Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
When I was in senior year of high school there was this place near the school that the other guys used to always make jokes about. Anyway I was walking past there one day and this chick came out and asked me if I wanted to feel good. I said yeah my back's really sore are you a chiropractor. And she was all like "sure baby I can be a chiropractor for you, whatever you want". So we went into her 'office' (chiropractors have really weird offices by the way, not like a regular doctor's office at all, for one thing the thing they make you lie on is a proper bed instead of the lovely trolley-with-padding you usually get) and she did an alignment on me, only she did it on my dick instead of my back. Maybe it's like reflexology where you do a thing on one part of the body to fix up a completely different part?

Anyway my back did in fact feel better afterwards, but only for like a day. She was literally half the price of the next chiropractor I went to as well, the one my idiot GP referred me to, and normally I'd say you get what you pay for, but with the other chiropractor, the expensive one, it just hurt and I didn't even get a single day of feeling better.

I guess a lot of it's just woo, and people being nice and pretending to care about your boring problems, that makes these alternative therapies work at all. A placebo type thing. And some are simply better at that than others. With that in mind I'd happily recommend "Paradise Girls" if you've got a sore back and need a chiropractor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread