Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Mulefisk posted:

problem is that the show has bad pacing because louie isn't a film man and should have left the parts he doesn't know how to do to the professionals instead of making Babby's First TV Show and getting it on the air because he's famous enough to bargain a good contract with Fox

i think the rawness is one of its major appeals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
The show would be better if it was more like Pootie Tang.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Mulefisk posted:

problem is that the show has bad pacing because louie isn't a film man and should have left the parts he doesn't know how to do to the professionals instead of making Babby's First TV Show and getting it on the air because he's famous enough to bargain a good contract with Fox

oh you mean like having a cinematographer that makes the show look like nothing else on tv? the same cinematographer that has worked with him on all his shorts and movies that he's made as a non film man? like all these people http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1492966/combined ?

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
Wait, you mean you didn't think Louie sucked before season 4? I couldn't watch past the first couple of episodes because of the incredibly stilted delivery of the awkward rear end script. Sorry, Louis CK, I think your standup is passable, but I don't like your tv show.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i dont hate louis ck i hate him for doing something he shouldnt try to do himself. like there was probably a point to the latest season but it wasnt with himself as actor and director. he has professional writers. i guess he likes to film himself. it hasnt turned out well

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I had heard people say the show was funny, and after watching a couple episodes of season 4 I had no idea why it was on tv.

His standup is ok, I find it a bit hit and miss.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Bolek posted:

oh you mean like having a cinematographer that makes the show look like nothing else on tv? the same cinematographer that has worked with him on all his shorts and movies that he's made as a non film man? like all these people http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1492966/combined ?

i don't know, the series is like part late pink floyd when roger waters' ego exploded and he wanted to micromanage everything (badly) and part rich incompetent kid who gets a job because his daddy works in the business.

Roy fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Oct 21, 2014

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I've never found Louis C.K. funny. He's insanely overrated.

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW

Three Olives posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFdWcNJ17YY

It almost makes you think that fats are people.

They are you loving loser.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Louis C.K. is a guy I never really laughed at all that much but I went "hmm that's sort of an interesting thing to think about, what do I think about it?" so I thought about it for a little bit and then went "oh it's loving stupid and gross thanks for telling me about your baby daughter's poo poo-filled vagina you weirdo"

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Season 4 sucked and the fat girl monologue was terrible. She was basically complaining that she didn't get to bang hot guys. Imagine a fat but otherwise normal-looking man crying about how swimsuit models will never date him. That's what that episode was, but for some reason people loved it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have to agree, season 4 was real bad

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Louis C.K. is overrated and seems bitter or emotionally unstable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HbYScltf1c Pootie Tang is great though.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm glad I never started watching season 4 if it is as bad as mentioned, I saw everything up to the end of season 3 and then missed some final episodes. I love Louie and I hope he gets his groove back

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
http://youtu.be/P_cnaTG1ucI

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I'm glad I never started watching season 4 if it is as bad as mentioned, I saw everything up to the end of season 3 and then missed some final episodes. I love Louie and I hope he gets his groove back

Some people really liked the shift in tone though

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

City of Tampa posted:

Season 4 sucked and the fat girl monologue was terrible. She was basically complaining that she didn't get to bang hot guys. Imagine a fat but otherwise normal-looking man crying about how swimsuit models will never date him. That's what that episode was, but for some reason people loved it.

Yeah but when she spoke directly to schlubs who are afraid to flirt with her because deep down they're terrified of admitting that yes they do belong with a fat girl rang really true.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Try looking up from your phone sometime and look around you at the, uh... Go up to a tree and look at the bark up close. Moron.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

City of Tampa posted:

Yeah I think the message was that dudes that look like louie should settle for women in their league. In the following episode louie hooks up with a sexy foreign chick. The fattie is never seen again.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 21, 2014

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I'm glad I'm not alone in being oddly disgusted by season 4 and stopping after the second elevator chick episode

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I think I watched it only because I thought the foreign chick was hot because nothing else about that season really stands out.

Except for that episode where louie punches a model in the face and is then forced to pay her 5k a month for the rest of his life.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Louie punched Miranda from Mass Effect in the face

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Louie has never really seemed like a comedy show to me, I mean it has funny parts but mostly it seems like it can't decide whether it wants to be a drama or not and the result really isn't that interesting to me

I guess this is one of those things you have to be a white person to fully appreciate

BigBoss posted:

The show would be better if it was more like Pootie Tang.

truth

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Guy Fleegman posted:

When Louie is out on a date in a diner and he's confronted by those "bullies", seriously the tension in that scene was palpable. It was not only good acting but it was well written and realistic as hell.
That part was great, too bad he ended it with him confronting the bully's dad and giving him a stern talking-to on how he didn't raise his kid right. Even when the show was good it was preachy.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yeah I think the message was that dudes that look like louie should settle for women in their league. In the following episode louie hooks up with a sexy foreign chick. The fattie is never seen again.

The best/worst part of the fatty monologue is when she points to the 4th wall and talks about how Louie and her make a cute couple. Like the point she's making on a broad level of average guys needing to settle still lands, but when you look at Louie in particular you can see him straining to look like a schlub against the memory of all the hot groupies he's clearly been loving. Like maybe 2008 Louis C.K. looked like he belonged with you nice fat girl, but 2014 Louis has some city miles and a lot of fond pussy memories you can't compete with and we all know it.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

im not terribly fat but i probably belong with an obese woman because of my personality

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
Louis and Louie are both actually good, sorry everyone in this thread who is wrong.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

was the one where he goes to the strip club with the suicide man season 4

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
they need to show more Pamela Aldon

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

mind the walrus posted:

The best/worst part of the fatty monologue is when she points to the 4th wall and talks about how Louie and her make a cute couple. Like the point she's making on a broad level of average guys needing to settle still lands, but when you look at Louie in particular you can see him straining to look like a schlub against the memory of all the hot groupies he's clearly been loving. Like maybe 2008 Louis C.K. looked like he belonged with you nice fat girl, but 2014 Louis has some city miles and a lot of fond pussy memories you can't compete with and we all know it.

Do stand up comedians really have groupies?

Like how much do you have to hate yourself for that one.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Honestly I find the trophy wive contingent for the tech. sector boys of places like Silicon Valley more pitiful; at least with a stand-up comedian he might make you laugh and put you in a "shameful hook-up story" on-stage one day.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
why did u call it 04 instead of 4? do u think there will be 10 seasons so youd better format it that way in advance so when this thread is rediscovered 6+ years hence you will not look like a dumb dumb?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Louie looked much worse without clothes off than I thought he would. That beach episode where he longs for that other mans dick was a real eye opener

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
at least the show is better than Lucky Louie on HBO a few years back.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I still think Louis CK is funny but I'm glad it's popular to think he's a hack now because that amuses me more.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

*ironically detached soul dead nerd voice* yea ok cell phones right ok you old weirdo pshh *trolls for favs on twitter for 2 hours*

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

City of Tampa posted:

Imagine a fat but otherwise normal-looking man crying about how swimsuit models will never date him.

I don't have to imagine that, its called the Internet.

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I'm glad I'm not alone in being oddly disgusted by season 4 and stopping after the second elevator chick episode

This is the turning point at which the show becomes different. Prior to that I liked it, and afterwards I found it just sort of odd and off-putting.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
LOUIE RAPED THAT WOMAN

HE RAPED HER

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

England Sucks posted:

They are you loving loser.

I'm big boned leave me alone this is about other fatties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Zzulu posted:

LOUIE RAPED THAT WOMAN

HE RAPED HER

I'm surprised at how surprised I am that this is a topic on that show.

• Locked thread