Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yea it wasnt good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

maron actually surpassed louie this year in entertainment value imo and his schtick is that hes actually a genuinely lovely pathetic person in real life

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yea ppl gave that scene a lot of poo poo but i thought it was one of the better moments in the season

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Three Olives posted:

No I mean it kind of comes close but she is still an insufferable whiny bitch about how people won't gently caress her because she won't put down the fork and walk around the block.

arent you fat though

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

louis ck should stop making the show. why does american tv always feel like it has to go for like 7 or 8 seasons until ppl stop watching it. the best british comedy stops at like 3 or 4 and then the writers stop that poo poo and do something different

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Three Olives posted:

Yes but men get away with being fat like Louie don't you understand the clip at all?

doesnt apply to gays and you know that

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Agag posted:

He hosed up and went serious. Tell jokes, don't try to get me invested in your creepy love story.

it would have been fine if it had been good, but it wasnt

or he should stop making this show and stop filming himself. if he wants to make a drama find a better actor and dont make it "louie"

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

louis ck's irl spare time is sailing his yacht up and down the east coast. that is what he does

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sintax posted:

theres like a dozen comedians i can immediately think of that would jerk off in front of women before i think its louie

i agree but it could still be louis ck

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Agag posted:

Also, Bill Cosby drugged and raped 13 women.

hosed up but true

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Guy Fleegman posted:

When Louie is out on a date in a diner and he's confronted by those "bullies", seriously the tension in that scene was palpable. It was not only good acting but it was well written and realistic as hell.

that was a really good episode

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yea he did great poo poo like the catholic shame episode and the diner episode, which were cool vignettes but his attempt at an entire season of drama was not good. i get what he trying to do, its just that its bad as art

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i dont hate louis ck i hate him for doing something he shouldnt try to do himself. like there was probably a point to the latest season but it wasnt with himself as actor and director. he has professional writers. i guess he likes to film himself. it hasnt turned out well

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I like when he went on Opie and Anthony and kept asking Donald Rumsfeld if he was a lizard.

that was pretty funny

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Bolek posted:

he's got a really good casting person. like that science teacher for example was instantly believable. or that bully's dad. gotta say though i don't think pamela adlon is very good and i think would never be on the show if they weren't collaborators/friends.

the bully dad/bully son ep was one of the few non-comedy episodes which were legit good

like that kind of stuff was best by itself instead of in arcs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

the catholic guilt ep was alright too

• Locked thread