Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
He hosed up and went serious. Tell jokes, don't try to get me invested in your creepy love story.

xutech posted:

Ever since I heard that rumour about him jacking off in front of Garfunkel and Oates I don't care for his comedy styles anymore.

WTF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

...of SCIENCE! posted:

pretty much any comedian who gets rich and famous for "telling it like it is" will inevitably crawl up their own rear end because they get it in their head that every thought they have is ground-breaking and important

Bill Hicks died from this.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

i agree but it could still be louis ck

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Also, Bill Cosby drugged and raped 13 women.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

There's a great moment on that lovely web show he does "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" where he's with Mel Brooks and Mel is like "I don't like his comedy, but his marketing is really impressive. That guy -uh Louis C.K." and Seinfeld is immediately having loving none of it and goes "I didn't come here to shill for Louis C.K."

Pretty big :iceburn: all told.

Then Seinfeld did a guest spot on Louis' show.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Guy Fleegman posted:

When Louie is out on a date in a diner and he's confronted by those "bullies", seriously the tension in that scene was palpable. It was not only good acting but it was well written and realistic as hell.

The show worked really well as a series of tight little vignettes. I don't think he was able to sustain the longer story arcs. Also, numerous instances of women chasing after this reluctant ginger blob is a stretch.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

Since he hit it big he undoubtedly has hot groupies that he fucks on tour. Sad fact of entertainment-- stupid pussy chases after the stars.

No doubt, plus he's rich now.

But the show is based around him being a shlub.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

And that's exactly why I said I think this show's reached it's apex. He's too far away from schlubsville to really be insightful or genuine from that perspective. Now he needs to evolve or die.

Exactly.

argondamn posted:

so it's time for the louie backlash

That's been going on for a while. I still like his standup, I hope he didn't jack off in front of anybody against their will.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

City of Tampa posted:

Imagine a fat but otherwise normal-looking man crying about how swimsuit models will never date him.

I don't have to imagine that, its called the Internet.

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I'm glad I'm not alone in being oddly disgusted by season 4 and stopping after the second elevator chick episode

This is the turning point at which the show becomes different. Prior to that I liked it, and afterwards I found it just sort of odd and off-putting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I like when he went on Opie and Anthony and kept asking Donald Rumsfeld if he was a lizard.

That segment was pretty funny, but that and all similar shows are the ultimate in lowest common denominator trash.

• Locked thread