also, Oh, joy, FBIrdwoman represents yet another secret organization with mysterious motives.

I don't think their motives are that mysterious. Grimms were historically used by the Royals to keep wesen armies under control. If Hawkgirl there is a wesen working for an organisation that wants Grimms on board, odds are good someone's trying to go back to the good old days.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

What I liked was that Nick struggling because he does like being a Grimm, he doesn't want to ruin things with Juliette over it, and I liked is that Juliette decides that Nick should become a Grimm because their friends need help. It's two sides of selflessness.

Nick also struggles with doing it because it's inevitably going to damage his relationship with Juliette. It doesn't matter that he knows it's not Adelind, he's still getting it up for a woman who looks like her.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

hollylolly posted:

Bringing Josh back was a great move. It also cements the fact that Nick getting his mojo back was of course the right choice. Grimm or not, this Key business is not going away and will hurt everyone involved in it.

I realized that Adalind's mind trip started with her eating something - probably Be Stupid bread - and her visions all had a distinct Alice in Wonderland flair to them. Drowning in a pool of tears, strange doors, eating food that does stuff to you, even the baby turning into a pig.

People keep mentioning Alice, but all that stuff is pure fairytale. Adelind becomes less annoying when you realise she's a fairytale character acting like a fairytale character, who stands out only because the other fairytale characters don't act that way.

Fun thought: we've so far seen three royal princes: Sean Renard, his brother Eric, and Viktor. In fairytales it's always the third, youngest prince who succeeds - and that's Sean.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

hollylolly posted:

Why does everyone keep coming up with the idea that Trubel is going to be written out? I'm going to go against the flow and say she isn't.:colbert:

Because Jacqueline Toboni is only credited as a guest star in her second season. It could be a case of an incompetent agent, but if they planned to use her in most of the episodes she should have full cast status. Since she doesn't have it, odds are good she's going to disappear in the next two episodes, either permanently or until the season finale.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

You don't call making Juliette inexplicably a Hexenbiest and Wu getting let in "shaking up the status quo"?

What was inexplicable about Juliette becoming a hexenbiest? She literally turned into Adelind, nature and all, and while her appearance changed back the hexenbiest side stuck.

I also don't see it being a long term problem for her, because Nick knows how to depower hexenbiests.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

johntfs posted:

I get the feeling Nick blood won't do the trick in terms of depowering Juliette. Figure Adalind is likely also immune since she was previously exposed to Nick's blood. I think it'll turn out that the blood of any particular Grimm only works on any one hexenbiest, like getting chicken pox and being immune to it from that point forward.

Since Juliette is a kind of semi-clone of Adalind's power, Juliette is also likely to be immune to Nick's blood.

Plus, doing it that way gives a reason for Trubel to return and I love Trubel.

So long as Nick's written smart enough to try it, it'll be OK.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Robot Hobo posted:

Her long, complicated pregnancy that took most of a season before our protagonist(s) got involved for an episode or two. Baby seemed like an important and maybe interesting thing what the main characters will have to deal wi- nope, Nick's Mom takes baby with her and leaves the show again.

You can make all kinds of criticisms of Adelind's plot arc, but when Grimm appears to cover one year per season (based on how many times Monroe puts his decorations out), complaining that a nine-month pregnancy takes up most of a twelve-month season is a bit much.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

bamhand posted:

That's why you ate your carpet.

Oh.

Nick needs to ask Adalind for one of those cookies. If he was willing to munch rug Juliette might put out more often.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Cactus posted:

and :lol: if they ever introduce a storyline where the Wesen tendency to vogue when they "lose control" leads to some uncomfortable sex scenes. Go on writers, I know you have it in you.

Grimm S4: Come on, woge, let your body go with the flow

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Boru posted:

I just had a thought: when do hexenbeasts "come of age"? Is it possible Juliette was always a hexenbeast and just didn't know it? Maybe the Adalind shenanigans just kind of jump started her latent power?

Diana is six months old and has full hexenbiest powers, so potentially they "come of age" at birth. Diana's a bit abnormal, but it does appear to be during childhood. Rosalee told Trubel she began to woge when she was 13, and there was the feral Blutbad girl in S1 who disappeared aged seven and was found aged 16 in full woge. The girl's adoptive mother didn't know she was wesen, and it not seeming likely that a young wesen would be able to control the woge any better than Juliette, that implies wesen must start to woge between those ages. Puberty is most likely the trigger.

Odds are also good that any hexenbiest in Portland would know Juliette's parents if they were also hexenbiests, so barring a ridiculous foundling plot she wasn't born that way.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Biomute posted:

She never said anything of the sort. If she'd gone "Nicks blood cannot drive out the infection as created hexenbiests of power are resistant" we would have a (albeit lame) nod to the world as established. That the writers did not do that means they're either totally incompetent and forgot about it, or they're underestimating their audience either by purposefully ignoring the entire thing, or by milking this development for the rest of the season only to introduce the easy fix in the finale.

Or Henrietta has an ulterior motive.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

One more new episode this week coming, then hiatus until the end of March. loving American TV networks.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

johntfs posted:

I'm kind of okay with that. Assuming a 22 episode season that means we get the back part of Grimm as nine episodes in a row.

I'm wondering if Juliette's condition means that she and Nick will start using blindfolds in bed and go Fifty Shades of Grimm.

I am going to beat you until you die. Please book an appointment at a mutually convenient time.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

johntfs posted:

I guess I get it. Schade vs. Shade. Still, that really seems like a reach.

Unless memory fails me completely, didn't she go by the Americanised "Shade" in S1?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

The Americans pronounce it "Shade," the Royals and their henchman say "Shah-dah."

It's the German word for "pity", so in Vienna they pronounce it correctly.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

TMMadman posted:

I don't think that Juliet is mode advanced than Adalind, it's just that she is using rage and blind instinct. After all, it's not like Juliet knows a bunch of spells and all she has really has been doing is basic telekinesis type stuff. Even without powers, she is probably physically stronger than Adalind and being full of rage definitely helps out.

That isn't to say that Adalind isn't incompetent since she clearly hasn't done much, if anything, right since she has been introduced.

Yeah, I was thinking that myself. Adalind's fault is not that she's bad at magic, it's that she misapplies her knowledge. She also isn't good in a crisis - all her best work is done with lots of preparation time - and she's poor at thinking on her feet. Juliette is of necessity good in a crisis and adaptable; if she isn't, her patients die. That's going to give her the edge in any fight. But while Juliette may be able to outclass Adalind in a TK battle, she can't shapeshift, heal wounds or any of the other things we've seen hexenbiests do. It's like comparing a surgeon to a knife thrower - they're both good with blades, but in different ways.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

johntfs posted:

Prior to "Game Ogre" Juliette was just "Nick's cute but bland girlfriend. Then came the scene where she walks in on Nick getting beaten to death by the ogre. She doesn't scream or run, she moves to help him. First she reaches for a big butcher knife, then stops reconsiders and throw a pot full of boiling water into the ogre's eyes, buying Nick time to pull his gun and drive the thing off. Then the very next episode, she asked Nick to give her shooting lessons. Brave, smart and capable of planning for the future.

It makes me wonder if Adalind isn't in the show for the exact purpose of turning Juliette into the Wicked Witch of the Northwest. If you're not now imagining what Juliette would be like if she had Adalind's level of knowledge, you're probably still asking why created hexenbiests are more dangerous.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Robot Hobo posted:

"The last, I think, seven episodes... things change in Nick’s life that’ll never be the same. I’d say the events that take place in Nick’s life, in probably the last five episodes, are as momentous as him finding out that he’s a Grimm."

If I had to bet, I'd put half of my chips on "Nick has a kid on the way" and half on "Nick has a sibling he never knew about," with maybe one chip tossed onto "Season finale cliffhanger involves Nick freaking the gently caress out and stabbing a dozen humans at a Portland Furry convention."

"Hey Monroe, what is Yiffing? I can't find it in any of the journals an-"
"We don't talk about that."
"But it's for a case and I re-"
"WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT!"

We need an episode in the style of Buffy's "Normal Again" where we find out that the Royals, the Wesen Council and so on are just a delusion he's made up and he's spent the last four years killing furries.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

MinorRed posted:

I love that the sons name was Peter, it was a nice touch.

Not to mention that the Leporem Venator is kind of wolflike if not actually Blutbaden. Pom, pom, pa-pom pom pom...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Bored posted:

Just catching up on Grimm. Why didn't Renard laugh when Adelind removed her sunglasses. I would have.

I imagine that when you're a police officer you've seen enough battered women to make it not funny no matter how it happened.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Xealot posted:

Perhaps. Though, the clearest metaphor for the wesen-Grimm relationship, as I see it, is minority distrust of the police. Aside from the "no snitchin'" aspect to wesen-on-wesen crimes, their historical relationship to Grimms is like a hyper-extreme version of the Eric Garner incident (or really, more like Jim Crow-era militias.)

There's an added aspect in that the wesen community needs to keep even its existence secret from the general population. To that end they have to police their own as much as possible.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

JD Bucks 7 posted:

This show just sucks. It makes no goddamn sense. Hexenbeist this. Royal blood that. No cohenrency whatsoever. And did we really need to see some stupid actor hamming it up in drag in the precinct for wesen of the week? Get me Trubel. Remember, Nick, "no grimm has come out alive" from dealing with one of them. You decapitorie that rear end in a top hat/bitch and you prove you are a Grimm. He looked at you like, "oh, a Grimm? Cool. Eat acid." That should NOT FLY with a Grimm. Yet you are a worthless one and act like the law is all you adhere to.

The law is what Nick adheres to when he can, that's why the wesen who get to know him mostly like him.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tahirovic posted:

I am still not happy with the "I'll run away from Nick and go to the guy I had a magic crush on that almost ruined my relationship" soap plot. It seems they're out of ideas and don't want to advance the actual plot too much so they come up with that poo poo.

She's run away to the one person she knows that she trusts and who might be able to help. I fail to see your problem with this.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tahirovic posted:

I feel there would be a lot more logical choices, the first being actually handling this with Nick, not running away to your recent almost boyfriend. Rosalie would also be a better option, she's wesen and they have actually spent time together outside of a love potion plot, they're actual friends. To me Renard and Juliette are more acquaintances and not real friends and I question how much trust there could really be, this makes him a worse choice than Nick/Rosalie.

What interesting outcome could this third rehash of relationship problems between Nick and Juliette have? We know they wont split up because the writers are to limited to pull that one off, instead there will be some magical solution to this by the end of the season and Nick is gonna be happy to have her back. Nothing advances plot wise, they'll be where they were at the start of this season.

I don't know what you're smoking, but it's drat rude of you not to offer to share. Nick already wants Juliette back. He's the one saying that they need to fix it if they can and come to terms with it if they can't. Juliette is not ready to do that, on the very good basis that she's become a type of wesen that has in some way hosed Nick over at every turn - albeit unintentional in Elizabeth Renard's case - and has the side issue of literally being a living corpse, which puts a damper on romance for most reasonable people. She clearly does want to be back with Nick, but she doesn't see how they can come to terms with it and she's already been told it can't be fixed. It's hardly unreasonable or illogical that she wants to get out before hurting Nick any more or building up false hope.

Your argument that Juliette would have been better going to Rosalie is also flawed for several reasons. First, Rosalie being wesen is not necessarily a plus point because most wesen rightly distrust hexenbiests. She would probably react much the same way Nick did. Second, if Juliette is better off going to Rosalie because they're both wesen, then you're acknowledging that hexenbiests are wesen and so Renard is wesen as well. She is therefore better off going to a wesen who is the same kind of wesen, especially when that type of wesen typically has a hell of a lot more capacity to fix magical trauma than a fuchsbau apothecary. Suggesting she goes to Rosalie over Renard is like recommending a cancer patient goes to see an aromatherapist before their oncologist.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

johntfs posted:

I think 'evil' is a good way to put it. Henrietta explained that Juliette had access to "a primal force of nature." Nature is many things, but good or kind aren't one of them. Nature is about survival of the fittest by any means necessary. Channeling something like that through a human with a lot of buried anger and resentment could result in some interesting outcomes.

Evil is a very bad way to describe nature, for all the reasons you described. It isn't good or kind, but nor is it evil or cruel.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

XboxPants posted:

Yeah generally I've been feeling alright with the season, even if it hasn't been my favorite, but this episode was especially bad. What the gently caress with the way they dealt with the sleeping monsters, that was some bumbling rear end nonsense.

And the "gag" at the end where they were all "so what do we do with the corpse of this guy that we casually, needlessly, idiotically murdered? Hahaha let's pose him somewhere funny! HOHOHO" WHAT THE FLYING gently caress??? :wtc:

They didn't pose him "somewhere funny", they posed him where the other frozen bodies had been found - in or around cars. They were covering up by making him look like another victim.

The really stupid thing about how they dealt with the sleeping monsters is that the resolution was obviously filmed first. That, or that particular wesen has the power to get dressed with supernatural speed and Nick and the gang undressed them all again before piling them up.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Space Racist posted:

Hell, I was still trying to figure out how the wesen from last week even reproduce - they only woge when another person is sexually attracted to them, and their woge causes a severe reaction upon touch, yet apparently there are at least three generations of them out there currently alive and well?

Presumably they're immune to their own poison.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Xealot posted:

What the gently caress? I'm pretty sure I understand ISIS destroying pre-Islamic art more than this opinion. Adalind hasn't even been spinning her wheels, the wheels flew off the axle seasons ago; what plot does she even have? Other than, "I lost a magic baby."

Adelind is a bad character because for the last two years she has literally served no purpose beyond being a life support machine for a vagina. That doesn't mean she can't be improved on by giving her something to do other than gently caress and face the consequences.

Actually, the best thing they could do with Adelind is have Juliette kill her after finding out she's carrying Nick's baby. I doubt the writers would have the stones to have a lead murder a pregnant woman in cold blood, but as ways to send Juliette off the Dark Side pier it can't be beaten.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

misguided rage posted:

I am super upset that they went back to this with the hexenbiest stuff. A previously normal character got super powers? Best use for that is to stir up a little trouble in paradise, am I right?? :downs:

Honestly I'm happier with that than with any alternative I can come up with. Juliette hasn't gained superpowers. She's become something both she and Nick hate, and the superpowers just happened to come with it. His reaction to the situation is fine, hers is understandable. Even the thing with Renard is not unbelievable, at least from her point of view; loving someone else to show your clingy ex it's over is something people do, even if I can't see why he would go along with it.

No, my complaints with the writing right now are focused on the silly wesen and treading water on the keys. If more time gets concentrated on the key plot and we find out what Renard really wants in Portland (an eighth Royal kingdom, I suspect) then the writers won't have to struggle to come up with more new wesen.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

DoggPickle posted:

I am 100% sure that if any cool person suddenly gained the powers of a hexenbeist, unless it effected their actual thought process or emotions, they'd be kinda freaked out, but ultimately like "holy poo poo, I'm awesome now!!!" :dance: Anything less is a person I don't want to be friends with because they hate fun.

"You want a beer?"

"No, I don't want to drink. My mom left my dad because he beat her when he was drunk, and now she runs the local AA chapter."

"What, are you not cool or something? I don't want to be friends with you."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Thanks for the title change, Deadpool!

But we all know, deep down, that is not going to happen. There's too much untapped ground to be had from Nick no longer being able to look up the answers in a book. He'll have to figure things out on his own without them, and that kind of thing is just too interesting for a writer to pass up. And that might indeed be really interesting...

If the trailer stuff was destroyed by a villain, that might actually be okay. Having it destroyed by Juliette is just going to be something that leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth. That's decades, centuries of irreplacable material she's destroyed. Yes, her life sucks and she's losing her grip on sanity, but even if she gets better, that's not going to undo the harm she's done.

I definitely liked how the B-plot was handled this week. I think it was a good idea to not have the Wesen camp people be villains. That would have been the cheap and easy way to do that story, but to show that they're just decent folks trying to find a safe outlet to express their natures helped humanize them.

The daughter was easy to peg as the killer from early on, but to have her motivation be not just evil but as a consequence of her family thinking she's "just a girl", and not giving her an outlet for that stuff also worked. It added a nice tragic element to the end.

The ending was also good, I think that after all the woman's talk of being the superior species and seeing the humans as prey, her dying at the hands of the "prey" was nicely ironic. I am definitely glad she was neither killed by her family or by Nick, that would have been a misstep.

Agreed on all points. This was straight up a good episode and exactly the kind of episode people here have said they wanted for a while - no new wesen, an actual exploration of how wesen interact with each other when there's not a Grimm about, some sign that Nick's reputation as a good and fair Grimm is spreading among the community - and I don't know why so many of you are bitching about it. The Bar Mitzwoge was a little corny, but then so are the father-son bonding camps it was riffing on. Nick "protecting his and Adalind's rape baby" is a misrepresentation; he's really protecting Juliette from herself. Even Adalind was tolerable, because the other characters are finally responding to her in the way they should.

And I'm glad the trailer is gone. Now we're spared the three minute scene in every episode where Nick, Hank and optional guests go to the trailer, find exactly what Nick just saw and get visited by the Ausstellungfee. Maybe instead now the wesen community beyond Monroe and the Eisbiebers are starting to trust him and be comfortable with him as a policeman of their affairs he can start receiving information from them.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Gromit posted:

That hitchhiker was fighting off what he thought was an animal attack, and then found out he stabbed a young woman to death. He's going to go through some hosed up poo poo the rest of his life, and might even get arrested by the other cops there. Either way things are pretty bad for him.

hosed up poo poo, but he'd probably reconcile it as having saved himself from a crazy woman. It was late, it was dark, he was tired, he thought it was an animal.

And contrary to what Blazing Ownager said, the hiker had several large cuts on his face to prove he had been attacked. Combined with there having been another similar attack in the area, it's a clear cut case of self defence.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tahirovic posted:

I've not even seen this episode but I wouldn't be too sure on that, Nick is a doormat and he'll gladly take his princess back no matter what. It'll just be "but oh you weren't yourself!"

You haven't seen the episode, but clearly you don't mind getting spoiled, so: Nick is working to fix Juliette even though she has told him she's perfectly happy how she is. I would not be at all surprised if the season finale involves the two of them throwing down over it when she tries to stop Adalind curing her. Hardly doormat territory.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Gromit posted:

So long as he didn't see the monstrous animal that attacked him (which seems unlikely.) If he did, he would think he accidentally killed an unarmed woman during the fight.

You'd be amazed how the human mind reconciles the intolerable. It is dark, someone leaps out and attacks you with teeth and nails - your first instinct is to think it's an animal. You may even see an animal. When it turns out to be a person, you're as surprised as anyone.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Robot Hobo posted:

I'm really confused.

Adalind spent a year doing every horrible thing she was told, just to get her Hexenbiest powers back, because they were that important to her. Now, when a rival Hexenbiest is trying to kill her and those powers are should be more important than ever just for self-defense... she's totally onboard with chugging a potion to make them go away again, just to see if the potion works?

What? No, seriously, what? Did I completely miss something?

If Adalind doesn't get rid of Juliette's powers, she's dead because she's not strong enough to fight her. It therefore doesn't really matter if she remains a hexenbiest. If she loses her own powers, though, there's at least a chance that Nick and Co may protect her.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

pasaluki posted:

It doesnt make any sense because Nick and Co would have to protect her for no other reason than she's carrying Nick's child. Also Nick the cop has protected Adalind before against the bee lady and is obviously aware that she's in huge danger which is why he pretty much immediately puts her under guard.
Pretty much regaining her Hexenbiest powers is a huge deal to her to the point we as viewers had to be subjected to b plot after b plot of her performing creepy rituals to get her powers back. Then without a second thought in this episode she *glug glug glugs* her own dead mother and loses her powers.
I think an argument can be made she has just as much chance of survival with her powers and in fact likely an increased chance to survive and assuming she does will still be a hexenbiest. Knowing that the potion she painstakingly and purposely created to do something actually does it is not a great tradeoff.

Counter-argument 1: We have some pretty compelling evidence that the powers corrupt. Yes, Nick has protected Adalind before - and look where it got him. Adalind giving up her powers would have to be a prerequisite for long term trust between her and Nick anyway, and it probably clears one of the big sticking points for him returning Diana to her.

Counter-argument 2: Can you imagine what Juliette's reaction would have been like if Nick had slipped her a dead mum mickey and it hadn't worked? The entire principal cast would be buried in the same sponge. Adalind needed to know that the poo poo worked and had no other way of testing it. Then Nick hosed it up by being a Nice Guy.

(Also, aren't you one of the people who has been bitching that Adalind fucks up everything she tries? And now you're bitching because she's taking care and makes sure that she's doing it right?)

Counter-argument 3: Adalind said to Nick in this episode, "I used to just be a lawyer until you came along". Sounds to me like she knows she's in over her head and she wants out. Even if Juliette is stopped, that's never going to happen so long as the Royals are interested in her and they are also a force she's not strong enough to fight. I don't know that losing her powers will make her insignificant enough to be beneath notice, but it's a valid motivation.

Counter-argument 4: We don't actually know yet that the potion is permanent. Adalind could have been trying to engineer a situation where she and Juliette are both depowered but Adalind gets hers back first. Exit Juliette, stage left.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Oasx posted:

To give some props to the show, i hated the idea of burning the trailer because it was a cool set. But if they intend to use the cellar in the spice shop as a replacement, that wouldn't be bad at all.

It's a better place for it, honestly. As was the crew were going out to Aunt Marie's TARDIS to prepare then having to go to the spice shop for a second round of the same with Rosalee and/or Monroe. Putting their research stuff in the stockroom means they don't have to waste time telling Rosalee what they need when the audience already know, either she's there to go get it or they can find it for themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

pasaluki posted:

1. If its the powers that corrupt than why was Adalind still such a conniving bitch when she didn't have her powers in season 2?

She was conniving to get the powers back because she wanted them. Think of it like an addiction. When Nick took Adalind's powers away it's like she was forced into rehab, and she started looking to cheat on her sobriety. This time it's get sober or die, and it's her choice.

quote:

2. I don't think being worried about her getting really cross with them makes sense. Its like worrying about a rabid hyena's feelings. Also every other episode is the Grimm cast coming up with some weird scheme that they don't have time or enough ingredients to try out more than once. Countless episodes have this dating back to season one such as the Seigbarste, the volcano guy etc. Also there are other hexenbiests. As an aside the fact that the solution makes exactly 2 and only two doses is just contrived and stupid.

The jar still looked mostly full, so there was more than two doses. The stupidity was keeping it all in one jar, but that's Nick's fault for thinking Juliette was only how she was because she'd given up, and would still want to be saved if he found a way.

• Locked thread